Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Why does my 01 Sport have multi-leaf springs?

All 01 - 03's have multi-leaf springs. The previous generation had the mono-leaf.
  2. M

dish soap to clean your ride?

I do a dish soap wash once a year to strip the wax off. I then clay, use a cleaner (sometimes), a polish, and then a wax. The annual dish soap wash is so that the layers of wax do not build up. Otherwise, I use a car wash soap.
  3. M

Dream Car

Nah, that coupe needs to be a fastback. (and it needs to be a real shelby)
  4. M

Chpped paint

For sanding, oversand the edges just ever so slightly. This should take care of the rust. The coats I was refering to were the coats of touch-up paint. Use something small like a toothpick to apply the touch-up paint instead of the brush that comes in the bottle.
  5. M

Chpped paint

This link is a very thorough guide. http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=27 If you don't have that much time, or its not important to get it looking completely perfect, all you need is touch-up paint and something abrasive to clean the bare metal. The best advice I can give is...
  6. M

New In-Dash 6CD

Probably, the best route to go, is go to ebay and see if any factory subs are for sale.
  7. M

Hi, I'm new to this site.

Welcome, not sure about the lights. Someone wiser will hopefully respond.
  8. M

First Gen Overhead Console

Not quite sure on price (I've seen some $25 e-bay deals) Just remember that if you can't find a '94 one, the newer ones will still work.
  9. M

Question on Torission Bar Twist

No you cannot. Torsion bars are only on explorers 1995 and after.
  10. M

OEL movies and graphics for pioneer decks

Wow! Now I just need to figure out how to upload them, Thanks!
  11. M

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Tried it today. It got my sponge dirtier than a normal washing like they said it would. The system seems to work fine as long as you cover everything. There were only a few waterspots, probably fewer once I get used to this thing. I like the fact that I don't need a bucket to wash.
  12. M

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Has anyone tried it yet? I just picked the kit up tonight to try. They say that it leaves a spotless paint surface after a wash without hand-drying. Sorry if it has been talked about already, but I haven't been on the boards for a while.
  13. M

Buying a hitch...any tips?

That depends on how often you actually plan to tow. If only occasionally, you probably don't need it.
  14. M

What Stock rims do you guys like the best?

I have always been a fan of the "eyebrow" rims. Never had an ex with them though...
  15. M

Problem with speaker upgrade-SportTrac w/Pioneer HU

In case you didn't check already, check the fade. Otherwise i'm not sure of what else it could be.
  16. M

Cleaning wheel wells...

TAS98xlt has me convinced to use some paint.... :D
  17. M

Will this air deflector fit?

yeah, his is a 2001. IAmTodd was probably talking about the 4 door models that didn't change from 2000 to 2001. It probably wouldn't fit.
  18. M

Modernize a 93 Sport ?!? HELP!!

You can get a 1995+ front end (fenders, grille, hood) like Ricks truck http://www.explorer4x4.com/tech_transform.html There are also many, many engine upgrades you can do; all you need to do is use the search function. I'm not sure if you are talking about appearance or performance.
  19. M

Crazy mad scientist idea: LCD multi-function display instead of gauges!

Oh boy! Its certainly possible, though i'm not sure about changing things on the fly. I guess if you have the patience (and funds of course) it could happen. good luck...
  20. M

Installaton Q's

Not too many tricks, make sure you unplug the power locks first off. Unplug the power mirror control after you get the panel off. You don't necessarily need a door panel removal tool, just a putty knife to get started. You'll have to pull the doors more than you think you should to get them off...
  21. M

interior lights 99 ford explorer V8

Its most likely in the rear hatch. Try to open it and slam it down again. I believe the interior light sensor in the the lock mechanism, so you'll need some WD-40 to spray up into the lock. Good luck
  22. M

Taurus Forum?

Not sure of any, but to get you started, there are a couple of good Taurus threads here. Just try a quick search.
  23. M

Walmart Tires

If the tires are made by a big name manufacturer they should be alright. The tires are probably newer rubber because they have more product turnover than a smaller tire shop. /my $0.02
  24. M

Alignments at Sears.

look here... http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bubby827/page9.html nuff said.
Back