Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

what kind of bolts do i need to secure the handlebar onto a-pillar?

Maybe 3/8" lags? JOKING- Check the other bolts and compare, likely you need an auto store or salvage.
  2. V

Just to be sure

apologies as this might beat a dead horse but an 02, regardless of how little mile & driving style- the tranny at 70k? (Going thru test in drive gears violent throw into stop, then started up on its own-no brake pedal am i wrong, i always do it but to change gears especially if it can be...
  3. V

I'm guessing that this isn't a good sign...

2002 Explorer, 4.6 Eddie, It has been seeming as if it's skipping what I believe 2nd to 3rd...or essentially anytime you need to give it gas it has been flaky at best...(sometimes hesitant and then sometimes normal so you dumped on it for no reason). Today on a flat level surface I was able...
  4. V

Idle-Strange Issue

now why not the expedition, i love THIS truck!!! Was thinking along those lines as a possibility..Hopefully this is all since originally I was so thrown & confused...smell wise at least. -Must not burn up too many animals or whatever it was...Now wonder how much sooner todays driving style...
  5. V

Idle-Strange Issue

I decided to open it up on the highway- far from my usual type(want this 1 to last) - I noticed whenever i came to a stop waiting the few times on the way on ( stop lights,etc.), I ended up giving it some gas when it sounded as if it was going to die. Idle in drive now..unlike before. It kept...
  6. V

Idle-Strange Issue

On my 2002 4.6l, start my truck,in park almost what sounded like it was going to die out but no rpm change. This was before the brake was even applied....nothing at all, nothing to pull a current, etc. The truck showed no warning lights, had picked up right after a minute-then 2 minutes or so...
  7. V

4th gen hatch on a 3rd gen? will it fit

Any update? I need to determine this week if it will fit... Thanks!
  8. V

2006 tailgate on 2002

I need to know if these nwere gates will fit too. I just had 2 pieces of glass explode in my face, I want to upgraded design. Please help or else I am paying $1500 to have the job done right.
  9. V

Adhesive for Rear Glass Lift Brackets (Fusor 143??)

Hello, well my 2002 explorer rear glass exploded driving down the highway, surprise! Recall was done in 2006 to add new lift strut brackets and hinges (early model year 2002). But the recall was done improperly or is not effective. My mistake for not having full glass coverage. I purchased...
  10. V

4 Low light blinks over bumps

Anyone ever experience this? The system seems to be working fine 100%, but the 4 Low lights blink over bumps or stays on, when using anything - 2WD, 4Hi or 4Lo. I'll try the wiggle test first, but has this happened to anyone here yet? Thanks - Dave
  11. V

Pass Side Outer U joint replacement

Thanks DeRocha! I ended up having to yank the rotor pretty firm to get the inner bearing to slide off the spindle, just as you explained. Now the stub shaft is out and now I will work on getting the U joint pressed out... :)
  12. V

Help! I am in the process off this job but the rotor is just hanging there, not coming off. it wiggles around, but the inner bearing or something is holding it up? Should I just try real hard to yank it off, maybe with the slide hammer? Thanks - Dave
  13. V

Great, thanks for the info! I just have two more questions: The spindle has to come completely off, seperating it from the ball joints? How do I take the hub off? The parts store lists two U joints available, 1.188" or 1.063" bearing cups? Are all '93 X's one of these or do I have...
  14. V

Thanks a bunch! That is a great reference for changing the joint. In addtion though, is there a special procedure for removing the stub shaft from the truck? Do I have to break apart the ball joint, etc? Thanks as always! :us:
  15. V

Well, I bashed the TTB in pretty good, but managed to pull it out with a tow rope and a tree. Residual Damage now is the outer U join on the passenger side now has alot of play, so I want to replace it before it snaps. Is there a procedure somewhere on the board? I have searched and found...
  16. V

How to: Apply bed liner to your floor

I ripped the carpet up using this great guide and I am thinking of using some of the cans of rubberized undercoating spray on the floors. Does anyone know if that would hold up to foot traffic or wear right off?
  17. V

T/C also sticking on - common problem?

Of course this thread is going strong for other people and I see many suggestions: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149063 But I think I can narrow it down with your help with these symptoms: T/c first locked on after jumping a curb and parking (shook and stalled)...
  18. V

New truck - 4x4 Clunk

Picked up an auto hub from the JY today for $55, major difference in the teeth on the hub itself, mine were all word down and the grease in there was all thick and caked up. Now the truck drives perfectly in 4WD. Thank you for the reassurance, I have a great truck now for under $500 registered...
  19. V

New truck - 4x4 Clunk

That is perfectly OK, I appreciate the help always. That is good news, last thing I want to do is replace the case. Well, I tried the truck on soft dirt and have the exact same symptoms of the clunking and popping. I will try to pick up some JY hubs tomorrow. Its a very stiff pop and...
  20. V

New truck - 4x4 Clunk

Thanks for the help! Well, the shifting is not the problem, it goes into 4H fine, its just when in 4H it clunks or POPS badly under load. I tried it on 4L too, same problem. I had it on the lift today and we think it seems like either the auto-hub is not staying engaged and popping in and out...
  21. V

Gen 1 Ex, Dana 35 Skid Plate

Oh wow, thanks for all the great input! Until I make one up, I will be very careful driving in reverse. I like yours RockRanger, I may make it with even higher ramp to it so I don't get bending any beams and being flung into the windshield. Great advice, I will post pics when I get something...
  22. V

New truck - 4x4 Clunk

Hello all, Well, I bought the truck knowing the 4x4 was not used for a long time since the shift motor broke its little bushing a year or two back. But now that is fixed, when engaging 4x4 for the first times on a paved road, I get a firm clunk (not metallic) that travels right up from your...
  23. V

Thanks! Good call, I have not spent enough time under there looking to have figured that out. I will do some searching. Thats a good looking plate, I may just copy my design after that. I didnt realize there was any damn aluminum under there, good to know! When I pulled plug to check the...
  24. V

Man this thing is low, I worry I am going to nail a rock full speed with that pumpkin. Has anybody fabbed up a skidplate for this twin I beam setup? I found some plates online $50 for the cheap one like this: Good enough...
  25. V

buying a 92 but needs front end work

How many miles Chief? Rust?
Back