Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2006 Explorer Heat/AC fan won't shut off

Thanks for the thread... just had the same thing happen to me on Friday.
  2. K

2006 X V-8 Exhaust noise

The dealer replaced both manifold gaskets and it seems to be OK so far. Morning temp was 48* and engine was quiet on startup. Viper, had several manifold bolts break off. I was told by a mechanic friend that this is a chronic problem on the truck V-8s. Glad the dealer had to mess with it and...
  3. K

2006 X V-8 Exhaust noise

Would those be stock? Everything is stock on my truck.
  4. K

2006 X V-8 Exhaust noise

My truck sounds like a diesel on cold start. A mechanic buddy of mine listened to it Sunday and said it sounds like a cracked or loose header. Any one else have this problem? If it is, is it covered under the extended warranty?
  5. K

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just paid a dealer $400 to "fix" this problem in my '06. Total BS.
  6. K

Changing brakes on 06 X

No special tools. Just replaced mine.
  7. K

Towing a Boat with a Limited

I tow a 21' fishing cuddy. No problems here.
  8. K

2006 ltd, door ajar warning

Long story short... Hit a deer, drivers door needed repairs. Get the truck back and the "drivers door ajar" warning constantly is lit. Door is shut tight. Body shop has replaced the switch that's attached to the door latch. Worked for a couple of times, now the warning is back again...
  9. K

Adding Sirius

Based on a tip I got here I believe, I mounted my magnetic mount antenna under neath the cowling between the hood and the windshield. Works terrific. No holes in the metal. I have the DVD/Rear Entertainment deal. I had to replace the DVD cable that connects in the C post and runs through the...
  10. K

Upgraded to Navigation

The FORD NAV RADIO will play audio at the same time as navigating. No, you do not need a destination programmed for the map to operate.
  11. K

Adding Sirius

I'll stand corrected to this point... the FORD SIRIUS module connected right up to to a SIRIUS brand antenna. (Which BTW worked perfectly under the outside cowl as stated in another post.)
  12. K

Adding Sirius

From what I understand, all of the Sirius units use the same antenna connector. So, you can re-use your existing antenna, but the module will not work with aftermarket head units.
  13. K

Upgraded to Navigation

Try: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179253&page=2
  14. K

Upgraded to Navigation

See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...=179253&page=2 Look at post 27. The harness depends on your options.
  15. K

Wire Diagram / Details for stock radio 04 Explorer

I would confirm that with a volt meter or 12volt test lamp just to be sure.
  16. K

Wire Diagram / Details for stock radio 04 Explorer

Blk/Pnk is hot when you turn the key on. Gry/Yel is hot when you turn the key to start. Blk/Pnk is what you want.
  17. K

Upgraded to Navigation

I got my Ford SIRIUS module working today on my Nav system with rear DVD entertainment system. WOOT! Had to replace the DVD jumper harness. $37.00 from Ford.
  18. K

Adding Sirius

Thanks GH for the post on the Ford TSB. Got the correct cable from Ford for $37.00 and everything works perfect now.
  19. K

2008 Sirius question

No it's not built in the radio, it's a separate module that's only compatible with Ford radios.
  20. K

DVD removal and cable replacement

2006 LTD with factory DVD Have to replace the DVD jumper harness so my SIRIUS module will work. Harness connects at the C-post and goes up into the head liner to the DVD console. Any source where I can fine R&R instructions. I don't want to mess things up or set off an air bag. :eek:
  21. K

Upgraded to Navigation

Does ANYONE know how or if you can disable that silly "Agree/disagree" screen that appears EVERYTIME you restart the car on the MAP??
  22. K

Another Navigation Sirius add-on ??

Not much activity here i guess. Oh well. :(
  23. K

Harsh downshift to first gear ( 4x4 V8 )

Just had the same thing done today. The PCM threw a code. They replaced the valve assembly N/C. Transmission downshifts fine now.
  24. K

Another Navigation Sirius add-on ??

2006 Navigation Radio with rear factory DVD setup and want to add the Ford Sirius module. I've read most of the threads and replies and still am a bit confused about the cable. Is there a cable installed already with the connector behind the kick panel or do I need to buy one and run it up to...
Back