Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Many Dealers are open on Sunday, some states just have laws that prohibit them being open.
  2. J

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

They were added 2 order guide revisions ago. (Middle of May if I remember) The dealer should be able to log into the order system and add them to your order if so desired. They are Std. on the Platinum.
  3. J

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

LED fogs are optional on all XLT, Limited, Sport -- they are option 21K they are not included in any package. $150 MSRP.
  4. J

Sync 3

Some Ford and Lincoln nameplates will get Sync 3 for the 2016 model year while others will wait until the next model year. 2016: Ford C-Max, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Fiesta, Flex, Mustang, Transit; Lincoln MKC, MKS, MKT, Navigator 2017: Ford Explorer, Fusion, Transit Connect; Lincoln MKX, MKZ...
  5. J

Very close to buying 15/16 sport, few X-plan questions

Sometimes there are additional incentives with X-Plan as well. X-plan makes the process much easier as well, walk in and the price is printed on the bottom of the invoice; you know exactly what you will pay. Multiply that by your states sales tax rate, minus any cash incentives, add your states...
  6. J

Very close to buying 15/16 sport, few X-plan questions

$46,216 is the X-plan Price with destination for a 401A in White, add $1410 for the moonroof. The 2016 Sport has push button start.
  7. J

Sync 3

http://www.ibtimes.com/ces-2015-ford-sync-3-first-look-big-improvement-over-myford-touch-video-1776818 - "Buying a new Ford is the only way consumers can get their hands on SYNC 3 -- the automaker says older vehicles can't be upgraded." http://www.cnet.com/news/ford-sync-3-announced/ Indeed...
  8. J

Sync 3

I think maybe he got confused about the MFT Sync Version, that is currently 3.6.xx Ford has been pretty clear that the systems will NOT be upgradeable to the new Sync 3. If there is demand maybe they will come up with a dealer installed version, I think if they could do it for under $500...
  9. J

2015 Sport & Side mirrors

Not that it is going to help you but those things you mentioned are all on the 2016, mirrors even can be set to auto fold
  10. J

Ordering Soon, but Engine MPG?

Power numbers are out for the new engine - The 2.3L will probably be even with the V6 and may even feel more peppy it has almost 50more ft/lb of torque at 1,000rpm lower, and its peak hp is also at a 1,000rpm less. 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 6-speed SelectShift® Automatic 290HP @ 6,500 255ft/lb @...
  11. J

Ford Explorer 2016 LS

No Explorer after 2010 has had a LSD.
  12. J

2016 Platinum Late Production?

The current order guide that was released Friday still shows late availability for Platinum trims. Even if Platinums are available at job 1 ordered units are not scheduled into production until after the okay to ship has been given after the batch and hold. You're probably looking at Late...
  13. J

Man I am lovin' my new '15 Limited! I gained a buck and a brand new truck!

Wow... he was happy about his purchase. He's the one that needs to live with it not any of you. I find people that think they know best how someone else should spend their money are the ones most unhappy with the choices they make when they spend their own. The deal was what worked best for him...
  14. J

2016 Explorer Order Guide

You're correct, when your dollar was at par or a worth a bit more, Canadians were coming to the States to buy cars including my friend who thought it was much harder. I was crossing the boarder and when I said I was coming over to help my friend buy a car the Canadian boarder patrol agent was...
  15. J

2016 Explorer Order Guide

Depends on what the Exchange rate was/is - that $61,400 CND is about $48,700USD With the current exchange rate. A year ago it would have been about $57,000USD, also remember there is a high HST in Canada.
  16. J

Sync v4.4

Delete the Sync Profile in your iPhone and Delete it from the Sync System. Then repair the iPhone with Sync, enable notifications on the iPhone in the new Sync profile and it should work.
  17. J

Man I am lovin' my new '15 Limited! I gained a buck and a brand new truck!

If you get a low interest rate over those 6 years you do much better with a long term loan, a dollar has lower value in 6 years. If you had a $400 car payment that you got in 2009, adjusting for inflation today that $400 payment is actually costing you $366. I really can never understand...
  18. J

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Just a quick look online and that is about $1000/$1200 over what you can get it online for.
  19. J

Class III tow package

The tow package is not available with the 2.0l ecoboost engine. It will be available on the 2016 with the new 2.3l ecoboost. Also the cutoff date for ordering or changing an existing 2015 order is long past. You'll have to order a 2016.
  20. J

100% autostop with 302A / adaptive cruise ?

Ford has no systems that are sold in the North American Market that can automatically brake the car and mitigate a crash. They have been available in overseas markets for sometime. The 2016 MKX is the first vehicle that will have that capability sold in NA, but Ford has been silent as to what...
  21. J

Any Significant Change between '15 and '16 XLT (other than MFT)

http://www.fleet.ford.com/ Heated Wheel is a stand alone option with late Availability on 202A and 400A, cold weather was added on the 3/1/2015 Order guide. You can also get BLIS/Inflatable Belts and auto dimming driver-side outside mirror on a 201A. Basically 201A and 202A differences is...
  22. J

They added a Cold Weather Package to 201A, Heated Front Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, and Front Park Assist. This was added on the latest Order Guide. The heated Steering wheel is a stand alone option on 202A.
  23. J

How do we know? Ford hasn't ofically said which vehicles and when will be getting the update. They haven't even started producing 2016, Job 1 isn't for another 6 weeks and we don't know what job 2 charges will bring. They may have an announcement this week at the NYIAS.
  24. J

We don't know when sync3 shows up for the Explorer. As for the Fusion I would say that is probably my2017 to go with the facelift.
  25. J

They also added the Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Cloth Seats to the XLT.
Back