Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2006 Eb V8

As said - check for the other thread on replacing your plugs - $1,000 is ridiculous - buy a Lisle plug remover and do it yourself. IF the plugs break off - you use that tool to remove the broken part. Don't fall for that dealer crap.
  2. T

06-07 V8 Spark Plug Issue - Change Them Early?

Just did mine I just replaced the plugs in my '07 EB with 90,000 miles with original plugs. Thanks to this forum, I also purchased the Lisle tool in addition to 8 new plugs before I even tried to replace the plugs. Darn good thing I did, as 3 of the 8 broke off. I WAS surprised at how much of...
  3. T

Battery boost question, help needed

Imp: You are incorrect - I have made the assumption that the battery cables in the car he is trying to start are STILL attached. By jumping form battery to battery - he is utilizing the "good" battery to supplement the low voltage from his "dead" battery. It would be no different than if he had...
  4. T

Battery boost question, help needed

Just go - Battery to battery I don't know about any "charging post" on the engine either ?? To jump start it - just go with the cables attached to each BATTERY -- red cable to + terminal on both batteries and black cable to each - terminal on each battery - should just spark a little when you...
  5. T

Major Suspension Help!

My suggestion - Look VERY carefully at the springs - I had one that was hard to see as it broken on the top and "fell" inside the rest of the spring :mad:
  6. T

Mpg??

I have an '07 EB with the 4.6 V8 (and all the bells and whistles) and I get 17-19 consistently. OR -- for comparison - my '02 EB has the 4.0 V6 and it averages about 1 mpg. better .
  7. T

Buying an 02 Eddie Bauer (need advice)

Did some little old grey-haired lady own it and only drove it to church on Sundays?? That's pretty low mileage and I can't believe it would be hurt much ?? It's not 4WD so you shouldn't have the typical problems associated with that. Could be a darn good deal if the price is right.
  8. T

2007 Mercury Mountaineer deployable power running boards

Just have to ad: Viper- GREAT job on the pix and explanation.
  9. T

Im stumped, terrible gas mileage

Slade - What rpm's are you showing when you're out on the highway at around 55-60 mph? That gas mileage is way off for the 4.0. I have an '02 EB and I get at least 16-17 even in the Winter!!
  10. T

235/65R18 Cooper CS4's or BFG Long Trail

d.bright - I'm running the CS4's -- As I posted - do some tire reviews/independent research on'em. Check out their ratings - definitely suitable for our Exploders.
  11. T

Automatic climate control

Blower motor mj: I'm guessing it is NOT a fuse, but rather your "Blower motor controller" - I have an '07 EB with the automatic heater/AC controls. I could not adjust the blower speed at all - it would be on high all the time. Even pushing the "off" button did not do anything. There is a good...
  12. T

235/65R18 Cooper CS4's or BFG Long Trail

I agree -- after MUCH research and comparisons - I went with the Coopers on my '07 EB - Just a little over 10,000 mi. on them, but they are great tires.
  13. T

Varying tire tread depths will damage drive terrain

I agree ---- TOTAL BS -- Rhino - excellent post :)
  14. T

Code P0446 on '06

Hey Robert - Yes, I have the same problem - 2007 Explorer EB with the V8 and 57,000 miles. Tried the gas cap replacement - no change. I have attempted to try and find the canister and vent valve also. I believe it is above either the spare tire OR gas tank. I have asked for help on locating it...
  15. T

wont shift out of park

wpa: Check/read your manual - you probably have blown the fuse - also, if yours is like my '02 - you CAN "bypass" the interlock by using a straight blade screwdriver inserted into a little slot underneath the steering wheel column -- as I said - read your manual - it's in there. I darn near...
  16. T

Best tires?

No more Michelin's for me :( After only 50,000 miles - mine were shot ! Do some independent research on consumer feedback on tires to check on mileage, quietness, etc. I went with Cooper this time. :)
  17. T

Check engine light just came on

More than likely, it is related to your emission control system (probably EGR valve), BUT, as stated, you should have it checked out. Just needing an oil change will not throw a code.
  18. T

Nav. system repair

Thanks for that link/info. Bill--- Hey Bandido - Is your problem the same as mine ???
  19. T

Is This An Apple Fools Joke

:p::p::p::p::p::p::thumbdwn: Hope you guys have pizza "automatic fix" all set up :rolleyes: Apparently "t h e " = pizza
  20. T

Is This An Apple Fools Joke

:p::p::p::p::p::p::thumbdwn: Hope you guys have the "automatic fix" all set up :rolleyes:
  21. T

4x4 does not work

OK - What happened here ????????? Everybody's talking about pizza ??? Mods - What's up with that ?
  22. T

Gas cap light/p0456/p0455

Chris: Good - and interesting post. Mine is "somewhat" similar (and not yet resolved). '07 EB with the 4.6 V8. CEL came on first - I have a code reader - code was 0446 -- cleared code since it was middle of Winter. Then, all of a sudden, the "gas cap loose" showed up. Thinking - HMM - maybe...
  23. T

4x4 does not work

Here's another P.O.'d 2002 Ford Explorer owner who has gone through the battery replacement/NO 4 wheel drive situation. I suppose I shouldn't complain about the original battery lasting 8 years, but I SURE will complain about when I went to replace the battery - it fried the 4x4 control module...
  24. T

Nav. system repair recommendations?

Looks like I need to send in my '07 EB factory Nav./radio/6 disc player for repair - pretty sure it's a Pioneer unit. Can anyone recommend someone to send it to? The Nav. system keeps displaying the ole' "incompatible disc" msg. and I upgraded from the 4P Ford disc to the 8P Ford disc. Any help...
Back