Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

front end 4x4 noise...

Ding Ding Ding.... Front Drive shaft it is.... Had a buddy do it and cost $200 with all parts. Plus beer.
  2. V

front end 4x4 noise...

Thank you. Will start there tonight.
  3. V

front end 4x4 noise...

Need help... anyone ?? Bueler,,, Bueler?
  4. V

front end 4x4 noise...

I have a 1997 ford explorer 4.0 sohc with 150,000 miles. Lately it sound like the solenoid that connects the 4x4 is not fully dis engaged or cannot fully engage. I get a clicking (2-4 times per tire rotation) when driving. If I were to engage the 4x4 switch it will get louder and sound...
  5. V

where does the tem control go.../

I have what seems to be a "disconnected". Does not matter if I put it to hot or cold same "semi cold" setting stays. Anyway I want to follow it from the dash to where it ends to see if I can find out if it can be fixed... I have 1997 xlt 4x4 SOHC
  6. V

Drivers side rear door stuck locked...

All latches move with full range with regular pressure but fail to engage the lock. The lock has no movement at all. I would guess that the lock system has failed to the point of being seized. It looks like I will have to take the door panel off to get to what I need to.
  7. V

I had a pair of pliers and could not disengage the lock. Not sure If I was pulling on the correct parts either. I was in a hurry so just put it back together and left it for another time. The lock pin is stuck in lock. I ripped it off the threads with my hands after a good pulling. I can...
  8. V

I am going to have to take off the door panel from the inside. I can get a arm in there but cannot unlock it. Love this car but hate this kind of stuff.. Any other options?
  9. V

My driver side rear door will not unlock. I tried to open it or unlock it but nothing has worked. I was going to take it off the hinges but thought the door would not come off the locking clip or the part that unlatches the closed door. So how would you get the door open or off so I can...
  10. V

AC issues... Need to by pass pressure sensor to get ac to work.

I have to use a paper clip to get my A/C to work. The compressor will not work unless I use a way to bypass the pressure sensor. As soon as I bypass the compressor kicks on and the AC blows cold. One.. Can I replace the sensor cheap or... two can I just keep the bypass in so The AC will...
  11. V

break line breaking..

OK my kids, four of them, and I are in the 97 Explorer xlt and then my son will not put on his seat belt. So it is time for a seat belt check. What is a seat belt check?? well when you hit the breaks hard to see who hit the seat in front of them.... Just left the drive way and did the seat...
  12. V

Exhaust 97 sohc xlt

what should a exhaust cost from "headers" back? What is the best muffler for the 97 explorer? Anything after market that is quite and worth putting on with 115k miles.
  13. V

fog lights

I should get a lot more than that...:thumbsup:
  14. V

fog lights

I found it... :confused: I had a small craft hanging from the rear wiper knob that my kid did and forgot about it. then My son said how do you put on those small lights up front and I could not remember for the life of me... Thanks for your reply.
  15. V

fog lights

Ok... My son hung a little "Good Luck" art project on the rear wiper switch and I forgot it was underneath the "Good Luck"... :confused: Thank you for this.... Holidays were tough....
  16. V

fog lights

Ok I can not figure out how to turn on my fog lights. My 97 sport 4x4 xlt had a switch on the turn signal I have a 97 XLT now and Just realized that the fog lights are not working with the lights and also noticed that the switch on the turn signal is not there. I can't figure out how to...
  17. V

How many miles??

112000 miles and new problems but blower resister, shocks, serpentine belt. Really that is all and runs and shifts great. Longest I go is 5,000 miles between oil changes and started synthetic blend this year. Oh yeah it is a 1997 xlt 4x4
  18. V

How to: 3rd row seating in a 1st & 2nd gen Explorer

They sell new seats that match the 2nd gen explorer for 350 to 1100 depending on seatbelt (lap vs shoulder) and leather or cloth. 350 is a generic from JC Whitney.
  19. V

Just some thanks..

I had a blower resister issue and had you guys at this fourm tell me what was wrong and where and how to fix it. I just wanted to say thanks. Finally got around to fixing it this weekend. Works great and my hand is still cramped from working in the tightest spot on the truck... Anyway...
  20. V

Hello to all - 97 xlt location of fan relay?

when fan is on for first couple of settings no fan speed. Once you get to the highest setting the fan clicks on high. runs same high speed as before. It is almost like the signal does not reach the fan till high speed setting is dialed in. So the fan is really like on and off. low-next-and...
  21. V

Anyone know how to check which part may be failing?
  22. V

Ok I have a problem with this one... Went to get the part from the auto store and he said that it was not the relay. It must be the blower dial switch on the dash. That is the only thing that would do this. The problem is that no speed setting and full on is the only fan blower speed I have...
  23. V

What is going to fail??

Thank you Bubba. Sounds good compared to my Bronco II I owned. At least nothing that expensive...
  24. V

What is going to fail??

I have a 97 XLT with 111,000 miles on it. What is the common things that go wrong with a Explorer at this age and what are the weak points? It runs great and still strong. Replaced shocks, belt, and that is about it. Seems like a great truck and I would like to drive it in to the ground, but...
  25. V

So looking from the front bumper it is on the far left at 4 o'clock on the blower housing. I am looking for a wire harness that enter the firewall at 4 oclock?
Back