Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2001 ford explorer sport trac starting problems

for a short answer everything could be wrong. it does sounds like you have a short some where in your electronics. did you check your fuses to see if you blow any? I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I am not a professional by any mean ,but I would buy the Hanes manual and spend a...
  2. B

For Sale 5 x BFG All-Terrain 33"x10.5" R15 mounted on black rock crawler wheels

tires your profile says you are located in Cumberland, RI is that still your location? tom
  3. B

how bad have you been ??

I got tailgating and careless driving in the same stop. I also got pull over by a foot cop in nyc for seat belt and cell phone
  4. B

balance shaft

depends on if your truck has 4 wheel drive and if it is explorer or ranger. If I remember correctly 2wde explorer , rangers and 4wd 4.0 ranger don't have one. where 4wd explorer do. the reading I did about 2 years ago extra weight from the explorer transfer case require the balance shaft...
  5. B

lug bolt replacement

do you mean the wheel hub studs?
  6. B

2001 explorer sport Trac wont Start and change battery, starter, and relays

update and it 12.34 to the terminal on the fuses box. i hear click in the cab but not under the hood from the relay or starter.
  7. B

2001 explorer sport Trac wont Start and change battery, starter, and relays

hey guys, I need some ideas because I am all out of them. let me give you the low down on my truck. I just swap a 4.0 v6 2003 ranger motor into my truck. when I was replacing my battery because it was bad i accidentally put the terminal on back on wrong way. spark shot off and i heard click...
  8. B

sport trac 01 v6 to v8 insurancea?

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone know the approximate insurance increase when doing v6 to v8 5.0 motor swap thanks tom
  9. B

Rough Idle/poor power

I am no expert but did you check you ground wire or fuses sounds like electrical to me
  10. B

Heads or motor swap

hey guys, I recently got water in my motor ,Sport Trac 2001,from a small lake in the middle of road. I took out plugs, change oil, turn over the motor water came out of spark plugs holes.I too off intake manifold and it looks like milk shake in there. from what i gathered Its either head gasket...
  11. B

custom blitz body kit on sport trac

hey guys, I want a aftermarket bumper for my sport trac I could find one so I decided to make a custom one. I had old blitz civic bumper I decided to use. I was taking pictures of my progression but I lost my camera. step 1 I cut apart original step 2 cute a little part of my steel...
  12. B

5.0 swap part list and tip sporttrac

Hey guy, I have been researching power gain for my Sport Trac for the last couple of months. I was going to super charge but recent transmission and motor problem lead me to a swap instead. Here the details I found mountaineer 2001 v8 4wd for my donor car with only 56,000 miles. Parts I need...
  13. B

Engines indling really rough

hey guy, my Sport trac 01 is idleing really hard, it just got proessively worst over the last couple of days. I hit the gas the truck just bog down until 3000 rpm then it the the truck start to vibrate hard. my truck has 94,000 miles on it.check engine came and some time even flashes, havent...
  14. B

need help starts then stall out

it just kind of randomly happen like it work fine then just just started stalling. wouldnt build up in the tb be notice over time? tom
  15. B

need help starts then stall out

hey guys, I always on the forum for my truck and I know everybody on this site is pretty car smart. here I Go My girl friend Camry starts and just stalls. If rev it up it wont stall until I take my foot off the gas. works fine one minute then just stop working the next. hey guys thanks...
  16. B

explorer sport trac super charger

hey yea but I might not use him since he is extremely busy I might just make one out of abs, I dont believe I am TAKING THE motor out! I dont care about the rods that much by next summer project is a 4.6 or 5.0 v8 I am trying to be cheap olny the vital to get the project up and working...
  17. B

Thanks man for you help make life a lot easier then reading for 8 hours to get the same answer. Are the fuel injector universal like can I use mustang /other ford trucks injectors? Ill let you know about the MAF definitely interested just not that far into the project custom manifold is...
  18. B

update update I got a m112 off gt 500 2007 for 300 dollars the madness starts mock up the fit for custom intake manifold and it look sweet pics soon! since this project is low budget. I am trying to figure out bare minimum I need to do right now and then add on in the up coming months, without...
  19. B

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

but is scan gauge just a meter or you can adjust things with it! I have a latop so I dont need a unit persay maybe software and a cable! not trying to take thread away from the topic pm me with any items that would work!!! 0 yea red top optima 100.00 bucks at advance auto cant beat that
  20. B

josh is the man josh, wow what a read, a little long only 156 pages with pictures, jumpy at time but really good read over all. :us: does any one know a good and cheap (I know they don't go hand and hand but) obII scanner so I can monitor my truck vitals with these projects coming up!! other...
  21. B

hey al, jakee, josh (and the other who are giving added value to this thread) if people are not hating your not working hard enough!!!! people if your not up to date on the thread all of the 20 something pages read them before you ask a question or make a comment becuase 1/2 question and...
  22. B

josh want to pm me the plans for the 17.95 in parts from Radio Shack controler:) Poor college student needs to save every pennies becuase these gas prices
  23. B

hey josh, did you make the acrylic plexiglass tank or bought one if so where??
  24. B

al you live in fl it is kind of hot down that could be the reason for the lost of ur electrolyte
  25. B

quick Question why is a pwm so important I think i understand what they do, I just might be over looking the importance.
Back