Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

New owner of a 2003 Explorer Sport XLT

Well she had a great life. Sills had completely rusted out. Lots of hidden rust though she still looked pretty good unless you crawled under. Head gaskets blew as I was driving down the street so I turned around and parted it. Needed lots of rust and metal repair, head gaskets, full brakes...
  2. A

Security Keyless Keypad Code Location 2003 Explorer Sport XLT

Realized photos were on ImageShack which has gone Paid Access only. Was able to get photos and host them up at Flickr and redirect links. Hopefully that continues to run smoothly.
  3. A

This is for the 2003 Sport which yes is the 2-door. It is not the Trac. Photos are displaying fine for me...
  4. A

Really old email listed here now updated to get replies... Glad its still helping people! *** NOTICE: This is ONLY for the Explorer Sport and is NOT for the Sport TRAC *** Also.. I still have the Sport though its starting to show its ago. :(
  5. A

Rear lift window strut brackets

Yeah I was a bit put off they said gave the BS excuse but oh well. I still have the plastic on and window sitting in my home office as it hasn't moved from the driveway. Too much fun driving the 72 Ambassador around for the last few weeks. :) Need to get it done soon while we still have some...
  6. A

Busy week so got around to calling the local Ford dealership.. Willis Ford of Smyrna, DE who looked up my VIN which showed no recalls. I supplied them with the FORD Recall number, 04S20, and was told that it was only for vehicles from certain plants and mine wasn't one. So.. Now I'm back to...
  7. A

I'll call the dealership on Mon/Tue and see if they will fix it per the recall. If not I'll install the glass with the new hinges. Since no one here seems to know whats used by the dealer or glass shops to secure the brackets to the glass I'll simply pop in an Auto Glass shop and ask later this...
  8. A

I had the rear window explode a few years ago while it was parked out in the woods while winter camping at -35. I had hiked back to the truck from the campsite for something, hit the key fob button to unlock it and the rear glass exploded. BTW.. if you haven't heard car glass break like this on...
  9. A

Uniroyal Tire Goes Boom

I installed a full set of 4 Michelin LTX M/S2 on our 03 Sport last month. Michelin had/has a $70 mail-in rebate going on and I received my $70 rewards card last week. Back in Oct 2007 I put a set of 4 Michelin LTX M/S tires on at 75,000 miles. When I replaced those last month mileage was roughly...
  10. A

Thanks but I've already got the hinges and I do my own powder coating. Just need to know how to remove the brackets and what to use to glue them back on.
  11. A

Hello folks, Just got back from a vacation up in Canada with the family. The wife was opening the rear lift window and as it fully opened both hinges broke! Luckily she still had her hand on it was able to catch it before it came down on her head. Unfortunately when it came down one of the...
  12. A

A/C Replacement Process

Harbor Freight sells the 2.5 CFM Vacuum Pump (Item 98076) and A/C Manifold Gauge Set (Item 92649) if you wish to do it all yourself. Both go on decent sales from time to time and add on a 20-25% coupon and you're good.
  13. A

Need help Exploder died while driving

Have you checked the Inertia switch? Its located behind the passenger side kick panel though I'm able to reach up and over the panel without removal. Simply press down on the round red button on its top to reset it if its popped. Its designed to pop if in an accident but a hard hitting pothole...
  14. A

Brake setup

I'm looking for a good replacement set of brakes for my 03 Sport front and rear. Seems I wind up replacing the crap from AutoZone and Advanced Auto every other year and I'm simply tired of it. Last spring I put on new front pads and rotors and they need replacing already. The rears I replaced 2...
  15. A

P0443 error code / fuel pipe flap...

I've noticed the Check Engine light a few times over the last year come on and off. I've looked up the code and what it means however wanted to toss this out also... Wife came home last year a month or so before I had this issue. She said she stopped for gas and when finished she noticed the...
  16. A

No problem. Glad it's helping people. :D
  17. A

Sourcing new Rocker Panels

Update: Well I didn't have time to wait on ford or LMC shipping. Bought 24"x48" 20G & 6"x8' 18G sheet for less then $20.00 with most left over. Bought a 30" bender for dad and $12.00 for a 1lb roll of Flux Core wire. We have argon gas for MIG but he bottle was being lent out unfortunately. Used...
  18. A

Called LMC Trucks and was told shipping to Canada would be almost 2 weeks. Also have no 03 Rockers. They do have 50-9808 for a 2door 95-00 or 50-9812 4door slip on 95-01 but that's it. Finding a donor car up here without rust.. Lol it's easier to find a needle in a haystack! Any more Canadian...
  19. A

Up visiting family in NS Canada and crawled under the EX to investigate a drivers loose running board. Found a rusted out drivers rocker panel... of course. :( Local Ford dealer wants 250.00 to order one in. Called a few local parts stores and they tell me it's a dealer order item only...
  20. A

High-Density Seat Foam

Anyone tell me where I can get some replacement seat foam for the front seats. Passenger side isn't to bad but drivers seat foam just isn't what it used to be but figureid like to replace both. I've redone seats and upholstery before but on older cars. Can't find any source for the 2003...
  21. A

Stock roof rack 03

I've started a small project and while I can load up the rear with lumber, 4x8 sheets unfortunately do not fit inside. Only need 3 sheets of 3/4" MDF and wanted to ask if it would be OK to load them up on the roof racks or not? I think I remember hearing that the stock racks could only hold...
  22. A

New owner of a 2003 Explorer Sport XLT

4 1/2 year update... Well we're still going strong after 4 1/2 years and 60,000 additional miles, almost 130k now. I did add a new set Michelin LTX M/S tires, rear breaks, bug shield, window vents & a class 3 towing setup shortly after buying it and are all still in great shape. I even...
  23. A

Glad to hear this has helped a few people. I don't frequent these forums often.. usually a quick Search, find what I need then gone. This site does rock in regards to the wealth of information on the Explorers.
  24. A

Rust, and how to keep it to a minimum

Actually POR-15 doesn't convert anything though there are many rust converters on the market. POR-15 encapsulates the rusted areas. If water and air cant get to the metal it will not, or continue to rust. There is a big difference between encapsulating and converting. That said POR-15 is a...
Back