Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Taillight going bonkers (strobe effect)

Just thought of something. I replaced my back up builds with led bulbs. I don't think that would have any impact on the brake lights as it's a diffrent circuit and also the passanger side is working fine. I probably should swap back to regular bulbs prior to going to the dealer anyway.
  2. M

Interesting. Looks like it is time to make an appointment with the dealer and go down there. Thanks guys.
  3. M

Hey guys... Haven't posted here sincr my order and delivery of a 2014 Explorer Limited back in late 2013. However have trolled and kept up on different threads. So now I need your help or advice before heading to the Ford dealership. Have my very first issues with the Explorer. Not sure...
  4. M

Sharkfin Antenna & Remote Start

I removed the factory antennea the moment I drove my 14 into the garage. Yes, the sharkfin works great and looks better then the ugly stock antennea.
  5. M

shark fin

Guys just to let you know the shark fins are not specific to the Explorer. I bought a white platinum shark fin from my buddy that had it on his Fusion and was trading it in. He took it off and gave it to me. I took delivery of my Explorer Monday night and it was installed Tuesday morning...
  6. M

'14 Explorer - Paint Defect. Is it covered?

Thanks Ashley. Will do. I'll give the dealer sometime, the service manager seemed very nice and helpful and said I should hear something back by mid week. We'll see where it goes from there.
  7. M

It was installed yesterday by my tint guy and noticed the blem today! Oh well, it's only a door edge. I've had 5 cars already done by him so I'm sure it won't be much to just redo the edge of the door.
  8. M

depends on my moonshine intake. Guess we might be drinking a lot this weekend. LOL Well it's not necessarily white, guess it's in the white family, but it's white platinum. So it has that iridescent or tint clear coat that goes on top of the base. That is what I'm worried about...
  9. M

Just went to my Ford dealer where I bought it at and the Service Manager took photo's of the defect to send to Ford for approval. He stated the entire door would have to be repainted and that area obviously sanded down. My concern is it being a paint match. I'm assuming since the paint is...
  10. M

I took delivery of my '14 Limited this Monday (ordered 9/6/13) and have no idea how in the world I missed this. It looks like something got into the paint on the drivers side rear door bottom and then painted over and cleared. Will this be something that's covered by Ford to get fix or am I...
  11. M

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Also where did you get the black ford badges?
  12. M

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Have you guys just thought about ordering premixed paint in a spray can such as from paint scratch.com I have done that before on several projects on my mustangs and other trucks. I also have just picked up a '14 Explorer Limited and with just 50 miles on the odometer the chrome handles are...
  13. M

Power Liftgate & Remote Start

I dunno.. My buddy has an Explorer and Edge XLT trims and added the remote start during purchase and has two key fobs. I think the difference maybe the power lift gate feature. I was told with the power lift gate, you get two key fobs if you do remote start. Don't know if that's the case or...
  14. M

Private Cash Offer

Yup this works. Also even if the private cash coupon expires after you are supposed to take delivery of your Explorer, the dealer should be able to lock it in. I know that's what my dealer did with the incentive and the private cash coupon.
  15. M

Wheel Spacers

That is by far the most gorgeous Explorer I have seen. Very nice!
  16. M

It's here! My '14 Limited just arrived!

Thanks Ashley and Crystal! Well we took our delivery today! The Explorer looked great all shined up and detailed! You have to admit, the new car smell is great and seeing only 3 miles on the odometer is even better! Here are some quick pics from today. Sitting right at...
  17. M

Power Liftgate & Remote Start

Just went thru this and hence my decision to bump up to a Limited with the 301A package. On the XLT you can get the power liftgate from the factory. The remote start is not an option but sold as a ford accessory dealer installed item on the XLT's. You will get a second key fob just for the...
  18. M

Thank you. Can't wait to get her all cleaned up and detailed to my standards and snap a picture or two. :-)
  19. M

Yes. The plant is on Torrence Ave on the south side of the Chicago metro area. I am in the western suburbs so yes I guess being in the same area def helped with delivery time. Still a nice surprise as we were expecting it next Tuesday and it showed up today! It literally got on the transporter...
  20. M

Ordered on 9/16, built 10/15 and delivered on 10/18. I just missed it coming off the truck and both I and the dealership were not expecting it till early next week. '14 Limited 2wd, package 301A and Bliss (67B), white platinum Unfortunately I just got to spend 10 minutes with it. It...
  21. M

Sport damaged damaged in transit, need to build another one!

You can do a plant tour of the Chicago plant?
  22. M

2014 Limited Ordered - Incentive Questions?

Dabro55 - I was told that when the VIN to my Explorer is issued, it gets called in by my salesperson to somewhere in Ford to lock in the current rebates for that VIN number and pending purchase. ZRJ20... correct me if I'm wrong on this but this is how it was explained to me.
  23. M

Got that handy already but you can only use that at time of delivery. My coupon expires 10/26, not sure if my delivery will be before that date. I'm thinking of ordering another brochure in about 3 weeks, to get a refreshed coupon.
  24. M

'14 Limited - ordered 9/13

I thought that too and three dealers in the area said it's been taking about 5 weeks for delivery. Guess it helps that I'm in the burbs of Chicago and they are built at the Ford plant on Torrence Ave in Chicago by the Indiana/Illinois border. There's no rail transport, form my understanding...
  25. M

I'm in the same boat. Just ordered a 14 Limited and was told the $2000 rebate I'll be honored even though delivery will be sometime in October. I was told by three dealers this wont be an issue and the final purchasing dealer tonight said the same. My deal file has the phrase "$2000 rebate...
Back