Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Possible Upgrades on my 3rd Gen

My X just died on me so I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine and was thinking of of doing some upgrades on it. I'm definitely going to buy a Volant intake for it but I wanted to know should I buy an 90mm MAF or a BBK 70mm TB? I can buy both right now for about 80 bucks each but just...
  2. D

2003 Explorer dying a slow death

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately my X officially bit the dust a couple of days ago. Somehow my block cracked, luckily I found someone who is putting in a fresh donor engine relatively cheap. Maybe that darn gremlin in the door will get fixed in the overhaul.
  3. D

2003 Explorer dying a slow death

Recently my X has been in the shop a lot and more problems appear to be coming up. My water pump and thermostat housing just sprung a leak on me which it's in the shop for right now and I just noticed a couple new electrical problems. -Battery drain somewhere (kinda fixed with an Optima Yellow...
  4. D

1999 Ford Explorer - No Reverse??? PLZ help

My explorer has the exact problem you described above. Just happened yesterday and I was wondering how much would this cost? I've been trying to get a good quote but the mechanics in my area are far from trustworthy
  5. D

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

my '03 has little over 140k and it probably has another year left to go :(
  6. D

My X on 265/75/16 BFG's

big thanks people, i should get my tires this weekend. they're gonna look so good!!:D
  7. D

My X on 265/75/16 BFG's

i just bought a 2003 explorer and i was looking at some new tires. im think of getting some P265/70R16 Goodyear Wrangler AT and i wanted to know how much do these sized tires rub ,if any. any help would be great
Back