Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

A/C only works in defrost and floor

JWright4, Yes, I did my own "modified fix" to the broken lever problem. I assume the modified fix you are referring to is the one posted by Charlieb on 10-5-07 where he writes: I repaired mine by removing the glove box to gain easy access. I then drilled a 1/8" hole in what was left of...
  2. M

No Heat/Defrost in 2002 Explorer XLT ???

Panel/Defrost Door Lever Broken Where it Attaches to Vacumm Motor Diatronic, After viewing your video it seems that we have a difference problem, but, the same piece is broken. Mine is broken at the very end where it attaches to the metal shaft of the vacuum motor. It appears yours is...
  3. M

diatonic, I cannot post the picture here because I am not an Elite Member. If you email me at montate32@msn.com I can send you the pic. By the way, here is how one person fixed this problem: charlieb Wannabe Elite Explorer dothan, al 2002 xls Join Date: Aug 2007 I repaired...
  4. M

A/C only works in defrost and floor

Panel/Defrost Door Lever Broken Where it Attaches to Vacumm Motor Good idea CharlieB. I was considering doing the same and wondered if it would work. Now I know it will. Do you happen to have pictures of the fix you could post or send to montate32@msn.com? FYI, dealer wanted to charge...
  5. M

Panel/Defrost Door Lever Broken Where it Attaches to Vacumm Motor I found the problem and more on that below. I don't know how I will fix it yet. I took pictures, but, I am not an elite member, so, I can't post. email me at montate32@msn.com if you want me to send a pic. There is a lever...
  6. M

Little Defrost/Floor Air Thanks Squilax. I'll check 'er out. Monte
  7. M

2002 Explorer - HVAC MOSTLY DASH VENTS ONLY I have a the same or simlar problem. Have a 2002 Explorer XLT (69,000 mi. – 6 yrs & 5 mos. In service) with manual climate control. It seems that regardless of whether the AC is one on or off, regardless of the temperature setting, regardless of...
Back