Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Flasher Issue Help!

These instructions are great, but it can be done pretty easily with just removing the lower dash trim. I just replaced mine in about 5 minutes. See details here.
  2. D

How to get to Flasher Relay? How to Remove Interior Fuse box?

I removed the panel below the steering wheel and could see the fuse box. Then I reached up and felt where relay 1 was located. Based on the pic in the owners manual, I pried the bad one out with a small flathead, making sure to be able to see the correct orientation when I removed it. Then...
  3. D

'02 Explorer XLT Transmission issue (5R55S I think)

We were returning home from vacation yesterday when I experienced a strange transmission issue. We were going up a hill, the explorer downshifted to accellerate, and when it shifted back up it clunked really hard, and the "O/D OFF" light started blinking slowly on the instrument panel. I had...
  4. D

No Heat/Defrost in 2002 Explorer XLT ???

My issue is a little different Okay, I looked a Monte's picture and my issue is a little different... Here is Monte's pic: Mere's a video I made of mine (with my cell phone... sorry): http://linus.webboise.com/my-broken-vent.3gp Mine is a different issue... I think the black plastic...
  5. D

That sounds like the problem I'm having. I'm hoping to confirm with the help of the pics from montetate.
  6. D

Best location for a 10" subwoofer?

Thanks for the info guys!
  7. D

I have the same problem, where air blows out the main front vents, regardless of where the selector is. Thanks for the tips. I'll post back any progress I make. Do you think this would be the failed part...
  8. D

Best location for a 10" subwoofer?

I recently purchased a 2002 Explorer XLT and I'm wanting to install a 10" subwoofer. I thought I'd consult the Explorer gods before going to a stereo shop. My Explorer has the rear A/C unit, so I'm unable to use the JBL Stealthbox. The passenger-side rear panel (next to the third-row seat)...
Back