Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

5r55 torque converter getting old?

Hello I have here on 98 year sohc with rebuilt 5r55. It got allmost all new parts servos, rebuilt kit, some hard parts etc.... So it was complete rebuilt. Only old thing was the converter what was not replaced. The car had 350 000km on it. Now it haves 422000km on it. It gives occasionally...
  2. A

rebuilt 4r55 overdrive failure

Hey I got an explorer with 1-2nd shift problem, went only letting of gas to 2nd. third fourth and revers were fine. As the oil was pretty dark so decided to overhaul it. The disks and bands were worn but nothing broken. Replaced all bands and one entire drum from 5r55 what has bearing under...
  3. A

Hall Effect Sensor fault code

Hey again. I have another transmission thread in this section. But related to that my friend came tonight to get transmission codes, but forgot the right cable for it. So we tested my newer year working explorer with obd just for fun to see. First we got about 12000 misfires in all cilinders...
  4. A

Hey from Estonia and broken tranny problem..

Hey i am writeing from small Europe country called Estonia. I own two Ford explorers. One 1998 year one, it runs great. Another one I bought for parts is 4.0l motor and 1997 year one, with broken tranny, but now I would like to repair it. The problem is that it has only first two gears and...
Back