Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Strange OBD II codes on 1997 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD...

It could be a scan tool problem I guess. It is the personal one my buddy who works there keeps plugged into his Crown Vic. I remember we checked codes when I first got it and there were only a couple, the P0401 was one. I was suprised to see 6 codes today, after fixing a lot of stuff...
  2. A

Strange OBD II codes on 1997 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD...

I've had a Check Engine Light bugging me for quite a while now. I have found that it stays on if I am doing shorter trips, like my 20 minute drive to work. But if I drive for about an hour continuously the CEL will go out. Today I decided to replace the cracked passenger exhaust manifold...
  3. A

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

I have a 1997 Eddie Bauer that I have been trying to troubleshoot the subwoofer on. That diagram isn't correct for the wiring from the JBL module to my sub amp. I have a red, white, black and yellow wire, and the pinouts are completely different... Does anyone have another diagram, or more...
  4. A

A tale of two Eddie Bauers

The woodgrain was just thin plastic stuck on with 2 sided tape. It coming loose in places, so I took it all off.
  5. A

-Your Explorer-

Wifes 1. 1999 Mountaineer V8 AWD 2. $4,500 3. 95,000 (Nov. 2007) 4. 105,000 My new winter ride 1. 1997 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD 2. $1500 3. 141,501 (Aug. 2008) 4. 141,501
  6. A

Here are some pics of it from the Autotrader ad. '97 Eddie Bauer I looked under it today, someone long ago replaced the ARC shocks with standard ones. The air lines were just dangling near each shock, and the electrical connectors were all cut off too. I found out it had no low beam...
  7. A

leaking sunroof

I have noticed a few postings about people asking for the seal on the moonroofs. They aren't available from Ford, however the Moonroof looks like a very similar model to the one that was used in the '89 - '97 Thunderbirds. One of the guys in the Thunderbird club was able to order the seal for...
  8. A

Good Explorer yr 4X2 V-8

My wifes 99 Mountaineer will get just over 20 MPG (as calculated by mileage and gallons to fill up) if you baby it on the freeway. With her just putting around town though, it seems to get about 12. The '97 Eddie Bauer I just bought showed almost 21 MPG on the info center for the 30 mile...
  9. A

I bought the '97 for $1500. It seems to run nice except for the front prop shaft. Hopefully it will be all better with that replaced, and not have many further issues with the drivetrain. The inside edge of the rear tires is pretty worn, I assume they were likely on the front since the front...
  10. A

I saw a switch on the I/P near the radio that could select "Off-road" or "Norm" I think. Is there a problem with just driving with it low if the system is leaking?
  11. A

If the ride control gives out does it sit very low? Because that one is very low to the ground... What does that system do exactly? Airbags to change ride height only?
  12. A

I am not overly concerned about appearance, body wise. This is only going to be a winter vehicle, so it will see daily use from November through about March, then sit for the rest of the year. What I am after is reliability, I don't want to have to fix something every week when it is 10 Degt...
  13. A

I've pretty much decided I want to pick up an Explorer for a winter vehicle to replace the Thunderbird I've been using. We picked up a '99 Mountaineer last year for my wife, and it's been great, she doesn't want to give it up, so I need my own. I want something cheap ~$2k or less. I know that...
  14. A

Keyless Entry not locking?

Sounds like you have a similar problem to me... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179629 I'll be working on it today.
  15. A

Door Lock Problem

I have this exact same problem with my wifes 99 Mountaineer, only the rear switch works to lock the doors. I'd like more information on this splice, what color wires? Is it in the door or in the body near the door? (edit) I think I found that it would be the Pink and yellow wires from the...
  16. A

Rear audio controls not working

There are two connectors on the back of the radio, and they both seem firmly connected. There are no empty connectors on the back of the radio. I pulled up the panel with the two storage compartments at the front of teh center console, and found a big electrical connetor there, it seems OK as...
  17. A

I think it is the original headunit. It is definitely not aftermarket. I'll check the connectors, but I got the impression from other posts that if the rear controls were unplugged, that you would lose audio from the rear speakers? Even if the rear controls were unplugged, shouldn't the icon...
  18. A

I've been searching here and haven't seen the answer to this question yet. I hope this is the right forum since it isn't about aftermarket audio... We have had a 199 Mountaineer for about 3 weeks. We had the uplevel radio CD and cassette, but without the subwoofer or steering wheel controls...
  19. A

Thinking of buying looking for info on changes...

That is exactly the type of info I was looking for. I think we have settled on '99 Mountaineer. It looks like it has been well taken care of, I don't see evidence of it having any major work done to the engine or body. I've been suprised, half of the ones we looked at seem to have had front end...
  20. A

Thinking of buying looking for info on changes...

Hi! We are probably getting an Explorer or Mountaineer in the next week or so. I have been doing some research, so I know a little about them, but there is a lot of information out there to sort through. Based on our budget I think we are looking at a 1997 - 2001, most likely a Mountaineer...
Back