Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

SCORE @ the junkyard!!!

No, this isn't a pathetic plot for a ****o. I got a BW 4405 @ the junkyard today for $125... :cool: Walking around the first place didn't get us much. My buddy got a spare tire crank that he was looking for $20. Second place had a LOT more Explorers in it. Was looking under a buch of the...
  2. E

Exploder Transfer Case

Many of you know that I have an Explorer that has seen better days, due in large part to letting my teenage daughter drive it. At any rate, shortly after she torched the transmission, the transfer case decided it didn't want any of her abuse either. It has been sitting in the driveway for a...
  3. E

Working on the AC

So I decided to work on the AC for the Explorer today. I knew it had a slight leak, but recently recharged it and a week later, no charge... After finally purchasing all my stuff (see list below), I set out to work on it. I verified that there was 0 pressure in the system and there wasn't. In...
  4. E

Evil Eye has gone Elite!

Hey there. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have now joined the ranks of the Elite members!!! Sounds like you are stuck with me for a while!!! :p:I'll post up some pics of the X just as soon as I get off my lazy a$$ and take some... :eek:
  5. E

Evil Eye's 2005 F-250 PSD

Hey there. Just thought I would throw up a few pics of my tow beast. I call it my "Sweet Unit" :D Enjoy! My Truck The wife's Dodge and my PSD If you look closely, you can see the Exploder in front of my truck
  6. E

tensioner pulley

Mine's given up the ghost and squeeling something fierce. I just called parts and was given a price of $69!!! :mad: That seems crazy. I'm going to pay it because I need it, but it seems like I'm getting screwed... Where are you getting your dealer parts?
  7. E

96 Explorer tranny problem

96 Exloder XLT 4x4 - Tranny problem, delayed shifting for all gears up and down, kinda felt like a vacuum problem. Dropped the pan yesterday, needed a filter, but found these in the pan. Need some help with an exploded diagram of these parts and placement. Also, it appears that I've got...
  8. E

What's up

New to the forum, but have had my exploder for over 10 years now. Great truck. When things were too difficult for me or I wasn't sure about a procedure, I used to take it to my mechanic. Since he moved away, I've been looking to tear into things myself and found the forums really help. Thanks...
Back