Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

04 Ranger Engine Swap

Will an 04 Ranger 4.0L SOHC swap into a 2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC? From what I understand its pretty much the same engine, but will it bolt up to the 5R55E? I'm not sure what tranny the ranger runs. I just found this engine with 50k on it for cheap, so if anyone could let me know fairly quick b4...
  2. G

Engine running rough - timing chain related?

About a week ago, I started hearing a very faint marbling sound from the front of the engine. I could only hear it while standing at the front of the truck and at the wheel wells. I thought it maybe the belt tensioner or pulley going up, so I removed the belt and ran the engine; still there...
  3. G

Interior Lighting Wiring Schematic

Does anyone happen to have or know where to find the wiring schematic for the interior lights on a 2000 explorer? I am going to be doing an LED conversion on all interior lights, but for the overhead lights, I wanted to leave the white lights and also put in some blue LEDs that are switch...
  4. G

4.0 Exhaust Questions

I want to get a new exhaust this summer, and I'm starting to look around at the different options I have. I know there are numerous threads on exhausts, but I haven't found one that exactly relates to my questions. I was thinking about doing a cat back exhaust, only I want to pull out the 2...
  5. G

Shifting issues after flush

I recently did a tranny flush as well as a filter replacement. Initial test drive everything was fine. After i drove back to school (about 80 miles) i noticed that the tranny was hesitating to engage when i went from reverse to drive. When i back up and then put it in drive, it goes into...
  6. G

Replacement Alternator

Hey guys, I was thinking about replacing the stock alternator with a high output one, and was wondering if the 3G for a mustang is a direct bolt on replacement for the 3G on the explorer. Thanks in advance!
  7. G

Aftermarket speakers

Hey guys, I was thinking about upgrading my speakers and was wondering if Infinity Kappa 682.7cf's would fit in all 4 doors. Thanks in advance
Back