Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. spabula

Wanted 2000 Ex drivers side window/lock switches

I need the drivers side power window and lock switches. Part number is F87B-14540-AAW. one of my switches is shorting out. If you have one please pm me and also tell me how much you want for it. Can Paypal.
  2. spabula

mig or arc welder? need help

FWIW, you dont need to have a "big bottle of gas" for MIG. You can get a little tiny bottle if you want. Actually I would suggest 2 different mixes if your gonna be welding steel and aluminum. Argon/Co2 for steel and Argon or Argon/Helium for Aluminum. Id say it really depends what you plan...
  3. spabula

cel issue

did you read the cel? or have it read and have a code #?
  4. spabula

steel suggestions for a safari rack

EMT is .057 wall, so right between 17 and 16 gauge.. i might give it a try.. The rigid conduit that is aluminum is .107 wall........ thats roughly 12 gauge.. I dont have a spool gun for my welder so ill probably stick with the thin wall steel for now and see how it goes!! I'll post up...
  5. spabula

steel suggestions for a safari rack

I am looking to fab a safari rack and would like some suggestions on Metal to use. I have some 1" square tube, 1/8" wall. But I'm concerned it will weight A LOT. My other thought is EMT or rigid EMT. That seems a little light but if I reinforce it enough I think it'll be ok. The rack doesn't...
  6. spabula

Rear radio heat/ac control lights

I had mine apart the other day cuz i am removing the stereo controls portion of that assembly. there were two green standard LEDs in there. I wish I would have take pics to show cuz I dont know how to explain it. They were sort of recessed into "pillars" of plastic if you know what I mean...
  7. spabula

285/75/16 Stock Rims

I got 32's on my 16" rims , had to trim the plastic a tiny bit but thats about it.
  8. spabula

The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever

US Plastics sells ALL kinds of stuff......... www.usplastic.com and a sheet of UHMW that is 48" x 120" (2" thick) :eek: will be only $2558.94..
  9. spabula

Oval hole in center console (Pictures)

I have a netbook with a busted screen.............hmmmmmmmmmm
  10. spabula

Rubber Boot source(s) ?

Did you try asking one of the guys in the for sale section that's parting out trucks? Posted via Mobile Device
  11. spabula

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

The ones I found on eBay were in MD. But that doesn't mean anything. I bet all those LEDs come from China Posted via Mobile Device
  12. spabula

Movie speakers

Radio shack used to sell an A/B switch for car audio speakers.. i did a quick search and didnt see them though.. But you could just have them switched so you could select one set or the other. That is if you dont have extra outputs for more speakers. I am not a big audiophile so i am sure...
  13. spabula

Oval hole in center console (Pictures)

They are kinda hard to find by me too. I think the box size is called "juniors" . Kleenex (i think) has a similar size pack now but it isnt in a box. its more like in a pack like baby wipe are.. They fit ok. Thats what ive been using because thats what I can find around here.
  14. spabula

Running voltage question...

So I had advance auto check it. They said it was fine and gave me the printout showing the tests performed. No load test was 13.8 and load was 13.6. It wasn't that high when I checked it yesterday. So I don't know if its an intermittent problem. The battery also tested good. I figured...
  15. spabula

If i have to get another alternator i was planning on getting one that puts out more current... i am going to start redoing my lighting and will need lots 'o juice :D
  16. spabula

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

I am in!!! i would like number 213 if possible...... This is my other favorite forum -----> www.pazrt.com
  17. spabula

yes i believe they can . im gonna give that a shot tomorrow. thanks
  18. spabula

I just hope its not the new alternator I dropped in it... although, it should still be under warranty...
  19. spabula

Even if the battery was bad wouldnt i still read around 14 if the alternator was ok?
  20. spabula

I noticed today that my battery (voltage) gauge looked a little bit low. It wasnt right smack dab in the middle. it was probably only 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. I dont recall seeing it be that low prior. My truck off voltage was 12.0V and with it running i on had 12.6V. Shouldnt it be...
  21. spabula

Loose Autodim Mirror

get one from the junk yeard or off ebay... if you buy the same exact one all you have to do is unplug the old one, take it off, and put the new one in its place and plug it back in. I assume when you same it is loose you do not mean on the windshield. I assume it to mean that it doesnt hold...
  22. spabula

Replace rear audio control ideas?

Ok. so i just tore into my console. there are two plugs going to the controls. one to the stereo controls and one to the fan control. the vent control is obviously manual/mechanically controlled. So this what im thinking... I am going to try and mount the mini LCD where the control panel is...
  23. spabula

How to: Install auto-dimming rearview mirror

So there is an auto darkening mirror WITH headlight controls??? hmmmm... i need to look into that. i wonder if it would be a "plug and play type of deal since i already have a harness up there so there must be juice already. but maybe not on the correct pins??
  24. spabula

Coolant Leak

how long have you driven it like that? I was always under the impression that those were onlt temporary fixes.
  25. spabula

Replace rear audio control ideas?

I want to do something back there too.. I found these: Which are roughly that small size 4.75" x 2.75". I might try it but i have to figure out something to do with the air controls........... hmmmmmmmmm
Back