Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

p0446 CEL on

thank you for the suggestion - I have read that there is a vent under the spare tire that gets dirty. However, that was on the 96-01 cars, and I don't know if they moved the vent on the 02 or the 06 cars.
  2. C

p0446 CEL on

I put in a replacement gas cap from Autozone, and that has not resolved the issue.
  3. C

p0446 CEL on

I did a search and didn't find anything on the 06 cars regarding this check engine code. I have also from time to time gotten the small EVAP leak (gas cap light) and large EVAP leak (CEL) but didn't record the CEL numbers on those (just cleared them and kept driving) THe p0446 will...
  4. C

2006 explorer, gas cap and check engine light on

i was thinking the same thing. I didn't overfil the tank last time and it never turns off until I have it cleared at the auto parts store. I was wondering if it's the charcoal canister is filled with fuel. I will be going to a different auto parts store tomorrow and get the code and report...
  5. C

2006 explorer, gas cap and check engine light on

I have a 2006 ford explorer with ~42K miles. The check engine light and gas cap light are on. I took it to autozone and they ran the code, and said it was a loose or missing gas cap, and sold me a replacement. I installed it, they cleared the code, it was great. The lights both stayed off...
  6. C

New Trailer Hitch

I put an aftermarket 2" reciever on my explorer to tow a snowmobile trailer around. It's less then 3500 pounds so its been just fine. However, my book states the truck is rated to tow 5K pounds and im pretty sure I have the 3.55 gearing in mine.
  7. C

replacement roof rack screw

good idea. I just checked Fastenal's website it appears we have one just one town away.
  8. C

I live in chicago. THe only bone yard within a 45 min drive sucks. THey won't have anything newer then a late 90's. I am not certain if ti's the same screw. So basically I have to spend an hour driving to a bone yard, 30 minutes finding a matching vehicle trucking through snow and mudd to...
  9. C

the fastest solution is to just order it online. it's cold outside, and a muddy scrap yard is not how I envision spending my weekends. Especially for what I expect is a sub $5 screw.
  10. C

I seem to have misplaced one of the screws that secures the roof rack. I am refering to the screw with the hole through it (thumb screw) and need to secure a replacement. Does anybody know the part number? and does anybody have an online website that I can order it from (preferably without...
  11. C

fuel mileage

is my fuel mileage normal? I am getting a registered 14.8 on the car computer, and the math at fill ups seems about right. Im am rarely if ever over 4K RPM's, and its probably 50/50 mixed city / highway. with my highway speeds varying between 55 and 75. I honestly figured with that...
  12. C

factory remote start / 06 explorer

isn't that what the securilock kit does, and thats the reason, im using the factory kit
  13. C

whats the fuel release button for in the passanger foot well?

Its a small red button in front of the pass side front door along the plastic. it looks like a red button and is labeled fuel release. what does it do?
  14. C

oh nooes a newb.

I have not installed the NAVI unit, but... as far as I know thats correct.
  15. C

adding steering wheel audio controls

do you have the link to that thread?
  16. C

oh nooes a newb.

be sure to post lots of pictures
  17. C

oh nooes a newb.

ask and yee shall recieve parts express http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=269-326&scqty=2 now you need a subwoofer
  18. C

Upgraded to Navigation

so really, you could have it display anything? ford / mercury / lincoln / explorer / a picture of the shocker? ohh the potential...
  19. C

Upgraded to Navigation

what will happen to his audio quality? without the factory subwoofer?
  20. C

oh nooes a newb.

well, if you consider what it would take (and cost) to replace the factory unit with a aftermarket NAV and keep your factory sirius satallite radio. It would probably be even more work. Installing a subwoofer isn't a difficult task. I am not sure how the audiophile system would sound without...
  21. C

oh nooes a newb.

sorry let me clarify. The audiophile is a 7 speaker system. The front 5x7's are in the same location. Except that the audiophile is actually two seperate speakers (one tweeter and one midrange woofer) it's all put together into a 5x7 container. The rear speakers (I think) are the same as...
  22. C

oh nooes a newb.

im not sure if it will or not. I know where you can get the audiophile speakers for $5 a piece right now, you wouldn't have the subwoofer, but if you can crimp a few wires together you could probably put an aftermarket solution in for just a few bucks more. but im not sure if the factory door...
  23. C

heatedseat problems

sounds like the relay is faulty.
  24. C

factory remote start / 06 explorer

is this a factory plug and play install? I am looking at getting this kit. http://fordpartspeople.com/searchproduct.asp?model=Explorer&catid=3350143855276783&year=06&productdesc=Remote+Start+Systems which can be found at lots of online retailers. It looks like a ford part. Does it...
  25. C

audiophile vs. navi question

i have this stereo in my vehicle, it's the 6 disk / MP3
Back