Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

You can call my shop and set up an appointment for a diagnostic. I'd be happy to take a look at...

You can call my shop and set up an appointment for a diagnostic. I'd be happy to take a look at it from there. Ask for Kyle, he's my lead service writer. He'll get you squared away on charges and what you can expect from us. I don't wrench on cars anymore after 3 unsuccessful hand surgeries,but...
  2. J

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Nope. Fully custom built by me and a good friend.
  3. J

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Still here. Just can't remember how to post pictures to this site.
  4. J

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

You guys finally decide to have a run up by us and we have a wedding that weekend in Oklahoma. I am really disappointed we won't be able to go. I've wanted to run some of those trails by Leadville all summer long but haven't made it over yet. Poop
  5. J

P0171 & P0174 codes

Low compression from the overheated piston rings after it was severely overheated. The newer piston rings are low tension to decrease friction and increase fuel economy...downside is they do not like to be overheated. Perform a compression test across all 6 cylinders and see if it is low.
  6. J

Bumpers

It's made of 1/4" cold rolled steel, except for the hidden storage compartment, we made it out of 1/8". We made new brackets that bolt to the original bumper mounting points. The rear bumper reciever hitch also mates up to a custom rear crossmember that ties the two frame rails together and has...
  7. J

Double your pleasure... DIY Doubler!

Sorry guys...been busy as hell and havent slowed down at work yet... It's still in my truck, I havent pulled it out to tear it down and show the build up. A little info...the pump is retained in the doubler, that is how it oils. I use two crossmembers because it is too much torque for just one...
  8. J

Sorry guys, it's flu and cold season in my house and I haven't had any free time to work on it. I'm hoping for some time tomarrow, but that is dependant on how much better the wife is feeling by then...
  9. J

Now that's more like it! I plan on working her over on Friday...stay posted for pictures. As far as some specs- crawl ratio of 6.15:1 used a Borg-Warner 1350 manual shift added exactly 12" to the overall length retained the factory electric shift "main case" used original factory Ford manual...
  10. J

Bumpers

I've noticed that, but I run them around 22-24 lbs and they seem to be pretty close to flat in relation to the road. I guess time will tell...
  11. J

Wheels and tires

Awesome! Mine is my daily driver, but it's just under 8 miles to work. I drove it around for a couple days with the front swaybar off (took the rear off when I installed the bumpers) and the tires aired down to 12 psi. That gets interesting fast! In one of my pictures you can see the sidewall...
  12. J

Bumpers

A little more info on the build. I don't have any build pictures...I get too wrapped up when working to stop for pictures. There was plenty of room behind the bumper between the radiator for the winch, but notice the transmission cooler isn't stock anymore. I removed the factory cooler and...
  13. J

Wheels and tires

Anyone else?
  14. J

15X9 and 3/4" wheels

Check out my post Wheels and tires in this section. Its down a couple from this post
  15. J

Wheels and tires

For anyone who is interested I am running Cooper ST/T 33x12.50R15s on the stock aluminum rims with the F-150 coil spacers / Warrior shackles and a 3 inch body lift. They do rub just a little on the front swaybar at full lock, but clear the fenders at full extension / compression. They also rub...
  16. J

Bumpers

Here are a few action shots of her sporting the bumpers and tires I wanted when I started this little project. The tires rub the front swaybar at full lock, and the rears rub inside the wheel wells when you get off camber. I'm working on wheel spacers for the rear, and I just remove the swaybar...
  17. J

Bumpers

Keep in mind it's January in Colorado when we're doing this. I drove it around for one week with the mock ups on it while we gathered parts and steel. It snowed on us a couple times that week and the cardboard warped a little. But we were able to salvage it and begin building. We worked four...
  18. J

Bumpers

So awhile back I decided it was time to start doing some mods to my X. Some mods that would make it better off road. A friend of a friend had a Warn 9000xd that had only been used once. He rolled his Toyota and they used it to roll it back over. I made him an offer of $300 cash and thought we...
  19. J

Yeah...about those pictures...I didn't take any as I built it. I wasn't sure if it would work out. But it did and so now I have to take it out and take it apart. But that leaves me the opportunity to do a build up thread in reverse. So how about it, how many want to see how easy it is to build...
  20. J

There isn't nearly as much interest in this post as I expected...
  21. J

i think the picture says it all...
  22. J

Springs? Will they fit?

I wanna swap a D44 out of an early bronco w/ the radius rod setup...wondered if these springs would work with that...
  23. J

Springs? Will they fit?

A buddy of mine is offering to sell me some 5 1/2 inch lift springs he took off the front of his 94 Cherokee. Will they fit in a first gen explorer?
Back