Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Ranger wheels on 04 Explorer?

Hi all, I've tinkered with this idea for a while now. I am looking for different wheels but don't want chrome or "blingy" wheels. I like the offset on some of the Ranger wheels and I know the bolt pattern is the same, but I don't know if the wheels on the FX4 Ranger will work on a 2wd '04...
  2. G

Help me build a better tow rig

To change the ratio, you don't replace axles, you replace gears (ring & pinion). Like you, I started with 3.55's. I have since regeared to 4.10's and am loving it. Since you are pulling that much weight, you need at least a 4.10 ratio, if not a 4.30 or 4.56. Be mindful however, that with...
  3. G

Rear end noise?

Wanted to chime in To projectaviator, I had noise too. I was able to use the car lift at work to narrow down the noise to the carrier bearings. I thought it was one of the wheel hub bearings, but I had a co-worker listen while I was up in the ex pressing the gas pedal. The noise came from...
  4. G

Missing some ooomphhhh!

You need to change gears. I currently have 255/70/16 on my Ex. Your 265/70/16 tires are approx. 1/2 inch taller than mine and heavier. If you do actually have 3.73 gears then that is on the high end of what you need for that size tire. I am going from a 3.55 to a 4.10 ratio very soon to...
  5. G

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Actually the greaser does work Sorry I took so long to respond laffslast. Thepotroast, you may be right, technically. If I were using the tools you were using it may not have worked. But I used a 70 ton shop press to press mine in and it worked just fine. So laffslast if you have access to...
  6. G

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Greaseable ball joints Hey everyone, I just got my ball joints and plan on putting them in tomorrow. I ordered the same moog part number from OReillys and got one that is sealed and one that is greaseable. So I called them back and exchanged the sealed one for a greaseable one. Yay me...
  7. G

How do I press in upper ball joint? PICTURES

Thanks! I just found out my upper ball joints need to be replaced. This was a very helpful thread. Thanks.
  8. G

Installed my system-Yay!

Sorry guys, I didn't take pix of the install-was too worried about getting the install done. But I will take pix of the results in the next couple of days.
  9. G

Installed my system-Yay!

After 4 months of gathering parts and other delays, I finally made time this weekend to install my system. I cannot believe my ears. The sound surpasses my expectations. Here are the specs:H/U Pioneer deh-p4000ub, Front speaks Boston Acoustics SX85, Amp Kicker ZX550.3, Sub Image Dynamics...
  10. G

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

I did it.
  11. G

Howdy Amigos!

Hi,:) I'm from San Antonio, Texas (Go Spurs Go!) I am the proud owner of a new to me 2004 Explorer XLS 2wd 4.0. Dark blue, no frills, and nothing fancy, but a lot better than I anticipated. I got it last Saturday and have since put about 500 miles on it. I love it. This is my first post on...
Back