Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

15W40 Engine Oil for a 04 Explorer..

First of all the guy's name is Rick Muscoplat, not Tom. Second, where it says: "So you can see why a heavier weight oil is good in those conditions." How do you figure that goes against what I'm recommending? Having an expert telling you what you don't want to hear is not my fault. I was...
  2. T

Not the kind of words that I'd use in a debate. All I can say is that most of cars tested were under 30k and one them was under 10k so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I'm glad to see that this thread makes you smile otherwise what else would.
  3. T

Not that it makes more torque but that it recoups what ever torque is lost at those altitudes.
  4. T

I don't care if would've taken me 20 years! The point is that I made my point. Thanks,
  5. T

I guess Pedro was right all along!... http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/index.html “The Family Handyman” magazine’s Rick Muscoplat answers a customer’s question below about transmission overheating at high altitudes. Is heavier weight engine oil the best solution? Rick’s answer is...
  6. T

Transmission Cooler V8 4.6L 2004

You are correct, we were referring to oil weight in the engine.
  7. T

Transmission Cooler V8 4.6L 2004

It seems that no one could answer this persons question, so I'll do it considering I have experience on the issue. Jorge, It seems to me that the issue you are having is related to the attitude that you are driving your truck at. It seems that when you fill your truck with factory spec 5w...
  8. T

Flat Black?...

U have to remember that we r talking about Mexican wages here, which about $55 pesos (about 7 dollars) a day! $125 dollars is about the going rate so, if u really think about it this guy is making good money compared to ur average worker! As far as quality is concerned they have to be...
  9. T

Flat Black?...

Since so many people are asking where I got the wrap from I decided to put a link up showing a photo where I got the wrap from. They charged me $125 as I had said before it took about 10 hours to apply but, this guys been wrapping for over 30 years so he knows what he's doing. The material...
  10. T

Flat Black?...

Sorry about not being more clear about the pulling over part but, I actually live in Mexico as of now. People in general react somewhat different then they do in the U.S, What with of the insecurity going on right now. The good guys don't know if I'm bad the bad guys don't know if I'm badder...
  11. T

Flat Black?...

It's was only wrap. I actually already took it off if anything, I kept getting pulled over by the authorities and by suspicious individuals as well! Talk about being insecure.
  12. T

Flat Black?...

Too bad I only paid $125 to get it looking like this!...
  13. T

Flat Black?...

Check it out, Flat Black Explorer, What do u guys think?... https://picasaweb.google.com/108827503050162764990/ExploringWTheExplorer#5655227687218532818
  14. T

Seems that the rest of the world has Perdo's back! ( :thumbdwn: Science :rolleyes:) http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1649728&page=1
  15. T

I don't mind that at all. But what I do mind is being contradicted for experiences that I personally go threw here first hand and then to have people that have never even set foot here tell me what those experiences should be like? It's aggravating enough w/ the customer's vehicles. After we...
  16. T

Diesels are basically non existent here and all b/c of the premium they command. You are thinking of Europe and Asia. But it make sense to put 0w20 in Toyota Priuses? Yes, but drop oil pressure in the process. "So if they buy more of it. They have more?... :us::salute: "How in the world did...
  17. T

Sorry I can't!.. It turns that it's in so high demand by a "certain country" :us: that we can't keep up! p.s Not surprised by this comment at all. :us:
  18. T

Research in progress No one is challenging you on that. It looks good on paper but, I'm talking about Real World situations here. Yes we understand that already. Yes it is. And almost instantly at that. Here in Mexico they have been using this grade and weights (10w40, 15w40 and full...
  19. T

Last time I checked McVeytown, Pa (500ft) is nowhere near a high altitude region. Yes, this is true for anything at or close to sea level but, does not apply the higher you get in altitude. I'll explain why. Not true. When you have an oil that as thin as 5w20. There is no resistance...
  20. T

Here's what will happen from using 5w30! [/I] You forgot to mention that you live in a high altitude area which also affects the oil type. For anything above 3000ft he will lose good amount of toque/horsepower b/c of the fact that there is less oxygen. Second since your transmission...
  21. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Well... The Monty lights are L.E.D's as well. I know that you can't really see it on the pics but, the O.E brake & park light in the +06 Monty taillights are actually rear projecting L.E.D's. So when the light omits. It projects the light towards the reflecting prisms then back towards the...
  22. T

Exploring w/ the Explorer Web Album.

They are off the Lincoln Aviator's. Which are about %30 bigger w/ thicker glass as well as a turn signal w/ puddle light's and they are also heated. p.s These mirrors were actually standard on the prototype gen 3 Explorer's why they never came on the production Explorer beat's me, except for...
  23. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

You are correct sir! Those are off a post 06 mountaineer. And just for the record they do bolt up to the 02-05 Explorer's (except for some minor trimming under the light) can't vouch for +06 Explorer's though.
Back