Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ellie the Explorer

Thanks to Explorer Forum, I've been infected by the need to modify my Explorer! :D Thanks for all the great write-ups and advice! So far I've only installed new wheels and tires and a bull bar. Will be working on installing Flowmaster Delta 40s and KC driving lights this weekend. Also...
  2. S

Engine clatter after oil change

hey everyone, thanks for all your input and I took your advice.. I changed the oil filter to a Motorcraft FL-1A but the clatter is still there at idle. Oil levels and pressure are normal. Talked to a few ppl I know.. they said it sounded like the push-rods or the valves themselves.. gonna take...
  3. S

Thanks for your responses everyone! No. it's more of a mechanical rattle.. sounds quite like a diesel engine. I am using a Super Tech ST8A oil filter. Used to have a Fram PH8A previously. Started the engine this morning.. didn't have the clatter for about 10 seconds. It is also most...
  4. S

hey everyone, after a routine oil change today, I started to hear a clatter from the engine.. it initially sounded like the valvetrain but it gets louder towards the crankshaft region. It's the first time I have actually noted this kind of sound - my friend's Camry made the same sort of noise...
  5. S

O2 sensor not registering

thanks jt, I'll be checking the IAC and the MAF tomorrow. btw are the O2 sensors accessible in ProScan?
  6. S

O2 sensor not registering

hey everyone, recently I've had the p0171 and p0174 error codes coming up on my '98 Explorer Sport 4.0L EFI. I have an OBD scanner software (ProScan 5) which tells me that banks 1 and 2 are running lean. It also states that Bank 1 is stuck in open loop. I'm guessing that there is no feedback...
Back