Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Poor low rpm performance, erratic idle

These ECT do not always fail completely. When they actually fail completely it will through a check engine light, when they don't...... The other way they fail is to simply misreport the temperature. When they misreport the temperature it can cause any variation of problems, such as the one...
  2. L

Poor low rpm performance, erratic idle

"Coolant Temperature Sensor". I had the exact same problem on my 1992. It won't through a check engine light if it "IS" reporting, but reporting wrong. I.E. it is reporting the engine is 98 while it is actually 238 causing it to run rich. Or it is reporting 98 when the engine is...
  3. L

4x4 Switch Wiring Diagram - '92 Explorer

Well, I was right and it didn't take a new switch (at least not yet). I pulled the switch apart and cleaned all the connections on it. After doing this I put the switch back in and the 4x4 works. 4 Hi works perfect, although 4 low makes a nice noise as it goes in which I don't know what...
  4. L

I've read that thread so I should explain further. When I was installing the stereo it appeared the switch had not even been reconnected after removal of the previous after market stereo. Upon connecting the switch I was able to switch into 4 High. Unfortunately I didn't know how to...
  5. L

Introduction

Yeah, I really can't complain for the price. I was expecting the intake manifold gasket or the mass air flow sensor, or both, to need cleaned/replaced when I first bought it. I couldn't trace down the issue so had a mechanic take a look and $76.00 later the coolant sensor was replaced and it...
  6. L

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 4x4 Switch in a '92 Explorer? After installing a new stereo last night (rig didn't come with one when I bought it) I found that I had bumped the 4x4 switch and could get into 4 high (tested). I couldn't get into 4 Low though and after a bit it...
  7. L

Introduction

I stumbled across this site while researching a 4x4 issue with my '92 Explorer. Figured, as they say to I would post an introduction. My rig is a '92 Explorer I bought a week ago from a dealer for $925.00. So far I've had the coolant temperature sensor replaced (amazing what that can...
Back