Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Over Heat Help

If the rad cap will not hold pressure, the engine will boil over. Make sure you have a good cap and a good cooling system by testing both with a leak tester. Also, check your oil for signs of coolant or foaming. If either exist, you probably have a blown head gasket.
  2. T

2000 Limited - interior light stuck on

I did some searching. Came up with nothing. The interior light on my 2000 Limited won't turn off. It stays on when I'm driving and when it's parked. I've tried the overhead switches dozens and dozens of times with no luck. Any ideas? I read some threads about sticky door latches causing...
  3. T

How can I remove a 2000 Mach head unit?

Thanks guys. I pulled the bezel and it came out fairly easily. I've got the blank display problem, like everyone else. lol!
  4. T

Limited rear suspension issue

For what it's worth, I pulled out Maxi Fuse 8 & 9 and checked with the air suspension swithced on and off. Nothing would make the "Check Susp" light on the dash go out. :(
  5. T

How can I remove a 2000 Mach head unit?

I know I've seen a how-to. As I recall, it requires modified coat hangers. A link would be appreciated. :)
  6. T

For search posterity, my fuse block under the hood looks more like this. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180814
  7. T

ABS Light on-2000 explorer 4x4

It's on the driver's side of the driveshaft, toward the top of the pumpkin. You can't miss it.
  8. T

ABS Light on-2000 explorer 4x4

That fixed my Ex when I had the same symptoms. :cool:
  9. T

Thanks, hworksinc. :) I think my truck has different wiring than you illustrated in that thread. My box under the hood looks different than that. I had found that thread previously as the only relevant thread but pulling fuse 8 didn't work. I pulled the #8 maxi fuse and the #8 mini fuse...
  10. T

Centering a steering wheel

Holy smokes, that was fast. Thanks, Corkey! Will do. :cool:
  11. T

Centering a steering wheel

I've been searching for the last 30 minutes with no luck. I've found the question asked twice with no answer. Also, my Haynes manual shows nothing of how to center a wheel. Any help would be appreciated! :D
  12. T

Thanks. Is the fuse located close to the module?
  13. T

Limited: How can I kill the "Check Suspension" light

Nice. It looks like I can just unplug the ARCM located behind the radio in the dash.
  14. T

Limited: How can I kill the "Check Suspension" light

I tried pulling fuse 8 under the hood but it didn't do it. Is there a simple way?
  15. T

Any idea what shocks would be a direct replacement? I'm guessing Monroe 40006/40007? The only threads I can find are for the previous generation ARC system which has air shocks on all four corners. I'm considering the F150 spring swap. Since my rear is sagged only slightly, why can't I just...
  16. T

My 2000 limited has a sagging rear suspension. As well as this, the air shock is leaking on the driver's side so I've had to turn off the air suspension. Turning off the air suspension causes a "check suspension" light on the dash. Is there a cost effective solution? The sag isn't bad...
  17. T

Lower Ball Joint Help, Knuckle is Stuck!

I'm going to leave my solution to this issue here. Hopefully, it will help someone who has this problem and searches for a solution. I beat on the knuckle for a long time with no luck until I supported the LBJ stud with a floor jack. I put the crown nut on upside down and then raised the...
  18. T

Lower Ball Joint Trouble...

I just had the same problem and solved it another way. I'm going to share it so anyone who searches can find another solution. By placing the floor jack under the LBJ stud and jacking until the weight is on the floor jack, it then came loose with a couple of decent wraps of the hammer...
  19. T

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

I'm having a lousy time getting the bolts out of my factory UCA on the driver's side. The whole deal was easy until this stage but I've been looking at it closely and I just don't see how either the front or rear bolt will come out with the hard lines and such that are in there. I'm ready to...
  20. T

Optimum speed for best mileage is 65 MPH?

Judging by the telemetry in my 2000, 4 door, 4x4, 4.0 SOHC, Limited and also my ScanGauge II, I get best fuel mileage at just below 50 mph (perhaps 46~48). It stays pretty decent until 55 and starts dropping. Typical flat, no wind driving mileage: 50 mph - 23 mpg 55 mph - 21.5 mpg 60...
  21. T

Tow/Pull car out

The ultimate setup, in my opinion, is the hidden hitch class III/IV setup bolted to the frame, and then use a draw bar with a tow hook. If you put a rope through the hole in your bumper, the rope will abraid with use and eventually let go. You may also be able to mount tow hooks to the...
  22. T

Mountain towing

Thank you, gents. I'll post back to let you know how it goes. :)
  23. T

Mountain towing

I am considering the purchase of a 2050 lb piece of equipment in Boise, Idaho. My trailer is 1300 lbs. That puts me at 3400 but with fuel, travel coolers, suit cases, etc... I expect to be at or beyond 4000 lbs. The route will be Boise back to Montana and up into Canada. The truck is a 2000...
  24. T

U-Haul hitch - part # 78166

I apologize for taking so long to post a picture. I've been extremely busy but found the time to snap a shot of the hitch this evening after returning from some back country exploring. I suppose it's not completely hideous. I prefer it to the big square style hidden hitch but it's crap...
Back