Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bad Gas?

Well I have fixed the problem it must of been ignition because I replaced the wires and plugs and its all fixed.
  2. J

Bad Gas?

I got code numbers po301 and po304. Misfire on cylinder one and four. I didnt get around to replacing replacing the plugs and wires today I will most likely do that tommorrow. Thanks for the help so far though hopefully I can get this thing fixed soon.
  3. J

Bad Gas?

Thats what has be confused is that number one and number 4 are on oppisite sides of the coil so I would think that if one of the coils went bad it would also be affecting other cylinders but I am going to go over and check all the ignition stuff today.
  4. J

Bad Gas?

I am beyond confused now. I drained the fuel tank, cleaned the injectors, replaced the fuel filter. Checked just about everything else but I am having the same problems as before. It is running like crap and the one converter is still overheating. My plan for tommorrow is to take the converter...
  5. J

Bad Gas?

Numbers one and four are actually on oppisite sides of the coil pack. I also tested the coil pack to. I was speaking to a mechanic I know and he was saying that the same thing happened to his daughters car about a couple weeks ago and he drained the whole tank put in fresh fuel and it was...
  6. J

Bad Gas?

Well now I starting to think that I got a to high of mix of ethanol in the gas and thats part of the reason why it is running hot. I dont know what I can do to fix this but I am definitly draining the tank which sucks because I just filled it with 15.5 gallons of gas that was a complete waist...
  7. J

Bad Gas?

Yea I am just trying to figure out were the cylinder 4 misfire is coming from because that side of the engine has a different cat then cylinder 1. This has got me really confused. Especially when I dont have a tool to read sensor data while it is running. I would have no problem if it was a carb...
  8. J

Bad Gas?

Well I did some tests I tested the coil and resistance was good I checked the plugs they were fine. I then checked the wires they passed the test to. I checked the fuel pressure that was fine , I couldn't hear any vacuum leaks. I drove it around the problem was still there and then the check...
  9. J

Bad Gas?

I am having a problem with my engine. It has an extremily rough idle, it has hesitation and stumbling on exceleration. It all started as soon as I got a full tank of gas at my local gas station. It had a 1/8 tank of gas in it before I got gas and as soon as I got gas, as soon as I started my car...
  10. J

5r55E VB from Wholesale Transmission Parts?

Well I just happened to see this post and I did business with Wholesale Transmission Parts about a month and a half ago. I purchased a remanufactered transmission. It looked fine until I got it in my explorer and it did nothing. I had problems contacting the guy that sold me the...
  11. J

Transmission Trouble

Well I got everything put back together and I never really drove the thing a long distance until today and now it wont shift gears. I thought that I had fixed the problem the thing was running great. After taking it for a longer drive today I went to pick up parts and I noticed that the...
  12. J

Transmission Trouble

Well for some reason i couldnt access the site earlier but besides that here goes some more info. I did not lose my gears all the way but it did not want to shift that well and it also wasnt cooling very well because my transmission normally stays around 120 degrees and it was all the way up...
  13. J

Transmission Trouble

Yea I found the kit that bypasses it but I decided that I am going to leave it alone. I have my valve body out right now waiting on an EPC solenoid. I decided to install a transgo shift kit in it while I have the thing apart. Also when I took the valve body out I had metal shaving sitting on...
  14. J

Transmission Trouble

Well I think I might of figured out what part of the problem is. This transmission has something that controls when fluid flows to the cooler if I am correct? How does this system work because I believe that i may have a block in one of the cooler lines restricting the flow when it makes the...
  15. J

Transmission Trouble

I have a temperature gauge on it but it has not been functioning right for a while but i can get a basic idea of what the temperature is. I have noticed that it does have to warm up normally before it does it but it never overheats. It also has been fine since that day so I dont know what it is.
  16. J

Transmission Trouble

Any suggestions?
  17. J

Transmission Trouble

Vehicle specs- 1997 Explorer, 4x4, 4.0SOHC, 5R55E I am having a problem with my transmission shifting or not shifting at all sometimes. This all started about a week and a half ago when I was out and was driving to another store. I was driving for about a minute after I had started the...
  18. J

Front Diff/ CV Axle leaking!

My explorer had the same problem but it didnt lose that much fluid the differential was still full. It started after I replaced both of my cvs to. At least now I know that it is a pretty easy fix.
  19. J

4.0 SOHC Tried to fix death rattle found another problem.

Well I just left it the way it was and replaced the jackshaft chain tensioner with a new one while I was in there. I also took care of some other problems I had with the accesorries that were squeking. After I got it all back together I cleaned the IAC and then went to start the thing up no idle...
  20. J

I am not really worried about the plastic so much as the metal. Do you think that the rest of it could fall off it is barely on there.
  21. J

Ok thanks I didn't think it would be that big of deal because it is just the balancer and it cant effect the timing of the engine from going off and thats what I was attempting to prevent. Thats good to know I will probably just remove the rest of the tensioner so nothing else falls done and...
  22. J

Anyone with a 1998 SOHC inside please

My engine has the same thing I forget whats its called but there should be a plastic piece on the end of the rod that slides over the rod sticking up and then there is supposed to be some type of snap ring I believe. Mine is missing the snap ring and I need to find a new one because the plastic...
  23. J

Well I started working on my engine a couple of days ago to try to fix the death rattle that started a couple months ago. I was thinking that the rattle was most likely the jackshaft to crank chain tensioner. After getting it apart and looking at it I am completely wrong it looks like somebody...
  24. J

Transmission heat problem

Thats what I thought originally to that something was loose but all connections are fine. The gauge and sensor kit are the B&M kit from summit racing. It has been working since I got it but now it will either tell the real temp or double it. I was originally thinking that it could be the wire...
Back