Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

SHISVX

Really pleasant and a pleasure to do business with! Thanks for the smooth transaction, Kelli! -Lloyd
  2. T

boominXplorer

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to boominXplorer...Sent me a check for a camber kit. All went very smooth. -Lloyd
  3. T

How hard to replace upstream o2 sensor??

Hey guys, I've got p code 0135 and 0171...upstream o2 sensor bank 1 and lean code...How hard would it be for me to replace this sensor myself, and is there a chance it's causing the lean code? Thanks, -Lloyd
  4. T

Saleen rear sway bar....Split collets?

Hey guys, I bought a saleen rear sway bar off of ebay awhile back, and when I went to put it on realized that it didn't come w/ split collets. From what I can tell, the stock ones will not be usable w/ the saleen bar. Do the ones that explorer express sells work for this application? Can...
  5. T

Different '99 Bumpers?

Hey everyone, Just wondering if there are two different types of ninety-nine bumpers? I've got a '99 and the bumper has more of a textured feel to it. Is there another one that's totally smooth in comparison? I want to have it painted to match my body color, and I don't think that the...
  6. T

Please help! CEL Woes!

CEL just came back on after a couple weeks being off... Here's the brief run-down. CEL came on a few weeks ago with code P0171. The truck was running fine...No problems, just the damn light. I went ahead and cleaned the MAF, figuring that the oil from my KKM may have seeped on. Sure enough...
  7. T

Question about cross drilled rotors

Hey everyone, I've got a question about cross drilled rotors that I hope someone can help me with. I want to upgrade my rotors to cross drilled and have seen some places that sell them. They're listed as 95-01 model years for fitament. I called Ford, though, and they said that only the...
  8. T

Question about center consoles

Will a full-size console from the 4 door X's fit in my 99 Sport? I'm looking for the one the extends all the way to the front bezel. I'm willing to do a little work to make it fit if it's not perfect. Let me know... Thanks, -Lloyd
  9. T

Running lean...How to fix?

My check engine light came on yesterday, so I tookit to Ford and they said that the engine was running lean. I've got a KKM and a BBK 66mm throttle body, both of which have been in upwards of 7 months. Any ideas on why this would have happened now, or on how to fix it? I'm hoping an engine...
  10. T

Problems with unlocking driver door

Hey everyone, I've been having a problem lately....My driver side door lock only unlocks when it wants to. Usually I have to crawl in through the passenger side and pull on the handle a few times before it unlocks. Sometimes, though, it does unlock right away. Anyone run into this problem...
  11. T

Temp Gauge Rising then falling

Hey everyone, Ever since it got cold out, my temp gauge has been rising up to hot and making my check engine light come on. Almost immediately it comes right back down, though. This happens after 10 minutes of driving or so... I was thinking bad thermostat maybe? Any ideas? Thanks...
  12. T

Removing Tape on Exterior

Hey guys, Got rid of the side molding on the X, but I'm not sure what to use to get the tape residue off. Any ideas? Thanks, -Lloyd
  13. T

New 18's....Center caps don't fit!!!!

Hey guys, I just put on some 18" cobra r's with pirelli 255/40 tires, but the caps on the front wheels don't fit on! What I believe are the hubs (I'm an idiot) stick out too far and prevent the cap from staying on...Only in the front though. They don't rub at all...Do I need to put spacers...
  14. T

Cold Air Intakes

Hey everyone, Just wanted some opinions on intakes... Right now I'm running a KKM filter on my 99 4.0L OHV. I'd like, however, to get something to replace the whole intake arm and add a cold ar box. The three that I've seen are the K+N, the Volant, and the MAC. I'm kind of leaning towards...
  15. T

BBK 66mm Throttle Body

I just bought one of these from truckperformance.com... What kind of performance increases can I expect in conjunction with a KKM and Flowmaster dual exhaust? Thanks
  16. T

Exhaust Compelte!

Exhaust Complete! Hey guys, Finally got the exhaust work done on my X today. I went with a Flowmaster 40 series with dual pipes. Looks absolutely great coming out the back. Anyone else have duals on their sport? I don't think I've ever seen one before. Anyway, it was like $300, and it's...
  17. T

Colored Springs?

Hey guys, If I wanted blue springs around my shocks, where could I get them? I have absolutely no idea how they are fitted or what sizes they come in...let alone what size are stock on an Ex.
  18. T

Air Filter Whine??

Hey guys, Maybe someone here can help me with this diagnosis... Whenever it's a warmer day, and they've been few and far between lately, I get a really loud annoying high pitched whine coming from where my air filter sits. I've got the KKM conical one... Any ideas on what's causing this?
  19. T

Removing pass. Airbag

How hard is it to remove the passenger side airbag. It would be the perfect spot for my PS2, I'm thinking... Anyone have any advice? -Lloyd
  20. T

Playstation 2

I'm planning on hooking a PS2 up to my tv in the 'XPlo so that people can play games, watch movies, etc. My question is this: Has anyone done this? Where is the best place to mount the PS2 out of sight? I'm thinking about taking the pocket out of the center council and making a little box...
  21. T

Consumer Beware!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to relate a problem I'm having now with a store called ProCarParts.com. i ordered some carbon fiber altezzas from one of their eBay auctions, and after waiting a couple weeks finally received them today. Or so I thought. They actually sent me the F150 lights...
  22. T

Super white 916 or 3157 bulbs?

Hi, I saw an Explorer with white turning signal markers the other night, and was wondering what brand of bulbs could make the lights very white. I bought some ****ty white bulbs from Pepboys today and they still look yellowish/orangeish. Anybody have any ideas?
  23. T

KKM or K+N?

I'm planning on ordering my first under-the-hood mod for my Explorer tomorrow, and was wondering what the general consensus is on the air filters. KKM or K+N? Basically I'm looking for a throatier growl and maybe more HP? Thanks.
  24. T

SOHC?

This is probably going to sound pretty stupid, but I'm new, so bear with me :) What exactly does SOHC mean, and how do I know if I have it? I've got a '99 Explorer Sport 4.0L V6. Thanks in advance...
  25. T

Broken Armrest

The armrest on my center council broke off the other day. Any ideas where I could get a replacement online? Also, a friend of mine works as an installer at Best Buy; He said that this is a pretty common problem. Has it happened to anyone else?
Back