Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Explorer VSS speed sense for Navigation

Anyone out there? :)
  2. S

2002 Explorer VSS speed sense for Navigation

Hello- I'm installing an Eclipse AVN30D unit into my 2002 Explorer 4-door Eddie Baur 4.6L. I have researched and keep seeing a gray/black wire to search for. I am having a tough time. 1) The PCM- which passes through the firewall on the passenger side- I have opened up each wire loom under...
  3. S

Trouble Starting Explorer 2002 V8, Need help

thanks for the tip. I did replace the fuel filter about 2 years ago, but maybe a new one is due.
  4. S

Trouble Starting Explorer 2002 V8, Need help

Since it started to get cold a few mornings I have almost not been able to start my 02 Explorer v8. Here's whats up: Turns over no problem but it seems like its not getting fuel. After about 4 to 5 attempts and me hitting the gas pedal a couple times it fires up. Runs perfect and even starts...
  5. S

2002 4.6L Rear Bearings Axle?

I was looking up some parts I need to pick up and found this write up: This information is from the Ford Service Manual for a 2002 Ford Explorer, however it can be used for all 2002-2005 Ford Explorer’s, Mercury Mountaineer’s and Mercury Mariner vehicles. The hub bearing on the rear of...
  6. S

Update, we got the hub assembly apart. You have to disconnect the emerg brake line pop out three bolt on the back-side and pull what looks like ball joints. Once out, pulled out an o-ring and pounded out the rotor. I also found the emergency brake shoes were all busted up. So, for this job...
  7. S

We have the caliper pulled and the center axle nut off. I have been pounding away at the rotor and it will not move. Also, canot seem to get the hub assem off. Anyone have any suggestions or a write up how to do this? My manual just says "take off center nut and press on bearing pack."...
  8. S

Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. I haven't been driving my explorer as the sound has been getting worse. Yes, I learned it is the bearing pack. My dealer said it was 6-750 per side. I was able to get the parts needed to do the job for about $100. Regarding the warranty, I...
  9. S

05 explorer rear bearing question

What about changing the back bearings? Part numbers? Press needed? 2002 4.6L 4-door
  10. S

I forgot to mention... my expploer has a drivetrain warranty still... is this something that is covered? I don't want to take it in and find out cause the dealer charges $200 just to look at it. If this would be considered part of the drivetrain THAT WOULD BE SWEET! If not, I'm going to...
  11. S

A few months ago I started hearing a grinding sound coming from the back. I pulled the wheel and noticed the pads wear worn almost all the way down. (Rotors were fine). Anyway, it seemed to help but still there was a slight sound. I notice that the right rear wheel hub seemed loose... I do...
  12. S

2002 Explorer Passenger Window Assembly

I have a 2002 eddie baur V8 4 door. Two days ago the passenger window stopped rolling up. I pulled the door panel and found the motor is running fine, but there is a plastic shielded wire that appears to have broken off. Basically, the motor just spins until it can't anymore in either...
  13. S

Need Remote Start Help

Yes, it is delayed. I actually was procrastinating a bit cause I didn;t want to pull the dash and search in the kick and all. Finally, I got a new woofer and am going to do a custom build were the factory sub is located. Long story short, there was the factory module, so I ran a wire from the...
  14. S

Need Remote Start Help

This post above is accurate. The middle plug on the security module (green) has 16 wires. The grn/purp pin #5 is the factory disarm wire neg input. It's required to deactivate when installing an aftermarket keyless. I did not have to use it for the remote start when using the pats...
  15. S

2002 4.6L Explorer Rear Defrost

can't hear anything by the fuse box... is there a relay there for the rear defrost? One more thing, the side mirrors don't defrost either... the owners manual say they activate with the rear defrost, thanks for the help!
  16. S

2002 eddie baur v8 wire diagram

Can someone please post the wire diagram for 3-plug security module located behind the passenger rear panel in front of the factory sub box? I'm actually looking for the wire that disarms and rearms that box. Better yet, if there's a way to disconnect it completely and retain that locks even...
  17. S

Hello minnesota

I'm in! If it's on the weekend I need a couple weeks notice to see if I can get off work that day. Usually I have Tues-Wed off during the week. I'll bring drinks!
  18. S

Hello minnesota

Where are you located? Perhaps we could kick off something based on your invite? Most clubs will meet about once a month I've found. And based on size combine with other clubs and do regional stuff once or twice a year. Guess we're small enough to plan what ever we want without too much...
  19. S

tach wire for remote starters

Do you remember the wire color you tapped? I plan to switch to tach sense also once I finally figure out the factory dis-arm issue I have when unlocking my doors by after-market remote!
  20. S

2002 4.6L Explorer Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Does the 2002 Explorer 4.6L have a fuel pressure regulator? If so, is there a part number or link to a place I could price it out? On occasion I've had to push in the gas to start it. Someone suggested a fuel pressure regulator; searching for one, nothing seems to come up? Same issue...
  21. S

Hello minnesota

Well, there are finally a couple more! I have been waiting to see if there are others interested in an afternoon get-together. It would be cool to start with at least 10 confirmed cars/people or more. It could be something as simple as a BBQ in a lot or at a local farm, etc. I know with...
  22. S

2002 4.6L V8 Eddie Baur Explorer dies at Idle

OK, here's a turn for the worse! I pushed the 4X4 button as I was going up this drive way. Suddenly, I gave the car gas but could not get any RPM's to go up... it felt like it wasn't getting any gas. I turned it off let it sit a minute then turned it on. It ran OK, then did the same thing...
  23. S

SmartKey Mod Idea...

I agree with the previous post... get a remote start... plus, get some actuators, shave the door handles, install some suicide door hinges with air lifts... and even better... your doors open at the touch of a button, and it start w/o a key too!
  24. S

infinity kappas

If your using your factory deck or using an aftermarket deck, it's the same as using an amp (just less power). Use the cross-over as shown or you'll damage those speakers.
  25. S

E-85

How can I find out if my explorer is flex fuel? I have an 02 eddie baur 4.6L? I'd like to try E85, there's a station near my house it's anywhere from 40-60 cents/gal cheaper on a given day. Plus, E85 is cleaner and runs at a higher octaine rating... all good news for me if I can use it. thanks!
Back