Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

1997 Explorer AWD issues

What could happen if you run it without the front shaft for a long time? if the v.c doesn't work correctly now, then worse that could happen is the v.c would seize which it's already doing. I've ran mine without a front shaft for 4-5 months at a time and it still works fine(except for the...
  2. H

in need of Catalytic Converter

Its not against the law were I live(Manitoba, Canada), but if it is were you live than I guess you cant get them from me then, sorry
  3. H

in need of Catalytic Converter

You still looking for cats? I may have a set that have been cut off a 5.0 explorer.
  4. H

CAUTION! AWD Front Drive Shaft Removal --Drifts in park.

I did the exact samething with removing my front shaft and it work well for summer months and winter I put the shaft back in, during the summer I pull a camper trailer with no adverse effects on the viscous clutch. your bumping is probably your rear drive shaft slip yoke, lube it and your on...
  5. H

which blend door is the right one?

Ive got a "98 explorer with eatc, I have a broken blend door and before I start cutting my heater box I want to make sure I have the right door. I have one from napa(part#660-1810) is that the right one? or is a manual a/c blend door the same as an automatic a/c blend door, napa didn't give me a...
  6. H

How to: Quick and Easy 2nd gen Blend Door Replacement Tutorial

I've read this forum over and over again, but I have a '98 explorer with eatc and the blend door is broken. before I start cuting my heater box I want to know if the blend doors are the same with man or auto a/c? I know the actuators are different but are the blend doors different? if they are...
  7. H

the right blend door?

i've read the forums twice already, I know the actuators are different from man/auto but are the blend doors different. What part# is everyone using for eatc? thanx
  8. H

the right blend door?

I have 1998 explorer with auto a/c that needs a new blend door, so I picked one up at napa(part#bk6601810). are the blend doors the same auto/man? I just want to make sure I have the right part before I start cutting. If they are different, were do I get one for an auto a/c?
  9. H

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Sorry, the part I have from napa#bk6601810. is it the right one for auto a/c?
  10. H

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

My explorer has auto air and it needs a new temp door, is the temp door from a manual a/c and automatic a/c the same. If not where do I get one for auto a/c?
  11. H

auto temp control innoperative

im having trouble with my auto temp control, ive done the whole blend door mod thing witch gets me by for now and it does not feel like broken door and it sure would be nice to control the temp again, ive already tried a new blend door actuator but it still does not work. the code it gives me...
  12. H

Message Centre & EATC conversion kit

how much for just the a/c control? and how to ship to canada?
  13. H

98-01 AWD shafts and t-case + random parts

still have the transfer case? if so, did it bind when taking corners?
  14. H

I think it's the A4LD blues?

i used to have a 1991 explorer that shifted the same way your does, i drove for 2 years that way no problem. there is a ford tsb# for that concern, i just cant remember what the number is. I work at a ford dealership, if you are interested i can check that out for you. I always knew when to let...
  15. H

b4404-b4406 swap?

I have 4406 manual shift transfer case from 1988 f-150, i was wondering if that would fit my 1998 5.0 explorer awd with a little work.
  16. H

name this part!

It looks like a broken spring for you belt tensioner?
  17. H

2001 V8 AWD front end noise upon acceleration

if you accelerate and it whines and quits on deceleration it will probably be a crown and pinion gear. if it has a constant whine it will probably be bearings, i work at a dealership and it seems that since ford went to synthetic gear oil there has been problems. you would not believe how many...
  18. H

Looking for where to buy kleenex juniors? Check this out...

Have you tried your ford dealership? I work at a ford dealership and we stock them.
  19. H

EGR Tube Replacement (98 5.0L)

I just did mine today! the best to do it is to cut the pipe as short as you can on the manifold side and then spray with lots of penatrating fluid. You can then put a 1 1/16 deep socket on it with a extension and break it loose with a long ratchet. For the egr side I used a 1 1/16 wrench(it will...
  20. H

I'm with teklenmax on this one, I have driven with no front drive shaft for 2-3 weeks now and it does creep in park(trust me)! apply those emergancy brakes guys!
  21. H

I'd have to agree with sonic67, i've had mine remove now for 1 week and I have not noticed anything bad(but it feels better in sharp corners!)
  22. H

Stumbling/Missing After Getting Stuck

my transfercase is not working normaly now(binds when turning and warm) either, I'm ok with just 2wd for now. I want to save my tires and gas, they squeel in tight corner and it's hard on the front driveline. I love the truck but not the binding!
  23. H

Stumbling/Missing After Getting Stuck

you removed your front shaft? how long did have it off? i'm thinking of removing mine too(because of binding when taking a sharp corner). But I wouldn't mind putting it back on for winter. does it still drive well with the front drive shaft removed? did you have the park "creep" concern?
  24. H

Thanks cdw621r, that's my thinking too! So if I would remove the frt shaft I still get 100% power to the rear wheels? I like awd but I don't need the extra wear on the tires and front drivline!
  25. H

I've been thinking of removing my front driveshaft due to some binding when taking sharp corners. My question is, is the park gear not holding the only thing that is not going to work correctly? I will still have "full" 2wd right? If I want awd for winter can't I just throw frt drivshaft back...
Back