Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Remote start problem

So I used forscan to enable remote start, oem key, and good switch, and remote start worked fine... for about a week. Now all it does is honk the horn, and doesn’t start. Anyone else have this issue an know how to fix it?
  2. P

Been a long time!

I have another question, on the gas cap and rear sticker say flex fuel, however my manual says Do not add e85. So which is it?
  3. P

Leak issue?

found water in the rear passenger cubby by the hatch today after a hard rain. I checked all holes, all stripping, and even the rear wiper fluid tube, no leaks. I’m lost. Anyone else have these issues?
  4. P

P2196 and P2198...what to check

The tool I have does not do freeze frame, I’ll just drive it easy until I can take it to the shop Monday.
  5. P

P2196 and P2198...what to check

had A CEL come on today, pulled the codes: P0430 x2, not sure why it showed it twice P2196 P2198 All seem to link to catalytic converters failure, fuel injector issue, or exhaust leak. Does anyone else have any input on the matter?
  6. P

Remote lock issues

Figured it out, was a unit behind the usb/aux panel I took off. I didn’t take it off and plug it back in :banghead:
  7. P

Remote lock issues

I cannot find a fuse designated to the keyless entry???
  8. P

Remote lock issues

my keyless entry worked fine earlier today. I installed a center console, and only wired up the Aux and power, and now my keyless entry will not work??? WTH? I highly doubt the key fob battery died. :dunno:
  9. P

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

Just got my center console installed, would like to see some pics of people who filled the shifter slot. Need some ideas
  10. P

Do you have pictures of you making it?
  11. P

So does anyone have the 3D print file for the gear selector hole? I would love to find it.
  12. P

Been a long time!

Try living in a valley in southern Indiana. There are 12 country stations, and 1-maybe 2 rock stations if I’m in the right spot lol
  13. P

Rear view Camera

I see that FLVP mods can activate the rear camera for the 4.2” screen, my question is, if I buy an oem camera, is the wire harness still there in the rear gate?
  14. P

Been a long time!

Thanks for all the info. Just drove it home, already has keyless entry, and Aux in, however horn, auto lights, and honk confirmation on fob lock is disabled. And no Sirius access. So next I need to get forscan, and start unlocking things!
  15. P

Been a long time!

Hello!!!! Well I’ve member since 2007, but was last active 2011! Whew! Anyways... I’m buying a 2013 PIU tomorrow, and will have tons of questions, and I already read all the threads. However have a few questions: 1. Where is the best place to get a tune, or is it even necessary? 2. How/what...
  16. P

2000 transmission issues

Like a good boy, I used the search, and found it does in fact have the 5r55e transmission. I will start looking from there :)
  17. P

2000 transmission issues

let me correct that, it goes into drive just fine, just would not go forward unless i dropped it into 1st, and then it would go. but now it is going just fine, just have to give it alot of gas to get it to go and sorry i put this in the wrong subforum, probably needs to be moved. also does...
  18. P

2000 transmission issues

The engine is fine, the transmission was having issues with going into drive for a while, then this happend, fluids are fine, how ever it is leaking, I drove it the other day and had smoke coming up from where it was dripping on the exhaust. and it has 175,000 miles, and no CEL, or codes being...
  19. P

2000 transmission issues

Quick question, my girlfriend owns a 2000 explorer OHV, and when put in drive, it slowly goes forward, it takes over throttling to get it to a decent speed. If this was a manual I would say the clutch is going out. Now I don't know anything about auto transmissions, and it appears to be leaking...
  20. P

ST Problems

So I know its been a while since ive posted, but anyways here is the rundown of problems of my Trac and any advice will be helpful. 1: my ST tranny started slipping about 4 months ago, nothing serious, so today it was, and then my o/d started flashing :( Great, so maybe a flush might help...
  21. P

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

I think if My conversion is right 305x.70x2/12 = a 35in tire. I just bought 265x75 16 and they rub my inner back fender on sharp corners, just because I had a wreck. My body lift will be in this week and I plan on going back and getting the 285's or if they have something bigger :)
  22. P

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Superlift-256027.htm Just found this, claims a 4in lift in the rear. Anyone heard or tried it?
  23. P

ATTN: L'ville Meet 2010!!!

Bump, and hope to see you there!
  24. P

My 99 Sport has a cold radiator.

wow thanks for the info. I think, according to the diagram I think I know now why my Heat will only work (just started this winter) when I start driving. I noticed when I was driving this morning my truck overheated ALOT then the thermostat released and went back to normal. Needs a Radiator...
  25. P

ATTN: L'ville Meet 2010!!!

Head over to the sport trac board at http://www.mysporttrac.com For updates for a weekend chosen. Hope to see alot of you there! :salute: Since I live pretty close I think I will help find a hotel and get some rsvp's set just let me know if your in!!!
Back