Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Quick Question: What Tranny???

Okay, so what are the differences between the the A4ld and the 4r70w trannys? Can they be interchangeable? Could the 4r70w mount up to a mustang 302 like an a4ld can? Also, I was asking $250 on a local mustang site for the intakes. I have an offer of $225.00 right now for it. Act fast if...
  2. X

Quick Question: What Tranny???

I parted out my Explorer and came to a stump. DOes the 5.0 have an A4LD or 4R70W auto transmission? I searched around a bit but I have dial up right now and it takes forever. Quick response would be very helpful. Thanks guys...
  3. X

Help Me Pick a New Car..

I basically choose between: Older, fully loaded, nicer car or I get like a 93 Coupe and go fast With the SC, then i get comfortable and could make it quick if i wanted to
  4. X

Help Me Pick a New Car..

Eh, I think my time with an Explorer is over. It was the only car I have ever driven. I had it the day I turned 16 and now I am just about 19. Not too long, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I love the Explorer, it had finally gotten to the point that I liked it. I was fast, as an Explorer...
  5. X

Help Me Pick a New Car..

I've always wanted a 5.0 Stang but I've decided I want something that is comfortable and that I can drive for awhile. That thing only have 56,000 miles on it and looks clean as hell. Plus, I really don't want anything that I am going to really really want to make fast as hell. The Supercoupe...
  6. X

Help Me Pick a New Car..

Well, since I didn't have full coverage on my Explorer when I totaled it I am now in the market for a used, cheap ($2500-$6000) vehicle that has the ability to get out of it's own way, but is comfortable to drive. I have come across a 1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe and was wondering what you guys...
  7. X

THE EXPLORER IS NO MORE :(

send money...:)
  8. X

When everything was happening it was like it took forever to stop moving. I kept my eyes open the whole time and just watched the ground go upside down and back again.
  9. X

17 inch wheels, what size tires?

275/55/17 for streetmode. Nice fat footprint all around, and with some nice rims looks damn good. That is what I had on my explorer, and it was lowered and had no rubbing issues.
  10. X

Yea guys, it was crazy. Everything seemed slow motion.
  11. X

Alright, I have the pics I need someone to host my pics, I can't figure out the way to let others view my yahoo albums with out e-mail addresses. I also have stuff for sale on the FS/T/W forum...
  12. X

SMASHED THE EXPLORER..PICS UP NOW Well, driving down near the Lake Travis on Saturday with a buddy of mine, on a slick strech of road I spun out backwards, hit a ditch, a hill, and she went head over heels. I rolled it once and landed back on wheels. She's totaled and I have some stuff for...
  13. X

255/70 vs. 275/65

I have 275/55/17s and they don't rub :) I also am lowered and 4-door, dunno if that makes a difference
  14. X

Check out my mods...finally got pics

suprised your still alive sportin the confederate flag like that in NY. Some people never change
  15. X

Americans just take the p*ss!!

I don't care what anyone says, that **** is awsome.
  16. X

Hydroxy is LOWERED!!!

I really like your ride man. Only suggestion is to get that front bumper all lined up, i have the same kind of gap in mine, but mine has been hit. BTW, I've caught the guy that did the hit 'n' run to my Explorer and now i am getting a 99-00 bumper/fogs painted True Blue to match the rest of...
  17. X

High milage explorers?

i just hit 160,000 on my 5.0. The best part is that it has only needed regular maintenence. Other than the performance mods i have done to the motor, everything is stock and the original ones. Motor, Tranny, Diffy, body, everything is original and runs like a champ....
  18. X

Engine swap: v6 to v8

I ran a 13.92 at 101 at Seguine. Port 'N' Polished Heads Upper and Lower Intakes are Port Matched E-Cam 1.6 Roller Rockers 4.10s Headers w/ 3" exaust Cold Air upgraded MAS and TB Drag Radials Apten Chip retuned by Motion Dynamics in Austin Fresh Zaino 125 Shot of NX POWER...
  19. X

My first video. Check it out!!

I have a dumped Flowmaster 50 and I love the way it sounds. Also, how did you manage to get up to 5500-6000 RPMs?
  20. X

more 01+ altezza tails

I just don't see how anyone can justify spending $250.00 on a pair of ugly lights. There are just so many other things one could do with the money. But to all their own, it's not my money.
  21. X

NEW PICS!! Rollpan, 18's EE airdam

The truck looks amazing but I do have one thing that would to me, change a lot only because mine is the same way. Try to adjust the bumper so that there is no gap in between the bumper and the body. It's no big deal really, just a cosmetic thing and some pushin and tuggin. Are you gunna...
  22. X

who said stock x's were slow?

Oh, she for sure will get up there. I've got a few things to help her out a little bit
  23. X

who said stock x's were slow?

I've hit about 125 mph in mine. With the 4.10s the top end doesn't pull like 0-100. Also, how much is Dan sellin that setup for? Hmmm...charger or continue on with the 125-shot? Decisions Desicions... Also, kinda off topic, but does ford make True Blue Explorers in any year? If not, then...
  24. X

Picking Up 302 on Thursday

A 302 bored 30 over would be a 306. Not tryin to nag on ya, just for future reference. Also, if you are unsure of the quality of the previous work on it, then it is always a good idea to take her apart, replace what needs it, make sure everything is torqued correctly and then let her rip...
  25. X

Diffys on a 91?

I was wondering if I had a set of FMS gears for an 8.8, would they fit the front and rear diffys on a 91?
Back