Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

***Solved*** No power windows / dome lights / wipers / rear defrost

Wipers are going out on mine too. And I apologize for hitchhiking the thread here, I'll try to keep relevant. My partial list again: Dome lights Wipers Under hood light Power Windows (locks work IIRC) 4X4 When it faults again I'll get a better list. Like I should check the radio too. I don't...
  2. D

So that affects the 4x4 system how?
  3. D

Toby mine is not resolved yet either. Wet days, periods of non use seem to make it fault. Dry days no problem.
  4. D

Standard IRS vs. AdvanceTrac compatibility

Excellent job my friend! Always good to see a member put one in the win column. Nice summary too, will be useful to many I have no doubt.
  5. D

Best price on a TCC solenoid for 5R55E 4WD

Transmissionpartsusa is a good one stop for transmission parts.
  6. D

How to replace front map lights

Pull the entire unit down...it has metal friction clips. Afterwards some screws have to be removed and basically you access everything from the back.
  7. D

Gots me a V8

That is nice, it looks just my 2005 EB! Rancho Quick Lift x 4, camber kits, 31" tire, SCT X4 tuned 💪
  8. D

Yes, I apologize that does not apply to your model. Anyway, I haven't worked on this one here yet, but what I know is the power saver works, but won't turn back on normally. So far all I've done is jiggle relays, which has reset the power.
  9. D

Check the under hood lamp. It normally doesn't turn off with the domes. I didn't get much time to work on this yesterday...did disconnect the battery and everything came back on for half a second when I reconnected it.
  10. D

You should check out the relay situation...I'm dealing with one RIGHT NOW exactly same symptoms. I don't have my book in front of me, but I for some reason am thinking power saver relay...near the throttle pedal.
  11. D

Symptoms of a skipped timing chain 4.0 SOHC

I can't be much help, because my situation was a little different. That said, I skipped one tooth on the left bank camshaft gear. I know this for a couple reasons: first I smelled oil and the idle became a wee bit rough...the chain as it skipped a tooth, popped a quarter sized hole in the valve...
  12. D

First check the fuse, there is one near the door hinges and that protects power windows, domes, and 4x4 clutch. Also there are a plethora of hidden relay boxes in an Explorer, above the throttle pedal those in there will also do what you describe. For checking wiring I highly recommend a Ford...
  13. D

Need Advice - Repair or Scrap?

Thank you for the update, Erich. Hope all is going well.
  14. D

Absolutely. Still not enough information here. Don't give up yet OP.
  15. D

I understand that, for this engine to work on cylinder heads and timing there is a special timing tool kit. Generally an engine out procedure to do the passenger side.
  16. D

Only one way I could advise keeping it: if you are a good mechanic with tools. And then I personally would aquire a second Explorer and use the one you have for parts or vice versa. It is a sticky wicket, with the amount you have invested... BUT I don't recall the diagnostic code being mentioned...
  17. D

Side step Runners

Aftermarket tubular type are readily available, if that would be a suitable alternative.
  18. D

Throttle body humming

I have the same model year, and I don't recall the throttle body making much noise... that year is throttle-by-wire so there is a servo of some type in there...
  19. D

Throttle body humming

Were all of those components faulty, or just replaced due to age? Do you have any codes? Have the fuses been checked? Is the battery strong? Just wondering if you have any more information, it's not a lot to go on.
  20. D

Aerodynamic Fuel Saver or Mileage Killer?

It looks excellent 👍
  21. D

It served it's primary purpose, which was to remove some money from the consumer's pocket and put it in theirs.
  22. D

Did the Saleen Explorer come with a similar wing?
  23. D

Standard IRS vs. AdvanceTrac compatibility

@CallMeSyd had a related thread going a few weeks ago. Reading the posts there one would tend to believe the tone ring is doable. If you can build a differential (gauges, shimming, preload, crush sleeve, etc.) you should be fine. And of course remove the plastic dummy cap and put your sensor...
  24. D

1999 Explorer Axle Shaft Replacement

LOL my neighbor's GMC is like that... since the '80s!!! 🛠️
Back