Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SoFlaLivin

New 2002 Sport Trac

One of my customers wants to trade Pool work for his 02 sport trac with 220k miles guides need to be done the right timing tensioner was put on super tight it won't budge, can it be removed with an impact or ??.
  2. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

The first compression test was done with a very old tester , went to Autozone got a loaner all 3 cylinders read 158 - 160
  3. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

You can go back home to Maine now, they will pay for your Transition into a major A Hole ....
  4. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

1= 135 2= 135 3=130 ish I put a ballon on hose turned crank till ballon began to inflate then I positioned it at 0 harmonic balancer took the drivers valve cover off cause that side was in shade. Mark I put on cam was perfect. I'll try and do other side later or in morning Covid is kicking ass...
  5. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

200k it starts up , jumps around . sounds strong when I give it gas . I'll do a compression on right side in morning
  6. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

chains and guide are new 0 miles
  7. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

So the timing on the right cam is off . I just got the tools . gonna try it with tools . I will remove tensioner , sprocket bolt . My question is will I be able to rotate cam into place once I get TDC on compression stroke . if not any ideas ? I have vise grips , pipe wrenches etc.... Thanks Again
  8. SoFlaLivin

Right camshaft

Nevermind.... found answer Thanks in Advance
  9. SoFlaLivin

Slide trans back

Its been awhile since last post .. You were right about the exhaust . started in Jan . pulled the trans and transfer case together , did rear guide then the front chains and guides . the rear guide was cracked but the front was good , did it any way .Took off balance shaft chain, This was my...
  10. SoFlaLivin

Jack shaft rear bolt

will the front jack shaft bolt hold the rear bolt to remove it
  11. SoFlaLivin

Rear Timing Guide

2002 ford sport trac 4.0 been trying to install rear guide will not slide in place . No broken pieces in there . gets close but not close enough by about 1/4 inch. Any ideas... Thanks.... Or has anybody known issues mixing guides to different gears and chains ? from different manufacturing . I...
  12. SoFlaLivin

Any tips on replacing transmission pan gasket?

I use a 3/8 ratchet lightly coat pan where gasket goes with wheel bearing grease lay down gasket then apply again . use one hand only till bolts are snug . Been doing that for 50 years.
  13. SoFlaLivin

Slide trans back

do you think I can slide it back 4-5 inches with Y pipe installed
  14. SoFlaLivin

Slide trans back

Want to slide back transmission with transfer case . With motorcycle jack , anybody done this and was jack vertical or horizontal to trans. Also not dropping Y pipe. Your thoughts… thanks in advance
  15. SoFlaLivin

2002 SPORT TRAC removed intake there's 2 freeze plugs there also knock sensor seems like there's water there maybe knock sensor ?

installed aluminum housing . those freeze plugs do they have coolant behind em ? This block at the drivers back has what looks like a triangle with 3 bolt holes for maybe a thermostat . maybe changed mind ... anyway thinking should I replace ? Truck has 200k change knock sensor ?. In the...
  16. SoFlaLivin

Preoiler vs Start up method

Was looking at this video
  17. SoFlaLivin

Preoiler vs Start up method

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 211k so far everything's great . I'm thinking of Preoiler vs Start up method , The start up method accomplishes the same as PreOiler Why would anyone spend $$$ when the start up is Free Thanks in advance
  18. SoFlaLivin

How to: SOHC V6 Rear Cassette Replacement

I didn't use the tool kit , even with the tool it can still move . I made marks with an ice pick on both cams and timing marks , remember as soon as you loosen up the front jack shaft bolt the left cam will move but if you have it marked your ok . Buy the parts from Ford don't waste your time...
  19. SoFlaLivin

Help Please

does anyone have any pics of vacuum lines 01 4.0 sohc preferably red thanks in advance
  20. SoFlaLivin

Help Please

it goes from the intake to fuel pressure regulator at end of fuel rail but where does the other end go
  21. SoFlaLivin

Help Please

just finishing re installing engine back from replacing timing chains , but have no clue to where this was connected . thanks in advance
  22. SoFlaLivin

timing chain replacement on 4.0 liter sohc

Fedex should bring the parts for the front on friday the 13th , lol . My ??? to you is once every thing is installed and torqued can i then put the cover back on or do i need it off to do the rear ? BTW, do know the torque spec's for jackshaft bolt and cam bolt Thanks again
  23. SoFlaLivin

There is actually a couple of web sites that offer thr purchase of otc tools single new or used... Thanks for your time .... You've been a great help !!!!.
  24. SoFlaLivin

Yes the hydraulic/spring tensioner ? should i get otc 6480 and 6481 to hold cam while installing new parts or will they hold when i remove the tension on LH ... I had marks on the crank sprocket to jackshaft sprocket , then from lh cam to cam sprocket ... TDC # 1 piston dead top on compression ...
Back