Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Low Power, No Acceleration, Top Speed 55mph, Top RPM 3000, Low Idle 600rpm

I've always tried to keep miles close - old wives tale maybe ? - I don't know about testing - I just told my yard that if it didn't work - I'd bring it back for a refund - and they were cool. I think my daughter fried hers due to other issues - bad battery ground cable - transmission issues -...
  2. Y

bad ECM Look in the junkyard for a comparable mile replacement. Mine cost $40 after days at the mechanic and countless sensor replacements and cleanings....
  3. Y

Anyone used SeaFoam or TransX transmission conditioner?

Isn't a little bit like VooDoo? :) I've purchased the Big Bottle of Lucas fuel treatment - and feel like after the first two applications - the rest is probably better left on the shelf until the next time my mpg starts slipping - or I know that I got a bad tank of gas. The SeaFoam chemists...
  4. Y

Starter won't disengage

so I figured out that my loose wires all went on the same post. the old starter and the "click" were probably bad cable (ground). At least it has a new starter and solid cables now. Next up a ball joint on the passenger side. F.O.R.D.
  5. Y

Pos Battery Cable Repalce, No Go

hope you still get email - this is the same problem Please don't stop now. I'm right here at the same problem. I posted pics on my other post. What's the solution? I haven't replaced the stock cable yet, but the symptom is the same. Start with only one wire connected, battery draining, if...
  6. Y

Starter won't disengage

and if the starter relay in the pics looks new, it's because it is new. $30 from NAPA.
  7. Y

Starter won't disengage

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wxsports/8270354299/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/wxsports/8270358543/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/wxsports/8271419222/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/wxsports/8271419360/in/photostream
  8. Y

Starter won't disengage

Need help mine is starting - but not disengaging So If I touch the "disconnected" wire to the starter relay on the sidewall, the new starter, installed because the bendix bearings sounded bad, tested bad, won't disengage. As is, it now starts and runs ok - a few surges, etc. but...
  9. Y

Sudden intermittent power loss

1993 Clean One Owner - ran fine until the transmission blew - replaced - and then the dreaded "safe mode" issue. Started last Fall when the temps changed. Unable to back up on any slight inclined - 500 yards later - it was as if the non existent turbo would kick in...So I tried replacing all...
  10. Y

93 Explorer: intermittent low power, surges

hoping for your solution I have the exact same problem. Replaced any sensor I could find under the hood - still nothing. How did you fix yours? I got tired of throwing parts at it - tried everything from the hints on here, drove it downhill to my mechanic - and it took him about two weeks...
  11. Y

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

great pics After replacing the window motor "hockey pucks" and finding out that the bozos left a dimple that I had to drill to find the missing bolt, I no longer fear the cut and paste method of auto repair. BTW my son's 1998 Honda Civic has a neat cutout in place over the pump. Same idea...
  12. Y

Is there a chance that the cats would free up once the engine heats up? I've replaced all of the top of engine sensors in my 1993 - MAF, HEAT, IAC, ABC, DEF, FCK IT, etc.... and it still won't accelerate - until the temp gauge shows some heat - and then it's like a turbo kicks in and it's good...
  13. Y

Anyone used SeaFoam or TransX transmission conditioner?

This popped up when I searched about the SeaFoam Transmission juice. Can I tell you that it saved my Son's Nissan 300ZX? The transmission leaked off and on for the past 5 years. It got to the point where reverse was a crap shoot. He borrowed my truck to move to college and I got the Z for a...
  14. Y

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

I played with the motor - bought another one at the junkyard - and finally spent $100 at Checker/o'Reilly - maybe it was a defeat - but for 20 minutes worth of work -after two days of "rebuilding" - I was glad for the limited lifetime warranty that came from Checker.
  15. Y

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

great job! thanks a million! Without this post - I would have never found that third screw. I was about 5 minutes from drilling out the rivets - when I decided to check here! I had the motor out in 10 minutes - clip off - I had to "bend" the cover up because the fourth screw was a rivet...
  16. Y

'99 E350 HVAC blower motor

did you swap out the switch? I replaced two or three on my Club Wagon - I went with a heavy duty toggle switch. I went high only - a little bit noisier in Summer with the A/C but always nice in Winter. I found a bare spot in the plastic and drilled the hole, connected the stock wires and it...
  17. Y

need help with 94 explorer

94 Exploder - Thanks for the tips already read! I'm off to look/replace the blower motor resistor. I'm already planning on replacing the rusted out sections by the back doors with weld on parts talked about here! Our ploder was parked in a garage for two or three years - book store delivery...
Back