Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

if yours is a 97 with the 5.0 and 4404 awd transfer case i have a front driveshaft with the neapco adapter already installed........
  2. P

whats the widest tire i can fit?

Just re-reading some of my threads and i never answered you! lol sorry, i installed both lifts but i would have to say the body lift was slightly more labor intensive. Only because i love doing suspension work maybe.....but i didnt go for the superlift shaft, it just seemed grossly overpriced...
  3. P

4406 front output shaft end play

Yea at about 25-45 it sounds like a 4.0 sohc that is about to wing the cam tensioners out of it lol....the only way to change the front seal would be to split the case too,mines not leaking but a snap ring on the inside holds the front output in..I cant remember what kept the end play correct...
  4. P

4406 front output shaft end play

Well recently ive been having a driveline vibration, but until today no noise. Well it turned into a ping noise when below 60 and goes away only when on the gas in 4x4. The front output shaft has a considerable amount of in and out play...just wanted to throw it up on here to see if anyones had...
  5. P

Hunter Grill Guard Installed - 98 XLT

i have the same one on my mounty since 2007, and it still looks good today, even despite hitting a deer at 45 mph. my only tip would be to take care of the bolts, which like to rust.... saved my whole front end im sure of it, you can even see where his antler hit the top of the right headlight...
  6. P

AC blows on floor when on "face" setting

there is going to be some air to everywhere all the time the mode doors have foam sticky taped to them so it can only seal so well. As trucks get older the foam can come off and then alot of air can get by all the time.... if it isnt alot of air (when i mean alot i mean like feet feels the same...
  7. P

2003 Mercury Mountaineer. ABS problem.

all i got out of that was waaaaaaa,uh,waaaaaaaaaa!!!.. go buy your prius and put a flower sticker on the back window...ford happens to have the best selling truck for 34 straight years, no chopstick made truck can touch that!
  8. P

turning is normal no rub lock to lock... i did have to trim more than i had already with just the 33s and a body lift. so yes if you are putting these on a freshly lifted truck that has no trimming, you'll need to do some fairly extensive trimming to fit em, mainly because they are 14.50 wide...
  9. P

little dirty and dont mind the crooked bumper, one of the nuts is loose...;) clearance is about an inch to the upper control arm, no rubbing, they howl like a pack of wolves, and look BADASS! :D
  10. P

juuuuust a little teaser......puttin em on tommorow..
  11. P

XLT or NBX

pm me your vin and i can run it....
  12. P

Hole - e moly

Look on the tag on your rear end....and hope nobody swapped the gears
  13. P

Yea, the tires will be more weight, but it will be more over the hub vs the whole wheel and tire outside it with insane leverage... I went through 2 sets of hubs in 6 months with the spacers on the 8'' s, after switching to the 10'' I haven't replaced a single one
  14. P

Yea I appreciate all feedback, I just said that because I still have the 8'' rims...
  15. P

No doubt the tires will go on the 10s, and if you read up I talk about how the spacers killed my hubs, but in case they wont fit the spacers will get me home from the shop....it will defiantly be cl ose.....
  16. P

thats exactly what i was lookin for! im on 3'' body 4'' superlift, aal on superlift springs, shackles and slight tt....we'll call this a before pic(before aal) (when i had 15x8s) but as soon as the tax refund comes in im going to stimulate the economy a bit on some 35x 14.50s and have the wheel...
  17. P

hey i was wondering what the width was on the mud grapplers in the pic you posted in the sport...

hey i was wondering what the width was on the mud grapplers in the pic you posted in the sport trac section? were they 12.50s? or 14.50
  18. P

Hole - e moly

make sure your tires are the same size.........seen one explode like that on a 3rd gen
  19. P

yea and let me tell you, when i ran a 15x8 4 in bs rim and a 1.5'' wheel spacer i had 4 catastrophic hub failures months apart! since moving to a 10'' rim no problems...im just weary because of the side lugs on the grapplers and nowhere does it specify the actual "tread width". because say the...
  20. P

this is the clearance to the superlift knuckle with 33x12.50 mud rovers think i could fit another inch of mud grappler on that side? lol?
  21. P

yea im not worried about the body that can be clearanced :hammer: but i am concerned with the space ill have to the knuckle.....ill snap a pic today and post it up
  22. P

extended rear sway bar links

use the stock ones? pivot the bar up and connect.. your welcome
  23. P

Cylinder Misfire - Tried everything I can think of?

might be worth having the dealer check it out... there is a pcm reprogram for various things- cold start issues included. If it doesnt already have the latest calibration...
  24. P

Can't decide - brush guard or bull bar?

http://www.truckgeardirect.com/?ITEMID=GF-803 hunter brush guard, had mine for 3 years, hit a deer with it at 45 mph and no damage to front end.. you wont regret the $250 spent..the quality is spot on as well
Back