Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Sun Visor Disassembly

The pin thickness measures: 2.4mm Metal coat hanger: 2.2mm Cut a short bit of coat hanger: 4" Use a hammer, or some hard/solid mass, to tap the pin through the first two loops. Then pull the plastic barrel off After that I pulled the pin out the topside with needle nose pliers. Its a bit...
  2. P

Sun Visor Disassembly

This is the one. There is a metal pin that runs through two loops per flap, kinda locks that corner together. This is the first side. I managed to somehow get the pin out of the first two loops, and broke one of the the other set. I tried to do the same to the other side but cant seem to get...
  3. P

Sun Visor Disassembly

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/video-how-to-replace-sun-visor-skin.390410/ I was going to Necro the post to get Dano!'s attention. The video is set to private. Decided to just post a new one. I want to know the "trick" to getting the pin out of bar where you unclip the visor to...
  4. P

My rear bumper with swingout tire carrier

A+ work. What did the bumber/swing out parts cost? (hope its not in the thread, I haven't read it all yet :P)
  5. P

2001 ford explorer sport 4.0 SOHC

There is a post on here somewhere about cleaning the MAF (tech tip from snap-on) with a q-tip and denatured alcohol. I used a q-tip and MAF sensor spray. Smoothed out the idle and brought fuel trims down. IAC cleaning post 104 has "some" voltages for IAC Tech tip for cleaning MAF
  6. P

How did you clean the MAF sensor
  7. P

Milage and Yr

Working on a 2001 with 159k Had 1 inch of sludge under the valve covers when the rear timing chain guide failed. Looks to have been poorly maintained. Put in a VERY clean motor for an 02 with 62k. odo will turn 200k plus for sure :)
  8. P

p0172 p0174

Also, does anyone know how to get a "KOEO" or "KOER" "Self Test" started? If the codes come back, there are a few places in the trouble shooting that ask to run them.
  9. P

p0172 p0174

2001 Explorer Sport-Trac 4.0 vin:E Job1(built 01/00) P0175 set first then P0172 (Bank 2 fuel system rich, Bank 1 fuel system rich) _________________ Freeze frame data code set p0175 ECT 194°F STFTB1 -4.7% LTFTB1 -24.2% STFTB2 -9.4% LTFTB2 -23.4% _________________ KOEO (key on engine off)...
  10. P

If its bogging down under load, try pulling the exhaust apart between the manifolds and the main cat. Check all the cats for clogging or melting. Pain in the butt to get to the pass side bolts, comes out easy enough without jacking it up. But Check fuel pressure first, a lot easier!
  11. P

Dusy Ershim Trail labor day weekend 2012

Pictures are. Not the video on their wall.
  12. P

2001 Job 1 Sport Trac fuses and relays

Thx for the pics! :)
  13. P

Fuel pressure too high? Pressure Regulator?

30-65 looks wack to me but im only worried about max. I have seen more then one post stating fuel pressure of 72psi is normal. So I went to alldata because I have been using it for 6 years. I got fuel pressures for 2000-2002 and the 00 01 look like a scan from Ford covering all motors (car and...
  14. P

Dusy Ershim Trail labor day weekend 2012

Awesome rigs :thumbsup: The red lake video is :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: I need to get some rub rails, so I don't F up my tub. I'd love to run with you guys, don't know if I can make it to the Ershim Trail. Do you go on snow runs? Bald mountain is open year round, and I have heard of wheeling...
  15. P

Little much I think. Max pressure cold, unloaded I would say 35psi. Door sticker Spec is 30-32 (I think) Running too much pressure in your tires will wear out the middle of the tread faster. Running too low will wear out the inside AND outside tread faster.
  16. P

How to check your fuel pressure

Fuel Pressure for 2000 model year 2000* Ford Explorer Fuel pump specs Key Engine, Model, Part# (9F593), Connector color, Flow rate, Fuel system (Mechanical Returnless Fuel System), Pressure *These specs are for the 2000 model year I did not look up 99 (sorry) and 2001 spec are not the same...
  17. P

Specs from Alldata 2002 Ford Explorer sport-trac 4.0 vin:E "Fuel pressure 30-65 psi flow rate 24lbs/hr" "Includes USPS Explorer model"
  18. P

How to check your fuel pressure

I'm getting mixed information about fuel pressure ... I am working on a 2001 Explorer Sport-Trac 4.0 soch The Pressure tester manual (actron) stated 35-60psi for all 2001 explorers. Is there that much difference in the 2000 and 2001?
  19. P

The manual for the Fuel Pressure Tester Kit (by actron) states 35-60 psi for 2001 Explorer and sport-trac 4.0 vin E The vehicle I am working on has 70psi! I suspect the FPR in the tank.
  20. P

How to: Parking Brake Removal and Installation (with pictures)

I would consider that a hardware failure due to high mileage. I should have added that any time the rear brakes come off, it is a good time to inspect PB's. As a wheeler I tend to have my axles out a lot LOL As to the Mustang calipers, I believe the style uses the disc brake pads with a...
  21. P

It should be available at least through a junk yard. The bracket bolts to the axle behind the backing plate. currie sells the backing plate/caliper bracket/parking brakes as one whole assy :( but thats a little overkill
  22. P

Unless you drive with it on, this style (disc brake/drum parking brake) parking brake system should never need new shoes. Of course if the axle has come from a junk yard, or been in a wreck, or some hardware failure due to really high mileage, they may need to be replace. They shouldn't...
  23. P

Good info, nice pictures. Thanks, TJ project 8.8 is almost done
Back