Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2004 Explorer no heat

My 2004 has had no heat for about 4 years and I'm finally fed up and want to fix it. I've seen the videos of how to rig it manually pulling the lever down on the blend actuator to turn the heat on and it still blows no heat. What other areas could I check to see if there is a different cause for...
  2. M

Police SUV interceptor rims

Anyone know where I can find these? I seen them on alot of Police Chargers to
  3. M

HOW to remove front and back bumper?

Well I am going to get my ugly grey front and back bumper painted black to match my car. A buddy of mine has a shop. He said if i can remove it by myself and just bring the pieces up there that it can really help decrease the price of everything. So I just need to know how to remove them...
  4. M

Stock alternator

I have a 2004 ford explorer xls v6 4.0 liter engine. Does anybody know what the stock alternator size is! Thanks I heard its 130 amps but just wanna make sure
  5. M

best way to paint this piece

Well I had to get my back windshield replace. The piece right under the windshield that is attached comes primered. Whats the best way to paint this? Should painting this piece but a not very hard mission? I dont feel like paying a shop lots of money if it can easily be done by myself. Just...
  6. M

where to mount ballast?

Ya well my new HID's came with the screw mounts so im not gonna be using the double sided tape to mount them. Wheres the best place i just spend like 30 minutes just lookin and tryin diffrent spots and i cant seem to find a good one
  7. M

HID question

Ok so I got my head lights re smoked my question is. If i get the bi beam (hi and low) HID kit. Is there an actual brightness diffrence between the low beam BULB or high beam bulb? Or is it just the location of the high beam makes it seem brighter but really is the same amount of wattage. I...
  8. M

smoked headlights

Ok so I just smoked my head lights using the pactra rc294 tint. First thing is it came out kinda purplish ( i dunno why) second thing i messed up and got some bad runs third thing i made them wayyy to dark. lol how can i remove the tint? i had already put clear over it already to
  9. M

Biggest tires for 22"

I plan on getting some 22". I have no intent of lowering or any other mods to make the rims fit. 265/35/r22 doesnt seem to fit the wheel well enough for me. This one X caught my eye with 285/45/r22. But alot to seems to say that a tire that big might cause problems. What size do you reccomend to...
  10. M

Windshield FIXEDD!

Ok So i got my windshield fixed it actually came with the hinges attached to it. I know there was a recall for the 2002/2003 hinges but not the 04. Now you think these new ones are built any better? i really dont want them to break again and im afraid to play my system thinking there gonna snap...
  11. M

BIG PROBLEM Rear windshield BROKE

Ya i was in the middle of fixing my hinges and gave it a try lifted the top portion of the glass and it started to fall tried pushing it back up and BAM shattered all over me its literally all gone. Any have to replace is before? And how much would this cost to fix? Now the glass is attached...
  12. M

My rear hinge broke problem

Well I posted before how my rear hinge had broke. So I ordered a new one. When I received it it didnt come with the screw. Then I came to realize "hey well technically the hinge is fine i just need a new screw" Now my other hinge broke the screw snapped in half and half is still stuck in the...
  13. M

removed roof racks

Whats the best way to cover the holes? Should I just go buy a replacement bolt from home depot to get it flush since if i use the originally ones they will be sticking up. Or should I use bondo or a similar substance to cover the holes?
  14. M

Big 3 Need Help

Ok so I know where to do the batt - to chassis and I know where to do the batt + to alternator. Now I am confused on finding an appropriate spot to do the engine block to chassis. I see bolts everywhere and I dont know if it would be the right one or not. I dont really wanna take a chance...
  15. M

How do people get 24's to fit?

I am thinking about getting 24's but whenever i got to look up tires for vehicle on sites the biggest that shows up is 22". How do you get 24's to fit? what bolt pattern do you need thanks!
  16. M

broke my windshield

Well the latch of my windshield. I read that there was a recall on that for 2004 ford explorers thats what I got. I will probably just fix myself. My question is how do I take the whole latch off?
  17. M

LED brake lights

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Bulbs-3157-Super-RED-57-LED-Lights-Turn-Signal-3357_W0QQitemZ190189014287QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190189014287 Are those replacement of the stock break lights? and does anyone know if they will be brighter? im pretty sure thats the right bulb size for a 2004
  18. M

lower billet grille

How do you install a lower billet grille? i got the top one in easy but VERY confused on the lower
  19. M

explorer fuse box where is it?

Well I know there is a fuse box under the hood. Now where is the fuse box that has the fuse for the radio? I think i blew my radio fuse. I remember in my civic the fuse box was right under the steering wheel area. Anyone know where it is on the explorer? FOUND IT now just which one is the...
  20. M

replacing HID bulb

Will any HID bulb work with any ballast? all the connectors look the same. Or wil l the ballast only power a perticular bulb. this is what i found...
  21. M

How to adjust your headlights?

How do you adjust the beam on your headlights i noticed my right sticks out farther then my left and its annoying the crap out of me! Also they are HID kits but i dont know if its the beam direction or if one HID bulb is bad. Cause also my left hid ballast doesnt buzz as loud as my right? But...
  22. M

tail lights and smoke tails

My tail lights are smoked pretty dark. Is there a way where I can get my lights back there brighter? Brakes, reverse and just normals lights on. Thanks!
  23. M

Tires size 285/45/R22

I wanna get some tires that size 285/45/r22. Will I expierence any rubbing? Will I need to make any modifications to make that size fit? Or will it just fit good?
  24. M

My HID install NEED OPINIONS! LOOK asap!

Well i dunno if this is the right part of the forum but i will start here cause im looking for as much advice as possibly. Well here is the story. I bought an HID kit. I know nothing about cars, so I was gonna get it installed professionally. The installed looked very simple, so I figured it be...
Back