Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rocker arm bolts

Thanks RobertFord and Anime.Rocker arms are attached and looking good.:thumbsup:
  2. S

Rocker arm bolts

My bad.You are correct I was thinking head bolt on turning them 90 degrees,But as far as the rocker arm bolt,I went to fastenal they had to order them.I wonder why the such a big difference between the 94 and 95 torque specs.At 94 the book was quoting 24 and the 95 was 46 to 52. Oh on the...
  3. S

Rocker arm bolts

Last night while putting on the rocker arms one of the bolts snapped on me.At 30ft lbs torque!The donor engine is a 95.Luckily when I heard the crack I stopped and backed it out.It came out all in one piece but was at the verge of breaking off:mad:The book calls for 46-52 ft lbs then turn 90...
  4. S

Flywheel to TC issues

Well after pulling the engine out twice,Triple checking everything was clean,God must have favored me!It went together just like before but this time I was able to snug everything up and still turn it over by hand.My only guess is the tc was just not seated in the Exact right position,And when I...
  5. S

Flywheel to TC issues

When I snug the bell housing up to the engine I can no longer turn it over by hand using the crankshaft pully in the front.When the bell housing bolts are loose I can hand turn the engine over.All the post I've read seem to say the TC is not fully seated....Going to repull and see if I can get...
  6. S

Flywheel to TC issues

sorry need to clarify.This is an automatic.The Trans and engine slide up together real easy and can turn over by hand.But when I go to snug up the tranny bolts thats when it stops turning by hand.Is this normal as I have pulled this thing out 3 different times and always ends with it not being...
  7. S

Flywheel to TC issues

Have a 92 Tranny and a 95 motor.Flywheel has 6 bolts same as old one.Problem is I can get the tranny less than the with of the flex plate before I cannot hand turn over he engine.Mind you the engine is in long block state with no heads.Is this normal? I tightened up the flywheel TC bolts before...
  8. S

Seating the Torque converter

I think I got it.The end of the snub that goes into the flywheel is measuring just under 9/16.Still don't like how "loose it feels".But the engine turns by hand so I am assuming its in. Thanks for the help!
  9. S

Old converter.I'm thinking Im getting hung up on the pump shaft but its hard to tell.It feels like its sliding all the way to the back but I have lateral play.Not much but something is telling me its needs to go back further.The only had to suck up about 1/4 inch.Mainly to get the dowels on the...
  10. S

Putting a new engine in my 92.Everything was going good until I had to turn the engine over to get the converter bolted onto the flywheel.It was stuck wouldn't budge.I read on here that it could be the CV wasn't seated.I loosened the engine from the tranny and could turn it over but would rather...
  11. S

oil pump drive shaft

Nevermind I found it!Just pop out the old one and replace.Don't have to worry about alignment
  12. S

oil pump drive shaft

I recently purchased a 95 engine that has a Cam shaft sensor on top of the Oil pump drive,My 92 does not have this.Is the Oil pump drive shaft interchangable?Seeing how my 92 explorer did not come with one.And if so is there any alignment that has to be done?
  13. S

Motor Swap

On the 95 it looks to have some thing electrical attached to it.A green and red wire was cut off this thing.
  14. S

Motor Swap

I am replacing my 92 motor with a 95.Got way to good a deal to pass up the motor.After the initial tear down.I noticed that in the rear of the engine it looks to be a mini distributor,Im assuming this is the Cam sensor.On 92 there is not one but a plug looking thing. Will I be able to swap...
  15. S

from head gasket to motor rebuild

Thinking of going with this kit Sealed power # MKP6261A-211 Just have to make sure the pistons are the right size. Wonder what the difference is between the melling pump and the SP pump
  16. S

Will have to look at this.When the engine revved up the oil pressure gauge would bottom out.Oh well this gives me an excuse to pull the engine and overhaul it with a few goodies added in IE Cam,95m heads,new rocker arms and oversized valves :) Read in someone's write up about a high pressure...
  17. S

Lifters and pushrods are still intact and in their respectively place.With the little rattle and the end (sounded like something freewheeling) I am starting to believe it was the timing chain. Saga continues.....
  18. S

Sad thing is this is the first time it has been torn down this far.I can't see how something so horrific could happen just changing the head gasket unless it was just time to go.The engine has just turned over 160k.Oh well gives me a chance to change the rear main seal that has been leaking...
  19. S

Buttoned up what was suppose to be a easy gasket job.Started the explorer and had what sounded like a dry lifter ticking.After a couple of seconds it quieted down.On the test drive everything ran like normal.Then all of a sudden I noticed the Oil pressure guage drop like a rock.I pulled over and...
  20. S

92 ext valve cover wing washer

Any Ideas on what I can replace the wing washer with.Seems I have lost one out of the many.I have picked every junkyard around town.Either it is a good engine and you can't take anything off it or they are gone! The washer I am talking about it the little wing washer that goes underneath the...
  21. S

Parting out 94 Eddie Bauer

Does this Ex have the rear spray nozzle for the windshield and if so how much? damn little thing is like a ghost when looking for it!
  22. S

Head Gasket....Rnd 1

Let's just say I fell down the hole with the white rabbit. The other day it was -25 and my wife was driving the explorer to work.20 min later she calls and says "It's in the red and there is no heat coming out". We had the Ex towed home that day.Next morning I go out and check things...
  23. S

Alarm remote

I have a 550.just crawled underneath the dash to see the brain.Does the secondary relays have fuses also? I have located the two fuses one 10 and 15 that goes to the brain but guess I need to continue the search for the ones on the relay
  24. S

Alarm remote

Thats whats puzzling.The door locks still work by pushing the button inside the cab but not with the remote.The alarm still operates and remote starter still works also.Fuses were my first assumption guess I must have missed one.
Back