Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Cloud Talking - Engine Swap for 2010 ST

I have wondered about a turbo diesel transplant.
  2. G

Might sell my '08

I am retired now and my usual drive each day is a couple miles in town. The service roads are o ten torn up, the clearance on my sport Trac is only 7 inches at max. Not a lot of room to raise with our captured drive shafts.
  3. G

Might sell my '08

I live in the national forest so I have many many great trails to explore. With the truck so long and with such a low frame I see problems even if I lift it (Trux) and go with larger tires. I love this truck, not one problem since owning it other than the dealer swapping out the battery with one...
  4. G

Opinions on prices/what to look for

Mine is the '08 dark blue, light tan cloth seats. I did get 27 miles a gallon on a 300 mile stretch of the 99 from Long Beach to Fresno, one pass of 4200 feet included. 11 gallons for 300 miles at 48 miles per hour with a loaded trailer and truck. Not my usual mileage for sure, I do drive...
  5. G

Opinions on prices/what to look for

I bought my '08 new as well. Only problem I had has the little doors on the sun visors baked off within 6 months, replaced on warranty. When I was shopping I chose the V8 as it had little to no difference on mileage. The V8 gave me a class 4 hitch with 8500 pound pulling rating. The V8 trucks...
  6. G

Grille guard installation

You have to host the pictures elsewhere. Photobucket.com is free. You upload the image then post the link on the page here. I mounted a grill guard on my truck but I am drawing a blank on "upper support brackets". There was three or four bolts on each frame member. Grill guards and bull bars...
  7. G

Truck door lock alert.

I will try it tomorrow.
  8. G

Homelink

3L1Z-7804105-BAC 5L1Z-7804105-CA Both visors are new in box, never installed. Tan in color. email me at TomMannon@hotmail.com for any other questions or for pictures. I do not go on line each day but I do check my email on my cell.
  9. G

Homelink

I will check and get back with part numbers.
  10. G

Homelink

I bought a set of F150 visors with the homelink installed. Never got around to try installing it. I was more interested in the double visor that flips down so one can stay on the door window.
  11. G

2010 sporttrac battery

I found that the battery in the truck when bought new was under sized. Given the battery problems I had for 5 years it makes sense. I think the dealer swapped it out for what ever reason.
  12. G

Truck door lock alert.

I changed my battery a few months ago and the truck no longer beeps or toots the small bit off the horn when I lock it and walk away. I am looking for the code to restore the function. Anyone have the steps to restore it? Any searches I have made on google has found none.
  13. G

Performance Chips

I understand the power chips just defaulted to a choke level or so. I am sure someone with more knowledge will post soon. My best fuel savings occurred by learning to use a light foot on takeoffs and sticking to 55 mph. I am getting 15 mpg in my local mountain driving and 22+ on freeway...
  14. G

Battery keeps draining f

I had a battery problem since I bought the truck new. Apparently the dealer had swapped out the battery for one too small for the truck. A new battery at proper size a few months ago solved a long problem.
  15. G

2007 Sport Trac Whining above 50MPH

I had a truck do the same whine after 50mph and disappear over 60. Ended up being my tires.
  16. G

First snow of the year

My bull bar is solid, I hit trees and rocks with it almost weekly. A few dents in the stainless but it holds up well.
  17. G

LED Tailgate lights

When ever you tap steel or aluminum you have to drill first then tap.
  18. G

Gas pedal sound?

Yes, they are Drive by wire on '07 and up trucks.
  19. G

Removing front seat, any air bag concerns?

Always disconnect the battery if working near a airbag.
  20. G

smallest rims

16" are stock on XLT. I am sure if you root around some 15" might fit but why bother?
  21. G

Unusal sound when driving

I put a shell on mine and the noise went away. I forget if the rear window is open half the time.
  22. G

09' Adrenalin - Weird shift to 3rd sometimes

Yes, I experienced this in the past with other 4x4 trucks. Feel lucky it does not happen at faster speeds.
  23. G

09' Adrenalin - Weird shift to 3rd sometimes

If your truck is a 4x4 or AWD, yes this is a serious problem. On 4x4's and AWD you need tires in complete sets. You may want to quit down shifting manually. It is much cheaper to replace brake pads and rotors than a transmission.
  24. G

My 2007 Ford Sport Trac

I have the same stainless steel bull bar on my truck as well, same color of truck even. I kinda wish I had never mounted it but the day after I did I watched a neighbor back into my truck several times. I used the fob and set off the alarm but he knew he was hitting it. I have several dents in...
Back