Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Tom's '97 XLT registry

Great thread! I'm on my second explorer now, this one is stock still. Very inspirational. Check out this thread on storage ideas. http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1407drivers-build-thread.678649/page-5 I know you're likely already on there, but for peeps following this thread these are awesome...
  2. F

Flashing overdrive, on and off.

Fluid is fine as far as I can tell from the dipstick. I just flushed about 7+ quarts through it last month along with a new Mobil1 filter. I am wondering if it just went into Limp Mode or something similar as I was manuvering at slow speeds in 4hi and low which was probably causing...
  3. F

Flashing overdrive, on and off.

Alec, I know this is an old thread. I am gathering that chances are there is no way to get any codes from the trans. It's best to reset the comp. via battery disconnection and then just wait to see if it fails in the future. This is kind of what I am gathering from scouring the site...
  4. F

Got My Turbo, Making Progress...

Any new news?
  5. F

Good Idea For Those DIY Oil Change Folks

Re: Great idea! Yea, Put a big ass TYPE R on that bad boy and say it has self installing invisible muffler bearings... Sell it for $99.95 on late night television and then get placement in Checker. haha
  6. F

I've tried that too. The bag gets hot and kind of falls down with every turn. Though if it works well for you at least you have the filter in the bag already:cool:
  7. F

Last night I was changing my oil for the umpteenth time. Everything goes clean and well until it comes time to remove the Oil Filter. I can't seem to keep Oil from going down the ol' arm. I have tried everything from tapping a hole in the bottom to using newspaper bags to go around the...
  8. F

Best Oil???

Mobil 1 Oil & Filter I sometimes tend to go past 3,000 miles and like the reassurance of quality.
  9. F

Which cat-back?

Just over 13,000 miles on my Stainless Gibson. No complaints or any complecations. Either way is good but stainless steel is harder to find at a shop. Or someone that can weld it. Good luck, exhaust is a good mod.
  10. F

changing push button 4x4 to manual shift??

My friend just did it to his 97 Ranger. He now has 2H, 4H, N and 4L. I am not sure how the cases differ. Though if the shift mechanism is the same it takes some fabbin' but may be worth it if we have a N position. Dunno though. Haven't pulled off the motor...
  11. F

DVD/CD/MP3/AM/FM Tuner???

Dead Link Removed
  12. F

My neighbors '97 Mountaineer

Diamonds in the Rough.
  13. F

Any way to get both rears smoking????

Limited Slip or Posi and Line Locks. They Lock the front brakes, flip a switch or turn a knog and pump up the brakes. They slowly release as you do the burnout.
  14. F

Do I need an alingment after a torsion twise?

Just don't tell them. Chances are they won't take the time to notice. I have many many miles on mine and it's just fine. TT and Shackles and mucho miles w/o a tire rotation and they look fine. Get one if it makes for better sleep.
  15. F

Spark Plugs.. what is right for me??

Listen to these guys! I mistakenly didn't get platinum and will have the pleasure of changint them again after about 30K miles. I believe platinum last about 50K if not more. **Also, I know that Motorcraft is sometimes hard to find. I used NAPA wires, they were the closest I could find...
  16. F

QUICK; are carbon fiber brake pads worth it?

Keep in mind that the harder the compound on the pads the faster they will deterioriate your rotors...
  17. F

31" Tires...Which ones are the best???

Bridgestone Deuller A/T. Love em, work well in all conditions. Have a nice warranty of 50,000 with prorating options in the 3rd and 4th year. Scored a smidgen less than the Revo and BFG A/T but for the price and mileage warranty these are very good. Heck now that I think of it my brother...
  18. F

Mechanical vs. Electronic Temperature Sending Units???

Just for reference....Go Here...
  19. F

Solves that! Goin' L-trik
  20. F

So is there a difference in anything other than the obvious. There seems to be a moderate difference in price.
  21. F

Suggestions on Measuring Tranny temp?

Aldive and 98 Ford, Did you re-route the tranny tubes after the radiator and then the aux. filter and then inro the cooler? I think that is how I did it. It's been so long. Point being is that if the above is the case aren't we getting a skewed reading on the tranny temp? As it is...
  22. F

Spin-On vs In-line aux. tranny filters...

Ross- Just take off the 2 lines into the cooler and find the one that pumps and route a line to the filter then back to the cooler. Hose shoult come with the kit. It really doesn't drain out all that much. I just rubberbanded some sandwitch bags on each that I disconnected from the...
  23. F

People in Denver...Emissions Question

Sweet, that is kind of what I figured. I just wanted to be fore warned. Thanks guys!
  24. F

People in Denver...Emissions Question

Tags expire and no longer living in Co. Springs I have to get another emissions test which is more comprehensive for Denver. I am wondering if me having a KKM air filter will be an issure. Last time @ the Colorado Springs place they thought it was a K&N filter which I believe are CARB...
  25. F

Spin-On vs In-line aux. tranny filters...

I have had my Perma Cool Spin On style on mine for about 15K+ miles. No problems yet. I have been using a Mobil 1 shorty filter. I get tire rubbing with a full length one. Same flow capabilities. You can fit almost another quart of fluid in there with a spin on. I dropped the pan...
Back