Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Power Seat Switch

Any one know how to get the switch out of a 96 power seat? THANKS!!!
  2. F

Low Coolant Temp Code PO125

Well the other day the check engine light came on when my wife was driving. Its a 96 Explorer 2 wheel drive with a V-6. I was in it a few days ago and thought the temperature guage was reading low. I got a code reader and got code "PO125" that reads that the coolant temperature was too low...
  3. F

Timing Chain Cover Coolant Leak

Timing Chain Cover Removal What I've got is a 96 with an OHV V6. A coolant drip started and got worse so in I go. It seemed to be coming from the water pump so that was replaced but I could hear the drip again before I got it refilled. :mad: Well on more inspection I find that its coming...
  4. F

How to turn on 96 power amp w/AM Head Unit

Well after waiting a while I decided to use the smoke test. I replaced the cigarette lighter 15 amp fuse with a 7.5. Took a jumper wire and connected it to the Blue lead the Ford diagram identified as "Mute (Optional)". I then tried it out and I had sound. HAPPY DAYS!
  5. F

How to turn on 96 power amp w/AM Head Unit

I've searched but can't find an answer. What I've got a 1996 XLT that had a head unit with AM/FM, cassette and controller for a six disk cd changer in the console. There are audio controls on the back of the console for the rear seat. The connectors on the OEM unit were: One that has eight...
  6. F

Hello to All

Looking forward to a good 2008 and wishing the best to everyone. My better half has enjoyed her 1996 XLT with the 6 cylinder push rod engine and two wheel drive. Problem is the old six disk CD changer died and she wanted a state of the art head unit. I already had a Pioneer 12 disk changer I...
Back