Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Hey everybody!!!

Sharp! You know, I have step bars on mine (and wouldn't want to miss them), I personally think that especially the 2-door looks sharper without them. With the plastic molding on the fenders and rocker panels, gives it a very muscular appearance. Greetings!
  2. 9

does my 95 explorer have an alarm

That's another one. When my alarm goes off, I have to put the key in and turn the ignition on, then it goes off. Pressing the unlock button on either remote doesn't do anything, regardless if I press it for a few seconds constantly, or several times. You know, mine didn't come with remotes...
  3. 9

Glow in the Dark Plug Wire

There's much more, look what you can get at a tire dealer: For the conservative driver, uni-colors are available as well (red, yellow and green): Greetings!
  4. 9

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Theoretical. Which would mean of course that a new fuel filter is clogged right out of the box, and 3 places who all claimed (and charged) checking the wiring did either not do it, or didn't catch a fault. That's the chance you always take, and might be something were someone is getting a...
  5. 9

How about leaving the door open for about 5 minutes, like I said, like on mine? Maybe you have the same different setup as mine does. Greetings!
  6. 9

Well, I'm done with my Explorer. :mad: The issue with the erratic idle is present again, and worsened. I just got back from a short trip. The truck stalled on me while sitting on an intersection. I was able to restart it, it did it again and again. It seems that every time I had to start it...
  7. 9

@GENxxx: Pimp? Originally offered by Castrol for 2-stroke engines, engine oil with Strawberry scent. Again, this was 20 years ago. Today we are advanced, see below. Scent for engine oil, 2 stroke and 4 stroke, Vanilla, Wild Berry, Coconut, your choice! A bottle runs for about $10 and is...
  8. 9

Went a little crazy w/ the spray paint

I think the blue looks good. Much "classier" than cheesy red. Greetings!
  9. 9

Push Bar (bikini) from HKS

They are out of business, will check, I might still have their catalog as PDF file. Changed the picture size. Anything else? LOL Greetings!
  10. 9

Interesting. I just tried it on mine. I can lock it and open the doors or hatch, nothing is happening. Yet, after about 5 minutes, the horn and lights go off. I had the same happening to me last year. I took the key out of the ignition and vacuumed the car. When it went off, I was in a...
  11. 9

Push Bar (bikini) from HKS

My first mod. I found it on eBay, new in box, buy-it-now was $49.95 plus $15 shipping. It was listed under "Navaho", somewhere in the auction the word "Explorer" came up, too. Had to do quite some research to find old catalogs from HKS. I did, thus the numbers were not quite the same, I...
  12. 9

Wow, with all the gizmo's you can buy for cars here, I can't believe you never saw the glowing ones. Okay, thus we had them more then 20 years ago, I was able to quickly find them at, like I said, motorcycle stores. Just to be clear, you can see the sparks as the ignition is firing, when the...
  13. 9

Jack and Spare wheel crank handle

Thanks so much for all your replies. So I am looking for: - jack - lug wrench - 2 extension rods I will flip up my rear seats and do some searching, who knows what I will find there. Maybe I get lucky. GMAxxx: Thanks for the details about the tip. You are right, the whole think...
  14. 9

Jack and Spare wheel crank handle

Hm, I searched, but couldn't find any matching answer. Jack and crank handle (for the spare wheel) are missing on my '99. I saw that the plastic cover in the rear (on the driver side) has the mount for a small wrench or something. Is that the crank handle for the spare wheel as well? Looks...
  15. 9

Geee, that's a leftover from the '80s, I remember I had them (and boots for the plugs) on my first car. Anyhow, you can find them at places which sell stuff for motorcycles. You can buy just the wire or the complete sets. They are also ignition coils which are clear. Greetings!
  16. 9

My New Ride! What do you think?

Cool! A Fiat Bambino. You know, there was even an Abarth version of it, it had some 48 hp, and incredible sound. Where did you find that? Greetings!
  17. 9

Whining noise from engine on '97

Mine started to "whine" about 1 week ago, after an automatic car wash. Only when starting the vehicle and then for about 2 seconds. Just got my vehicle back from Ford. They replaced the serpentine belt (it had cracks), cleaned and repacked the idler pulley with new grease. $80 plus tax. I'd...
  18. 9

All right, I am a step further. My regular mechanic (not Ford dealer) ran a test himself, and told me that the self test aborts after a while (the dealership never told me that). He said that most likely the IACV is bad, as it is a part mechanical device and first in row when testing...
  19. 9

Rear wiper trouble

I had the same issue ('93). The rear wiper on some Explorers has a very tiny nut on top of the shaft, hard to see). In addition, there is a little metal tab behind the arm, close to where the arm is mounted on the round shaft. You have to press the tab and then pull the arm away. Be careful...
  20. 9

No need to replace any sensors, as far as I was told. My car has regular tune ups, just had one done. All sensor etc. have been checked, except for the GP something sensor (barometric pressure), all checked out perfect. This one is a bit off I was told, but still within allowable range. I had...
  21. 9

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

Don't know, have to look it up. It's all stock (except my bikini bar), non-limited slip axle, Control-Trac. Well, it might not be difficult for others, I'm not really a "handy" man. Don't even think I have the right tools, I would have to find out first which ones are needed (not all spark...
  22. 9

I'm going to start with new spark plugs (yes, Motorcraft Platinums of course, as engineered by someone in Dearborn who makes a ton of money). Get this: I just called a Ford dealership about 10 miles away, $277.61 Then i called the one in town, $134.56. That's about $140 cheaper! Yes, I...
  23. 9

I'm with you guys with experiences from Gen 1 to 2. My '93 Explorer never gave me less than 15 mpg in the city, on the interstate, about 60 mph, I always got at least 20 mpg. My '99 SOHC now gave me a little over 16 mpg once on a long trip. Usually 9 mpg. Greetings!
  24. 9

Well, it has been a few weeks now. So far, my issue is gone. There were a few times when I noticed that the rpm was about to drop, just for a split second, but immediately stabilized itself. So I consider it fixed. :thumbsup: However, now I suddenly have the idle being rough once in a while...
  25. 9

Block Heaters???

I plug mine in, regardless. even if it is "only" 32 degrees, I have immediate warm air coming out of the vents, it's easier for the engine to start, and helps gas mileage a bit. Instructions say that it takes a maximum of 3 hours to heat up to maximum what the block heater supplies. My timer...
Back