Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

VSS Sensor into radio?

Right now I'm tapped to VSS just outside the ABS connector (I think) on the driver side under the hood. I'm going to try the one in the radio connector. Jamar, RAC-200 (http://jamartech.com/DMIs.html) lets you measure/record distances in feet/mile/meter/km from inside the vehicle. Used in...
  2. S

VSS Sensor into radio?

another vss question Thanks Cobra. Another VSS question? My other application is a distance measuring device. I recently changed from the rear differential ABS sensor because counting had become unreliable. Changed the ABS sensor and remade connection under the hood, no change...
  3. S

6v battery in sub enclosure?

6v Battery-Another thougt Maybe the 12v is a charging voltage for the 6v battery and the 6v is meant to keep the stored data in the head unit alive when the main battery is disconnected? I'll check it again after it's had a chance to charge.
  4. S

6v battery in sub? Yes this is the same diagram. I asked because while I'm changing to a new head unit I found that my "hot always" lead (green/violet) was dead last night. Today (when the car was hot from the sun?) I read 5 volts on the line but the voltage was steadily decreasing to about 2...
  5. S

VSS Sensor into radio?

Regarding the recent wire diagram posting: The Mach diagram (right after the one that shows the sub amp) shows Vehicle Speed Sensor on connector C228. What's the VSS doing in the radio harness? The Gray/Black is right there on pin 9 on my 2000 Explorer. I'm interested cause I have...
  6. S

Question regarding the wiring diagrams posted recently: On the Mach Diagram showing the sub amp, it shows a 6v battery. Anybody know what this is for? Does it likely need replaced after 8 years/120k?
  7. S

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

Time to Complete? Did anyone post typical time involved for upper/lower job?
Back