1. corkey

April EF Lottery

fixed my hanging winch bumper , Not for consideration
  2. corkey

April EF Lottery

spring cleaning Not for consideration
  3. corkey

April EF Lottery

it got sprung, slid on the ice in my yard,, there's one in winnipeg, just can't go get it,
  4. corkey

April EF Lottery

i'm not sure where this is going yet
  5. corkey

bake it clean,,

bake it clean,,
  6. corkey

Amp Wire Through Firewall?

i ran 4 gauge through the firewall in the grommet for the brake pushrod,, it`s fairly big, and comes out under/behind the booster, and than routing up to the battery was easy,, i ran the cable from inside to outside, it was easier that way,,
  7. corkey

the sitting of the uncooperative coil spring!

do it right before it bites you,,
  8. corkey

Melting negative battery terminals?

most car stereo shops have them battery terminals or some box store electronics places, like best buy,,
  9. corkey

Melting negative battery terminals?

i would say the solenoid is stuck sending power through to a starter that is a dead short now,, , follow the red wire to the solenoid , than the starter, disconnect the starter first, try it again, if the spark goes away, bingo, , if it doesn't than it's the solenoid,, You said the starter...
  10. corkey

Looking for lift info for 1998explorer

Needs work means they are not direct bolt ons, you have to work them a bit ,, there never was a total one place sells all lift kit for the 2 doors,, the mono leaf rear springs were the reason,, 4 door kit kinda worked but the rear springs were super stiff as they were intended for the 4 door...
  11. corkey

engine lacks rpm,,

i'll give it a look see first of the week,, thanks Tim,,
  12. corkey

UHaul would not rent me a trailer

difference is, he could have put it IN the Ranger to move it,, lol,,
  13. corkey

engine lacks rpm,,

2005 4.0 sohc with an engine out of a Sport Trac, , ran fine for almost a year,, fast forward to a couple months ago,, started lacking power and would surge after 3000 rpm, almost as the neutral safety was on,, , it's been to several shops, no CEL , no Trans codes,, Thinking the neutral...
  14. corkey

Body is lifted

i have had 5 bumpers off of different year Explorers, and they all fasten the same way, and the frame parts are welded on,, , The pieces to be made will hold the bumper, but not much more than that ,if you just use flat metal,, using some gussets and other supports can make them much stronger...
  15. corkey

Body is lifted

there is a thread,, they were upside down U shaped pieces that were made with holes 3 inches apart to raise the bumper,,
  16. corkey

Greetings from thefrozen north !

Don't upset the Canucks,, We can appear at the strangest times, :P
  17. corkey

I dont think this is supposed to look like that..

it's not going to fall apart, but i wouldn't drive it too much,, emergency only kinda,, myself i would get it fixed quick as i could,,
  18. corkey

I dont think this is supposed to look like that..

radius arm bushing pushed through the crossmember, that is a sorta nasty repair , needs a new crossmember and new bushings,, i guess it's a shop repair for you,, it's kinda hard to do,,
  19. corkey

Looking for lift info for 1998explorer

There are 3 lifts, body lift and a couple possible suspension kits,, body lift requires work to make fit,, , 1998-2000 Ford RANGER SPLASH / EDGE (MANUAL TRANS REQUIRES 3700) - Performance Accessories Suspension,, requires work to make fit,, 5in Ford Ranger Lift Kit (98-11) Superlift has a...
  20. corkey

tires again - pick between two BAD choices - things change

i never had internet as a kid,, we never had computers till i was in my 30's,, at least,, we used to just handle problems ourselves ,, go get it done stuff,, it's what made life an adventure,, in the week spent on the thread, you went nowhere and still are faced with the same problem...
  21. corkey

tires again - pick between two BAD choices - things change

i can't believe this actually ended up being a multi page thread,, feel so sad for that,,,
  22. corkey

Is this mechanic on crack?

My motor finally made it to just over 400,000 kilometers, then it ate a head gasket on the passenger side,, at that point she was too rusty to go on anyways,, Never fixed the lifter,, motor gave up in another spot first,,,,
  23. corkey

97 v8 AWD - bad tires - one has cracks and leaks in cold - Fix A Flat??

look on craigslist for a set of used ones for super cheap,, like these ,, 4 BRAND NEW TIRES on JEEP RIMS
  24. corkey

Nasty Oil Fill Cap

moisture from temp changes,, no biggie , clean it up, go on with life,, :)
  25. corkey

New Ranger in Canada

what's the window price on that one, ?
Back