Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. corkey

engine lacks rpm,,

2005 4.0 sohc with an engine out of a Sport Trac, , ran fine for almost a year,, fast forward to a couple months ago,, started lacking power and would surge after 3000 rpm, almost as the neutral safety was on,, , it's been to several shops, no CEL , no Trans codes,, Thinking the neutral...
  2. corkey

front diff compatibility,

My front diff in the 08 is making some noises,, does anybody know from what other years the front diff will fit ,?? i am not sure, but somebody said the one i have out of a 98 Explorer is not a fit ,, i would like to fix it myself if i can figure that out, if not i have to go to the...
  3. corkey

The Ginger Kid

it has a name now,,, i'm just going to leave this here till it gets interesting,,
  4. corkey

4 door gears?

Looking for a set of 4:10 axles, and was wondering if they ever came in the 4 door Explorers ?? Sport axles are in pretty short supply around me, , but there are lots or 4 doors here,
  5. corkey

coilover mount pics,

okay, i have been asked a bunch of times and have posted pics of the mounts on facebook and here and there on the forum here,, so, i decided ,, i need to post a set of pictures everybody interested can see , and maybe even copy,, so here they are, top mounts look like this...
  6. corkey

FOUND IT< hard start issue resolved ,,

After messing with my 99 ohv for a while with a hard start issue, and random misfires, code po402 and po301, among others, i jumped in with both feet last night to try once again to figure this thing out,, Idle was not smooth, and at the tail pipe there was a puffing noise that accompanied...
  7. corkey

99 XLS white face Gauges ???

I have a set of white face gauges that came out of a Sport Trac, i believe a 2001 trac, My question is,, what would it take to make them work in My 99 XLS, ??? i was just going to plug them in, but thought better of that as it may make stuff not work, or maybe even the magic smoke appear, and...
  8. corkey

Corkey's 99 xls, The Blues Traveller,

It all started with a bad head gasket, or maybe worse. I ave not taken the engine apart on my other Explorer yet, but that is coming soon, But on to the new one,, Vroomzoomboom and i have been watching Kjiji a lot looking for a motor , and than the ad came up, 1999 XLS, looked blue and...
  9. corkey

engine change info needed,

So, my 96 Ex seemed to not want to keep a head gasket in place,, so it has a milkshake in the oil pan, Now a question i have is, Found a motor out of a 1994, 4.0 ohv engine same as in the 96, will the exhaust manifolds bolt up ? i know the intake stuff has to be changed as well, do all...
  10. corkey

let's see your winch mounts

as the title implies, lets see your winch mounts, whether they be in a bumper on a plate on a receiver hitch dealio show us a picture,,
  11. corkey

real good snow stuck,

So, my Boss called, they got stuck in the snow quite a ways out on the lake , so i loaded up some stuff and off i went, with a few helpers,, when we got there, there was an F150 and a 3rd gen ex buried deep in the snow, and it was quite a ways off the main ice road, so, on to the...
  12. corkey

manual trans stuck in 4th

Well , i bought a usad 1990 Ranger for my Mom, ao she could have a small truck . Previous owner was the origional owners son. He drove it for a while , maybe a few months, . It's really nice inside and has a manual 5 speed, and manual transfer case and manual hubs as well, the problem is it...
  13. corkey

Corkey's Ranger of Danger

Coming Soon, James Duff 6 inch lift P A 3 inch body lift, maybe some 31x15.5 ag tires these are the tires i am looking at ,
  14. corkey

Superlift brackets

i am requesting anybody that has a Superlift kit to take a picture of the drop bracket on the diff for the passenger side , Both John rocks and mine seem to be to the 1 side a bunch, which may cause a problem with cv axles on the drivers side,, so we to see need a pic of yours ,, see if they...
  15. corkey

fender flare ideas??

I am looking for something unique to do for fender flares , i already did my cutting for my 35's a bit different than most as i kept the cutoff piece and put it back on over the rough edge to have the lip to fasten a possible flare too, now share your idea for a unique flare please,,
  16. corkey

school me on why no 35's on ifs,

i ws wondering about this, i need hard evidence as i was looking at running a 35x12.5 for use in mud only, no rocks, so tell me or show me why not, experienced guys come on out and say,, ,
  17. corkey

Your most favourite Mod,

we all mod up our Explorers, now, i want you to post what was your most favorite Mod , and Why ????
  18. corkey

went out wheelin,

i went out today and had a bit of fun just running a closed logging road, it had some real nice views, and some good medium speed driving, i would have went further back in the trails but it was getting very soft and soupy, i could have gotten stuck with no escape and a long walk back to the...
  19. corkey

motorisation

this video is of a radar mount we made at work for our new fireboat, it uses a linear actuator to make it work, the actuator is a 12 volt unit that is usually used for trim tabs, http://www.explorerforum.com/files/76870/DSCF5282.AVI
  20. corkey

the weekend at jt's

k, everybody , i am off to jons, for my stuff, and looking foreward to seeing a bunch of you guys, and wrenching and maybe even some tomfoolery if he comes,, there will be pictures, so post trip pics, and other interesting stuff you see on the way,, i am leaving as planned at about 10 am, my...
  21. corkey

how to,, upper ball joint,, with pictures,,,

This is a how to for changing the passenger side upper ball joint on a 2 piece arm setup,, the offending ball joint,, first jack up the vehicle, and take off the wheel, after the wheel is off, take the spindle to ball joint bolt out, , once the bolt is out, remove the pin for the...
  22. corkey

winterizing your boat,

any questions on winterizing your boat, ask away,. k, little backround here,, i work at a fishing lodge, and i have to store the 90 boats that belong to the lodge every winter,, also,,, i work at a marina in the off season, and we store a pile of boats probably about 130 there as well...
  23. corkey

new (to me ) Ranger,,

Okay as a few already know, i picked up a 1990 XLT Ext Cab , 4x4, Ranger, and have started working on it already, i am in the middle of doing all the front brakes, and rotors, and i also have to do the passenger side drive axle in front, both u joints are wasted real bad, so, i will start...
  24. corkey

look what i got,

Look what i got from Ebay,, special thanks to Celly , he found them and sent me a pm, they are from a 2001 Sport Trac, i will make up a post when i install them,,
  25. corkey

Corkey's Registry

Log Roller's, Registry,, 56 k get lost, okay , so , i thought about it, and,,,,, about time i posted one here, 96 Explorer XL, 4.0 ohv, auto trans, control trac 4x4, Special Thanks to - gmanpaint, Turdle, and Maniak, to name just a few, List Of Mods, that made this truck of the month...
Back