Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Ignition lock cylinder (locked-up)

Well, Thank God I was able to free up the lock cylinder this afternoon. Popped the key in and used my 12" adjustable wrench and "snap" broke it free! Everything works as it should. Going to replace the lock anyway, but I at least can drive it and get the cylinder out. I'm at a loss of what was...
  2. M

Well, guys thank you for the responses! :thumbsup: Lock-smith it is then. I love working on cars, but I don't think I want to tackle this one. I'd probably drill right through some wiring or something. :p: Coupled with not really knowing where to drill I would probably end up with a new...
  3. M

Ok, I see that ring. Thanks!
  4. M

Ok. When talking about drilling out the lock, do you mean drill out that little button? If I were to do that, that should free up the lock cylinder right? Maybe I'll just hire the locksmith lol.
  5. M

Hey all, Like the title says I'm having a problem with the lock cylinder on my '99 X. The problem is you pop the key in there and the cylinder will not turn at all. I have tried everything that I know of to get it to turn but to no avail. Now, I have searched on here and I have...
  6. M

'99 fuel system

OMG! OK, I have dicked with this truck for two weeks trying to figure this stumbling problem out. Well I kept getting a CEL saying misfire on cylinder 1, 2 and 8. I let the truck run while watching the engine in total darkness in my garage and it was like a lightning storm by those three...
  7. M

Camshaft position sensor

Cool, works for me
  8. M

Camshaft position sensor

Yes you are right, but both of these part numbers are for a two wire '99.
  9. M

Camshaft position sensor

OOOPS! :eek:Don't know How I posted that twice. Sorry
  10. M

Camshaft position sensor

Hello, I have read some of the posts on the site in regards to the CPS and think that might has something to do with my stumbling and misfire issues like I have described here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232863 I had a squealing sound coming from the...
  11. M

CAUTION! AWD Front Drive Shaft Removal --Drifts in park.

Is there any chance of damage to the transmission/viscous coupling by driving an AWD without the front driveshaft? Would the truck be better on gas without it?
  12. M

'99 fuel system

Well, I bought a can of seafoam and poured the entire contents into my tank along with a full tank of 91 octane. I had my fingers crossed that hopefully that was the issue, but crap it isn't. My truck ran so rough today at one time, I heard a back fire through the intake while getting on the...
  13. M

Front spoiler

Word ;)
  14. M

Front spoiler

Nice!!! I have to get one of those.
  15. M

'99 fuel system

I'll give it a try, can't hurt, plus coilpacks at Pep Boys were $98 before tax.
  16. M

Front spoiler

Hey all, I have seen some tight trucks on this site. Where would I go about getting a front airdam/spoiler for my '99?
  17. M

'99 fuel system

Well, I changed the fuel filter just awhile ago. It was the original filter (motorcraft). I drove the truck around and the power is really good, but when I come to a red light and sit there you can hear and feel the engine missing periodically. A couple weeks ago the truck started running rough...
  18. M

'99 fuel system

Ha ha, I don't think it ever has been changed. I'll do it if a part store is open, but doubtful today. Thanks for your help! Plus, I used to live in Phoenix for 5 years..........I'd move back in a heartbeat.
  19. M

'99 fuel system

Hello all, I have a curious situation with my '99 Explorer 5.0 AWD. The truck idles great and cruises fine on the highway, but when you start to accelerate faster the truck stumbles pretty bad until you get the new cruise speed. I have changed plugs and wires but that didn't cure it. Is...
  20. M

'99 Explorer 5.0 AWD P/S pump

Hey, yeah not too far! Okay, I'll give the bleeding a try. Should I do a full system flush? Is there any special fluid I should use? Thanks
  21. M

'99 Explorer 5.0 AWD P/S pump

Hello All! I am new to the forums and want to say hello:D I have a question that hopefully one of you would be able to answer. Like my tread title says, I have question about the power steering pump. My truck has just turned 200K and still runs perfect, but about three months ago the P/S...
Back