Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Oil change requirements for message center

Vehicle mileage doesn’t match the engine mileage. I freshened up a junk yard engine and installed it about 75,000 miles ago. So yeah, it kinda is just broken in.
  2. H

I wouldn’t say it’s a gimmick, as it has worked well for the 13 years I have had the truck. Only recently has it become an issue, and as it turns out there is indeed a timer. I’m just not driving the truck enough to accumulate a “normal” mileage. Thanks 96EB96 for the info!!!
  3. H

I agree with you on most of that. Too much time vs value. But I am willing to replace the oil level/temperature sensor if that would cause the issue. If it’s based off a time interval, I would be okay with that too, but thought it would be set at 1 year. I was just looking for understanding...
  4. H

Hello all. I’m looking for the logic behind the oil change requirement notification in the Message Center. 97 Eddie Bauer with the 5.0 I have only driven about 1,400 miles since the last oil change and the message center is telling me that I have 0% life left on the oil. Usually this thing...
  5. H

Water Leaks

My sunroof leaks too, the drains are clogged. I can’t blow through them from the top, even with compressed air. I couldn’t find where the drains came out to blow air back up, or clear the lines with wire. If you could post up locations of the exits, that would be awesome.
  6. H

is this an AOMS sensor Active Oil monitoring system (See picture)

I have confirmed this, solved my issue today. The sensor responsible for the message center error "OIL TEMP SIGNAL ERROR" is in the oil pan. It is a dual sensor, it measures temperature and oil level. It is VERY expensive, and hard to find. Additionally, only trucks that have the message...
  7. H

Factory Oil Temperature Sensor?

I know this thread is old, but in case anyone comes across it in the future I have a definitive answer. The sensor responsible for the message center error "OIL TEMP SIGNAL ERROR" is in the oil pan. It is a dual sensor, it measures temperature and oil level. It is VERY expensive, and hard to...
  8. H

is this an AOMS sensor Active Oil monitoring system (See picture)

without the sensor in your oil pan did you get an error on the message center if you performed the system test? I get an error message that say Oil Temp Signal Error only when doing the system test. That sensor is like $200+ !!! From all that I have read, the message center determines "oil...
  9. H

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

This is what mine looked like in the end. I noticed there weren't too many pics of the finished project.
  10. H

I only have 1 sensor in the oil pan. I suppose it is possible that it does both functions since it has 2 wires going to it. My replacement engine didn't have that sensor, so I re-used my oil pan and complete wiring harness. I am also not totally convinced that it is an engine sensor. Maybe it...
  11. H

Reviving a dead thread here. Someone should know where this oil temp sensor is by now. Searching the whole internet I can't find it. Just replaced my engine and now I have this error, same as the other guy's thread. Thanks for any help.
  12. H

I used a bench vise. Large socket on one side to "catch" the protruding u-joint cap Smaller socket on the opposite side to "push" the u-joint through
  13. H

No, it didn't roll at all, I had it parked on completely flat ground, engine at idle. As soon as the TC was shifted into Neutral, the driveshaft on the trans would begin to spin, making any other shifts impossible. I have to shut the engine off in order to get out of Neutral with the TC. I...
  14. H

Cam sensor, Crank sensor, or Fuel pump. Help

My problem was indeed the PCM. Installed another one today. I made sure to get one with the same part number this time and the truck started right up. No problems now.
  15. H

I don't think I ever said so many GDMF'ers before as when I was trying to unplug that Cranshaft position senosr. What a pain to get to. Finally just took the tensioner assembly off in order to get to it. No change. I think the problem is the PCM. I have disconnected almost every input/...
  16. H

-MAF is fine -Fuel pressure is steady at 40psi & I can hear it running. Truck won't start at the moment, flashing CEL, Fuel pump relay is clicking, and the Idle Air Control valve is clicking. I guess my next move is to start un-plugging things until that stops. Power Distribution box is fine...
  17. H

I'm working on that one. Someone filled one of the Security Torx bit screws with epoxy. Factory maybe to prevent tampering? IDK. I got most of it out so far.
  18. H

Thanks Turdle!! I will pull the power distribution box apart and see if there is anything going on in there. I already tried moving the relays around, but regardless the one in the fuel pump relay spot would click rapidly. I have read that a rapidly flashing CEL was a sign of an ignition...
  19. H

UPDATE: My problem was the PCM. symptoms = Quickly Flashing Check Engine Light w/ Key On, Engine off; clicking fuel pump relay, clicking Idle Air Bypass solenoid, no start condition, unable to pull codes. IF it did start, truck would intermittenly shut off & restart, loss of power, missing...
  20. H

I am at a complete stop with the trans in Neutral or Park, and I can't get the TC to move out of neutral, it just grinds. Only way to get the TC out of neutral is to shut the engine off. I know the F150 & F250's don't have this problem, Ford just wouldn't do that. So there must be some small...
  21. H

I am having an issue with my Ex after the manual swap, and was wondering if anyone else ran into this too. If I pull the transfer case down into neutral, I can't get it back into any gear. It grinds, regardless of what the transmission is in, park or neutral. If I shut the engine off, it will...
  22. H

The one I picked up looks exactly like the Transfer case pictured in the First post of this thread. The brown wire comes out the tail section right by the VSS sensor. I also have the mechanical linkage on the front side, no shift motor.
  23. H

Hello Everyone. First off, Thank You for all the great information. I have read this entire thread 5 times, as I am getting ready to swap in a manual 4406. I have a question about the "Brown Wire" coming out of the rear of the transfer case as pictured in the very first post. Do I just...
Back