Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rolling up Odometer

YOu couls always put your truck up on jack stands and let it run in drive until it gets to teh correct milage, like Ferris Bueller tried.
  2. C

Autozone Shackles

I have had mine on for about 2.5 years. No problems what so ever. Mine is also driven mostly on the street with ocassional off roading, but nothing hard core.
  3. C

I like my Goodyear RT/S tires

I will agree that they last a very long time. But when they wear down they a bit iffy in the rain and downright horrible in the snow. When the roads were dry they did a nice job and handled well.
  4. C

whos running hydro's??

HAve you thought about air bags. Expo 5.0 has bags on his and it lays on 20s. There is a thread here some where where he posted picks. Is this truck a daily driver? IF it is I say go with bags. My friend has a hradbody with hydros, they are cool, but it is a show truck. The are not as practical...
  5. C

which spark plug wires to use??

I got the ones from Autozone with a lifetime warranty. Any problems I just take them back and get a new set.
  6. C

Exhaust Systems for an 02 Explorer

I do not believe any companies make a dual exhaust for the ex. Most people who have them went to a exhaust shop and had them custom made. I would suggest you check some of teh local shops to see who does custom exhaust work and have them give you a price.
  7. C

Supercharger Question

One idea would be to see if mustang 5.0 brackets would work. They might need a little modifications though.
  8. C

California Dry Blade work?

I have been using the cal water blade for the last 7 years and it is still working great. And like spindle cone said, you will still need a small towel, for the mirrors and other small areas.
  9. C

paint job

YOu cannot get triple black unless your ex is a convertible. The triple black vehicle = Black paint, black interior, black convertible top.
  10. C

Monroe Reflex shocks

I got them and like them. And the price wasn't bad, under $150 (buy 3 get one free).
  11. C

Ford Racing EGR spacer

If I am correct it is to adapt the throttle body on a 87-93 mustang to the intake manifold. I had to get one for my 93 when I put a bigger throttle body on it.
  12. C

Getting Ground Effects, Underglows, ETC.

There was an ex on here that was very stock looking but had neon out the kazoo. Do a search for BMXBOY and you could probably find pics. He had green and purple and had neon in every place he could stick it, very nice lookin.
  13. C

Whats the point of AutoZone?

The autozone by my house is good. Most of the guys who work night and weekends also work at real auto repair or body shops during the day, so they are knowledgable. I have always like Advance Auto, they seem a lot nicer and they all know there stuff.
  14. C

Getting Ground Effects, Underglows, ETC.

Street Glow is a good buy. They are very nice quality and show off a good amount of light. The gold series are the brightest, but the blue series is a little less money.
  15. C

Need a little lift help

I have had a tt for almost 2 years and have no problem, what so ever. There are no lines that need to be extended with a tt and shackles. I am not sure about the bodylift, but there are numerous threads about detailed installation of a bodylift. One of those should be able to explain if any...
  16. C

Just got some new toys.

Today my window guards and clear corners came in. I ordered them on wednesday from stylin concepts. They werte having a sale on the window guards for only $48, instead of the normal price of $90. They are the weather tech slip in one that don't use tape, which is good cause I have had problems...
  17. C

Paragon Trip - Labor Day Weekend

I would be interested. I always wanted to go. I used to live near "the rookie" and always heard of how fun his trips were. My truck only has 31 bfg ATs and an open rear. Do you think it would be okay for the trails cause I would like to go?
  18. C

Is your throttle body clean?

I used the gumout stuff, it says it is safe for the special coating.When I clean mine, I use an old toothbrush. I open the butterfly fully and scrub the inside part, as well as the outside. I use a flashlight to check and this way seems to get the crud off the inside as well.
  19. C

Cat-Back Exhaust Cost

I got 2 estimates for $250 and $240 for 2.5" piping, flowmaster 40, and Stainless steel tip of my choice. I ended up getting 2.25" pipe from dynomax for $70 and got a ravin 33-series from meineke. They welded it up and total cost was $150 for the muffler, chrome tip and for them to weld it up. I...
  20. C

tire wheel combo... wan fries with that???

You will need 255/60R17 tires. They are about the same diameter.
  21. C

daytona,creager,rock crawler rims...

I would also like to know. I have see aluminum wheels crack, but have only seen steel rims bend.
  22. C

my boddydropped X

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
  23. C

Explorer Underground fans.....

Love the truck. I remeber first seeing it on explorer expresses website if I am not mistaken. You did a great job on it.
  24. C

"Chrome" Grille Cover on eBay

I am with monmix on this one. IT is cool though.
  25. C

Bendix Brake pads, Any better

I have been using bendix on my ex fror the last 75k miles. I am very heavy on the braking and they have held up and never faded on me, even when I tried puposely to make them fade. I have also found they do not make any kind of screeching and my fronts have lasted almost 37k and they are still good.
Back