Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Cam synchronizer for 94 4.0

I have a used one, it turned out this wasn't the trouble.
  2. G

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

thks Thanks Lurker, I'll be doing this myself soon.
  3. G

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

Hi,so you did not remove the oil pan to do the balance shaft tensioner?
  4. G

5W20 ina 2002. 4.0l

200,000km Hi, it just turned 200,00 kilometers. I read up on this before I bought it and the fellow stated that they cam tensioners were done many years ago. I paid $3500.00 dollars for it 2 months ago.With 8 brand new tires.
  5. G

5W20 ina 2002. 4.0l

changed out. So after reading up on the chain tensioners leaking(with the 5W20) and the timing chains slapping and harming the chain guides, I changed the oil again to Havoline full synthetic 5W30. Actually I can hear the chains for a split second then the quite down, I assume this is normal...
  6. G

5W20 ina 2002. 4.0l

5w20 Thanks guys.
  7. G

5W20 ina 2002. 4.0l

Hi, so I just recently replaced my 1996 Explorer with a 2002 Explorer both 4.0 litre v-6's, tonight at work I changed the oil in the 2002 and realized I put in 5w20. It is synthetic Pennzoil will it be OK for the winter, or should I switch it out for 5w30. Thanks.
  8. G

1993 ranger frame

Thx Thanks for your reply,I guess I'll have to start looking for a 93up frame.I knew where there was an 88 4x4 excaab frame was hoping it was the same as the 93 excab 4x4.
  9. G

1993 ranger frame

Frame Thanks for your reply.
  10. G

1993 ranger frame

Hi,are the frames from a 1988 ranger excab 4x4 the same for a 1993 ranger excab 4x4 ? i can get a low mile 1993 ranger excab 4x4 for cheap($1000.00) if I can find a frame to replace the rusted out 93 one(rusted out at the rear spring hangers).A local guy can get me a 88 frame for $100.00 if it...
  11. G

Code214

I have a 1994 4.0 Explore and still have engine code 214 after installing new CPS,cam synchronizer assy.now what?
  12. G

New to the forum but not to Rangers

Hi,there used to be be a rule of thumb with tires(because you want a narrower tire in snow)that being one size smaller and one size taller so P215/75-15,should be OK, or just match something up that's the same height.verall Diameter Tread Depth (in/32nds) Revs/Mile at 45 mph Max Load...
  13. G

1995 Explorer 4.0 cam position sensor/synchronizer.

Hi,I just went through this myself(September 2008) as I found a new one here from a forum member,I removed the upper intake plenum and match marked everything,I put the new one in exactly as the old one came out and now I have the check engine light is back on with the same 214 code,a local...
  14. G

code 214

Hi,I installed a new camshaft synchronizer(three weeks ago) I bought from a fellow Forum member , cleared the codes and it's been fine since today,check engine light is on and the code is 214 cam sensor,what else in this circuit can I try to fix this??I have a 1994 Explorer 4.0 auto.
  15. G

Advice on CMP sensor access

Cam synchronizer Hi,I just went though this my self bought a new CPS from a forum member,I had to take the top intake off to get at it(as it is at the back of the motor).I set the engine to top dead center match marked everything(with the top of the sensor removed),I had to use a small piece of...
  16. G

AC kicking off and on every other second

Ac recharge Hi,I just did mine today and I used the whole can of Glacier Ice 18 onces,It cycled off and on with pressure from about 15(compressor off to 60 compressor on) I kept adding untill the cycling stopped and the pressure steadied at 35 or 40 this took about 15 minutes and now its...
  17. G

Bosch

HI,I have Bosch platinums(single tip) in my 1994 Explorer with the 4.0 in it,when I checked the plugs today the center electrode is inset into the the tip of the insulator does this mean the plugs are wore out?I have only had this Explorer for 4 months, Thanks guys.
  18. G

code 214

Cam sensor Oh, is 1995,the year they went obd11,well I'm in Nelson area(No one here stocks what I'm looking for they have to bring them in).I'm just not willing to pay 600.00 for a new one(1994 STYLE),and if I can find something I can modify or update to with I'll try that,I'm thinking of newer...
  19. G

code 214

no luck So.I've had no luck as yet,however 410FORTUNE in the pic (95+ Overheated link)of the two crank sensors side by side it looks like if the shaft was cut shorter it would fit into the 1994 block,do you still have this sensor.Or does anyone have the two to compare side by side. I live out...
  20. G

code 214

cam sensor again This is the cam sensor I have,late1993-early 1995.(hope it works)to a late1995-1996styleMy Explorer runs fine however the 214 code is present and the check engine light is on,I don't want it to leave me stranded somewhere,I was hoping the black cap style cam sensor as an...
  21. G

Idea's? - 95 Explorer 4.0L OHV overheated

Cam sensor 410Fortune - Hi,do you still have the 95 sensor? I see it has the same flat metal top as my 94,but could a person use the black cap style if they swap shafts, is it 2 or 3 wire?
  22. G

code 214

Cam sensor, synchroizer assy. Hi .You have done three swaps?Would you know if the late 95-up type cam sensor is interchangable with the harder to find and much more expensive late 93 to early 95 type,This is for a 1994 Explorer with the 4.0 v6 as an assembly? Thanks.
  23. G

code 214

Hi,my 1994 explorer 4.0 auto has a trouble code 214,now studying the forum threads about this camshaft sensor problem i'm wondering will it leave me stranded or quit altogether until I can find a sensor(big bucks) and the money to pay for one? Or does the top of this sensor come off and be...
  24. G

Best fluid

Thanks.I just wanted to know what i should put in the trans as it is due,I'll look for the Amsoil.
  25. G

AC draw off

Thanks.Yeh, I'd have to hire someone to come to my place and evacuate the system or get it towed somewhere and get it done,or buy hoses and fittings to try it myself.
Back