Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. James909

Order priority

10 is the highest priority available to a dealer so you don't have anything to worry about.
  2. James909

1994 explorer

Welcome to the forum. Does the check engine light come on when you first turn the ignition on? It's possible the PCM relay needs to be replaced.
  3. James909

1991 Explorer. Problem with stereo wiring.

What type of OEM stereo was in the truck? Was it the AM/FM/Cassette with a toggle type volume switch? If so, the truck has an external amplifier that needs to be bypassed. The factory amp is behind the passenger side trim in the cargo area, right above the wheel. Here is a link which has...
  4. James909

free play in front wheels

It's a good idea to check your brakes as mentioned. But if the brakes are fine and not dragging, I wouldn't worry about it, that sounds normal. You can't really compare it with the 89 Ranger because that's a different setup which uses disengaging hubs, where the axles, differential and...
  5. James909

misfire on cylinder 9

Is the check engine light still on? I would go back and ask them to check the codes again, as long as they didn't erase them.
  6. James909

misfire on cylinder 9

Do you know what the code number was? There is no cylinder number 9 on this vehicle, is that a typo?
  7. James909

Repack front wheel bearings?

As mentioned, only 91-94 Explorers have bearings which can be repacked. Sorry for the confusion, the link in post #8 was referring to the post above it which asked about a 2nd generation like you have, but the rest of the thread is pertaining to 1st generation Explorers. I went back and edited...
  8. James909

Fuel Pump has no power

Welcome to the forum. With the ignition on try grounding the light blue/orange wire in the self-test connector. If the fuel pump turns on then the fuel pump circuit is fine, but the PCM is not triggering the fuel pump relay.
  9. James909

Which "D" to use?

Overdrive is the 'D' with the white circle around it. The other 'D' locks the transmission out of overdrive for towing.
  10. James909

How to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump.

I'm glad to hear you got it figured out. Sorry I never answered your other post I have just been really busy with school lately.
  11. James909

My 96 Explorer won't start.

Does the check engine light illuminate when you first turn on the ignition? It could be the EEC relay. Also, welcome to the forum.
  12. James909

EEC-IV Codes Help Please?

KOEO-Code 116 (ECT sensor out of range) I'm going to guess and say you probably didn't have the engine warmed up when you ran this test. If this is true then you can disregard this code. CM-Code 214 (Error in CID circuit or signal) This indicates a problem with the CMP sensor, however I don't...
  13. James909

No problem.:thumbsup:
  14. James909

It looks like a 111 for both KOEO and CM codes. That's the code for system pass.
  15. James909

Is this the horn wire ? (pix)-

I'm pretty sure that those are airbag wires because of the yellow wrap. Don't mess with them. I'm sure someone else will come along with more info about the horn wire.
  16. James909

It seems to me that the PCM is not powering on. Based on your tests, it seems like the EEC relay (brown relay) is working correctly but the fuel pump relay isn't being triggered to close. With the ignition on try grounding the light blue/orange wire in the self-test connector. The fuel pump...
  17. James909

Yeah, I agree with replacing the EEC relay. I'd start there.
  18. James909

Sorry if I was kind of ambiguous in my other post, I didn't have much time. To make sure the inertia switch isn't tripped just check to see if the button on the top is pushed in. Now would also be a good time to check the switch with a test light or multimeter. Have a friend turn the ignition...
  19. James909

Assuming that you've checked all fuses, I would make sure that the inertia switch hasn't been tripped. It's probably a good idea to check for continuity across it as well. Also make sure that the CEL comes on with the ignition (PCM getting power). And you are correct in that the yellow/white...
  20. James909

94 Ranger. Fuel Pump won't start.

The problem is most likely the fuel pump relay. Information on changing the relay
  21. James909

O2 sensor question.

No problem.
  22. James909

O2 sensor question.

Bank 2 is the side opposite the #1 cylinder. Sensor 1 specifies that it is an upstream sensor. So the bank 2, sensor 1 O2 sensor is the one before the cats on the driver's side.
  23. James909

Are Cryo-Treated Rotors Worth the Expense?

Good to hear more positive feedback. Thanks.
  24. James909

Even better! Thanks!
  25. James909

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, very informative. So it seems like these rotors might have a slight edge, but not a night and day difference. I was kind of on the fence about these, but I just found that Rock Auto has these rotors dirt cheap. $98 each for the cryo-treated ones, so I...
Back