Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

2002 Explorer Body Side plastic

yup, krylon fusion. did it and works great
  2. U

Blacked Out Headlights... Need More Light

It won't make that big of a difference. If they didn't do anything with the stock bulbs I doubt there will be any melting of the tint, especially over a plastic housing.
  3. U

HIDs actually burn cooler than halogen bulbs...
  4. U

Depends how dark his covers are. It would make a difference though. Best bet would be auxiliary lighting, but I think the HIDs would make a large difference.
  5. U

Upgrade to HIDs, and go to 4300K since its the brightest.
  6. U

Police SUV interceptor rims

First off, those rims won't fit on our Explorers. Neither will the crown vic rims. You can get some Explorer SSV rims (Special Service Veh.) and paint them black, they come in silver.
  7. U

XLS to XLT Front End Swap

The part that actually fits inside the bumper.
  8. U

debadged

Taking the roof rack off was very easy, i used a hot glue gun and poured it in the leftover holes and screwed the screws back in, just to make sure it wouldn't leak haha. I think you should get blacked out side markers. It would make a very big difference.
  9. U

XLS to XLT Front End Swap

I did it on mine, it was very easy. Just know that the lower grille piece in your XLS will not fit the lower grille in the XLT front bumper. If you want pictures of before and after, let me know. I also painted the bumper (and XLS trim) with Krylon Fusion. Came out very well IMO
  10. U

vht night shade- Black tail light spray

Despite what everyone else said, no, it's not legal for street use, and it limits light visibility.
  11. U

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

Just to clarify, I actually work at the parts counter for the largest Fleet dealership on the east coast.
  12. U

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

I also get name brand products (Whelen/Federal Signal/Axixtech/SVP) at wholesale. If anyone needs lights, I can pretty much beat any other competitors prices out there. -m
  13. U

headlight switch knob

jrford, if you don't sell it, PM me, I'll buy it.
  14. U

Which fog lights?

I know this doesn't really help you much, but nice clean explorer.
  15. U

let me see your racing stripes...

...you beat me to it :(
  16. U

Good place to mount switches?

I had the same exact black circular switch as Black92LX mounted where my right knee is on the side of the center console. Very out of the way.
  17. U

your top 10 cosmetics (no rims)

Blacked out headlights. Tinted front windows Roofrack delete Painted plastics
  18. U

Lincoln Aviator cooled seats- swap

I'm jealous. Be sure to post a writeup if you do it!
  19. U

3rd Gen Mods, 2.0

Ive never heard of the brand of pulley Caldwell talked about, but I've never had ANY problems with Underdrive on any of my cars.
  20. U

Eddie Bauer go BOOM!

Hope everything works out for ya.
  21. U

Valet key for a 2004

What's the point? There's no lock on the glovebox or center console, and to get in the trunk, they can just hop over the row of seats :P
  22. U

So i got a grill

Rob a jewelry store and tell em make me a grill uh, uh Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold Yo we bout to start an epedimic wit dis one Ya'll know what dis is so so def [Nelly] Got 30 down at da bottom, 30 mo at da top All invisible set, In little ice cube blocks If i could call it...
Back